PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
Does anyone have a working 2016 people tab CFCed and all that? I am assuming the 2018 people tab/facebook locking up thing has to do with contacts that are facebook linked?
No solution for the IDS_ALLPEO_BACKUP and IDS_ALLPEO_SIMINFO in the Manila_People_2018 Package? What ever that is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by millski View Post
I use the 2016 People tab as I've never been able to get facebook to work with the Oboe version (I've used Oboe 2.5.2017 and now 3 different 2018 People tabs and they all crash on facebook) so I have no idea about the IDS menu items...
Still problems with some tabs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
So at first glance 2018 settings tab looks the same as the 2016 settings tab. I can't go into the different settings on the tab cuz they don't work. Anyone know if I'd be missing out any new and exciting features by going back to 2016 Settings?
Not that I know of. I'll have to cook and reflash, but I thought millski's setting tabs was working. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll let you know in an hour or two.

EDIT: My Settings tab seems to be working fine. All the menus are working fine. Able to do what they are suposed to do. At least as far as I can tell.

Last edited by hthomas; 08-25-2010 at 09:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
So at first glance 2018 settings tab looks the same as the 2016 settings tab. I can't go into the different settings on the tab cuz they don't work. Anyone know if I'd be missing out any new and exciting features by going back to 2016 Settings?
What's wrong with 2018 settings? Mine seem to work fine...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

The settings tab may have been an oversight on my part. I'll have to test it again.

None of my 2018 tabs "menu" buttons work. I searched the thread and found a couple of posts about it, but no solution. Did you guys have this problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
The settings tab may have been an oversight on my part. I'll have to test it again.

None of my 2018 tabs "menu" buttons work. I searched the thread and found a couple of posts about it, but no solution. Did you guys have this problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?
No problem here, except I did not know sliding keyboard sound was a dependentice of the settings tab. Other than that oversight on my part, all was good.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
No problem here, except I did not know sliding keyboard sound was a dependentice of the settings tab. Other than that oversight on my part, all was good.
the "menu" buttons in any 2018 tabs work? If so, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried many many combinations of packages and dependencies...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
the "menu" buttons in any 2018 tabs work? If so, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried many many combinations of packages and dependencies...
Are you talking about the setting tab menu. The one that just has "All Settings", if so then yes all the settings tabs seems OK. I did have that problem when I was trying to get this core working. I found millski's post and just never figured it out.

I'm sure you've checked all the setting dependentice. Bluetooth, comm manager, keyboard sliding sound, bah bah bah

Last edited by hthomas; 08-26-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Good fine a link to his thread is at the top of my post.
How would I learn more about the differences between modules and files, I'm at a loss whaen it comes to these things. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49&postcount=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
I believe the difference in building roms is, if the dll is a module when the kitchen compiles it for 6.5 kernel it is able to use the higher memory slots 60 & 61??? I am not positive but it frees up more memory in slot 0 and 1 or something like that. Read the 6.5 thread on XDA by Da_G. [...]
- One very important thing to remember about modules is that they do not copy. They have to be run out of the Windows directory. Every Module that I have made that then tries to copy to a diff. folder has ended up as an unusable 0 Kb file.

Virtual Memory in Windows Mobile 6.5 and how it differs from 6.1 and 6.0[...]
Da_G's most excellent explaination.
One other thing I recently started to try and utilize is this feature from 6.1 (in the same post as above):
Code:
WM 6.1 also introduces the process initvmmap.exe in the MSXIPKernel, NK partition (xip.bin).
This process draws a map of all virtual memory,
and uses the following registry key from the boot hive (boot.hv):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\dllname.dll]
"filename.exe"=dword:1
"filename2.exe"=dword:1

This tells the system that the module dllname.dll
is only required when filename.exe is running, or filename2.exe is running
- and whenever these processes are not running, the virtual memory space is available,
and can be dynamically allocated to by the system.
Now I have added a few for some of applications that I use frequently:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo]

;FullscreenPlayer
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\FSPlayer.dll]
"HTCVideoPlayer.exe"=dword:1
"HTCAlbum.exe"=dword:1

;StreamingMedia
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RTSPHandler.dll]
"StreamingPlayer.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\voFltRTSP.dll]
"StreamingPlayer.exe"=dword:1

;HTCYouTubePlayer
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ProtocolHandler.dll]
"YouTube.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\voFltPD.dll]
"YouTube.exe"=dword:1

;RescoExplorer and PhotoManagerPro
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RFileShell.dll]
"Explorer.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RFtpShell.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RRegShell.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RZipShell.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\unrar.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\WebServices.dll]
"PhotoManPro.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RImgFmts.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\RImgRaw.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\SamsungMobilesdk_1.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\smiHapticsServer_1.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\SmiSensorServer_1.dll]

;Manila (??neccessary??probably not cause I always run Manila)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ce536_high_tech_mobile_wm6.dll]
"AudioManager_eng.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\appointmentservice.dll]
"manila.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\audiomanagerservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\cameraalbumservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\homeservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\htcaccountmanagersvr.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\internetpushservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\launcherservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\settingservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\weatherservice.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\worldclockservice.dll]

Honestly, I think I can add more, and It will probably help a bit more.
What doya think?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 AM
VIP Member

@ William_Fold

I believe it was you who gave me a Music_Pages.xml file when I asked about my music tab menu button not working. I'm hoping that by figuring out what you did to that .xml, I can figure out how to get my 2018 tab menu buttons working. I glanced at them both briefly this morning, and they are different, but they are different builds as well. I didn't want to go through and start messing with things too heavily if I could get a little direction first, hopefully.

A little help, if you would be so kind...

Or anyone, if something pops in your head that might help me out!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

is anyone else finding that Manila Messaging 2.1 (beta 2 fix) is breaking landscape for the new Sense?
After I click a text to reply and the manila2.1 window opens... Manila cannot display in landscape until I restart Sense.
Think I should just remove it and Only cook in Arcsoft?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
is anyone else finding that Manila Messaging 2.1 (beta 2 fix) is breaking landscape for the new Sense?
After I click a text to reply and the manila2.1 window opens... Manila cannot display in landscape until I restart Sense.
Think I should just remove it and Only cook in Arcsoft?
i dont use it anymore. i use Kimi_Sae_Ireba's messaging mod and all is working well for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development