PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

I haven't flashed in a long time, I'm still using SYS version 23542 from Calk's kitchen when it first came out. Glad to see a kitchen collaboration started with the latest updates in one convenient first post location. The Calk Kitchen thread was getting way cluttered and was difficult for me to follow after 50+ pages of missed updates.

So, downloading the new stuff and will be playing around again. Thanks for everyone's hard work and contributions!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
The app.dat file is there, you just have to copy your cookies4.dat from your device into the EXT's files folder. I wasn't gonna let everyone have my ppcgeeks login... This is for Opera 10, may work on opera mini. I know it's a different location for opera 9.x...
ok, so just copy the cookies4.dat from my phone (once everything is saved) and then put that in the ext you posted? seems simple enough, but I'll probably screw it up anyways.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

ok guys, reading on the forum under saumann's area code cab, someone had two tp2's do the international calling thing without having downloaded the 3d terrorist game. I am now using lookout mobile security. I wonder if that would block it from downloading???
anyways, here's the cab, not sure if it can be ext'd, would be over my head, but if someone get's it, please post it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Lookout_Installer1269538576[1].cab (576.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
How we doin on 21649 and 23563? Those were both dumped from a .dio and should be super clean. 23563 is pretty simple to port, but 21649 is a little more of a bugger, but mainly want some opinions!
loving 23563. seems just as good as 23560.
one side note, it seems to offer word completion throughout the OS, no matter what I am typing. is it the ROM or the spb keyboard I am trying?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:52 AM

anyone else use mobile shell? seems the settings through mobile shell are all screwy. some don't have pics, others have the wrong pics. I looked through the app.reg and it looks fixable, but not for me yet. I think a lot of the cpl's were put wrong. Maybe my next big project (though sense with cookie 1.8 is pretty sweet looking, just too much of a memory hog).
Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
got to oem/tp2/0409 and open the oem_lang_0409 folder. in there open the initflashes.dat file with notepad. this is what I use to create folders (copied from rstoyguy). you can copy and paste this and rename your folders anything you want.

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu")ermDir("Programs")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu")ermDir("Settings")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Games")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Tools")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Internet")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Communications")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Music")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Multimedia")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Applications")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Location")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Search")

then most of the programs are in the ext/shared or ext/tp2 folders. those have an app.dat file that can be opened in notepad and edited to put the program in the specific folder.

for example, this is opera mini5. in the app.dat, change this
Directory("\windows\start menu\programs"):-File("OperaMini5.lnk","\windows\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.lnk")

to this (all on one line of course):
Directory("\windows\start menu\programs\internet"):-File("OperaMini5.lnk","\windows\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.lnk")
Thanks will give it a go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Thanks, once I fill it in...where does it go in the kitchen. I tried the one Smitznith posted but it didn't work. I tried naming an EXT folder "my e-mail".
the one i posted is of xda_uc folder in your storage card post flash, not for the kitchen...
Old 04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
ok next question.. i would like to cook in lockscreen on one of my softkeys on the manila homescreen.. anyone know how to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Which lockscreen? It should be fairly easy. If you want to use the HTC lockscreen, search for \windows\endkey.exe
Create a shortcut on the start menu to it and set it to "Lock Device" in the long press end key setting under settings > Personal > Buttons. Easy process to do those steps in the kitchen.
windows lock screen is the one i want...
Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would like to change the windows lock button to CHT Lock anyone know were this setting is?

Droidrox39
Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
the one i posted is of xda_uc folder in your storage card post flash, not for the kitchen...
ok I gottcha...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development