PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

stangdriver52000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

I can't text at all, from the main home tab, a text comes in and when I touch the text message tab, HTC sense crashes, it says launching HTC sense and then I am back at the home tab again... I am just gonna give up and stick with the "sprint lovers" 2.5 rom. Cooking should not be this damn hard
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver52000 View Post
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong... I have cooked about 5 different roms so far, and everyone of them crashes out HTC sense when you try to go to the messaging tab???
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
I noticed this happens when I send a txt and close the phone. I tried the sense 2.5 and 2.1 (ported to 2.5) messaging tab that are in Calks kitchen.

If you are still using Calks kitchen still like I am (with alot of recent oem and sys additions....) i still get a "txt has been sent" message box i cant get rid of...
the txt has been sent is a reg edit.. .did you mess with calks tweaks - registry folder in the oem/common folder?

mine never fails.. but i am also using a modded up calk kitchen with everything sorted into folders.....

can you post a buildlog?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:23 PM
ICE
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP

question for the chefs who know registry stuff...

I get tired of deleting all the .lnk files from my sys each time they are ported.. any way to write a registry that automatically deletes them?

TIA
Old 04-23-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO

stangdriver52000 is just getting started

I have now used the same kitchen on two different PC's, one at home and one at work, both with the same results
Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver52000 View Post
I have now used the same kitchen on two different PC's, one at home and one at work, both with the same results
Def something in your kitchen then, can you post a buildlog.txt and your .erv?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
question for the chefs who know registry stuff...

I get tired of deleting all the .lnk files from my sys each time they are ported.. any way to write a registry that automatically deletes them?

TIA

Hows about i just make you a smiznith folder that comes the way you want it to cook. Just pm me a list of requests, and i can just add it to my script.
But to answer this question, it could be done in an .xml, but that would be tedious and different for every sys, as they each have a different subset of .lnk's..
unless...
can you use the *.lnk variable in an xml?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
ICE
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Hows about i just make you a smiznith folder that comes the way you want it to cook. Just pm me a list of requests, and i can just add it to my script.
But to answer this question, it could be done in an .xml, but that would be tedious and different for every sys, as they each have a different subset of .lnk's..
unless...
can you use the *.lnk variable in an xml?
oh man that would be great but i couldnt ask you to do my dirty work..lol

just all the .lnk files need to be deleted so i dont have duplicates.... since the sys puts them all in the start menu automatically unless i can figure out how to move them with a .xml
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
oh man that would be great but i couldnt ask you to do my dirty work..lol

just all the .lnk files need to be deleted so i dont have duplicates.... since the sys puts them all in the start menu automatically unless i can figure out how to move them with a .xml
I will have that for you tonight. I will have a top level folder called smiznith. Since you have modded all the ones prior, i will add them in there for you starting with all new releases.

Think nothing of it bro,

I am actually going to grab a newer release of 23563 tonight. If it is anything like the 23560-I have great hopes for it. I will let ya know when its in the folder.

Last edited by welrope; 04-23-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Yes, but no sound from the phone rings. Also when I select a ringer you would hear the sound. Doesn't do that any more.

Checking from sounds & notifications. It's works from there??????

No sound from Sound and Display. Any tone selected will not show in Sounds & Notifications.

I updated some of my oem's last night, maybe that's the reason. Will put the old ones back in and see what happens.

Ok I put the old oem 409 and common folders back in. Now I get sound from the Sound & Display. But when I get a call, NO RING.

Edit: Alarm sounds work. Where did I go wrong? I am using Calks VK, are the sound files differnet or is do I need to edit the xml files.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-23-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Another question Almost have everything how I want it.

Where do you change all of the sound setting for ringer types and options for example new mms received?

Also where are the settings for Manilla Data Services and Locale and text under manilla settings?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development