PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
have the 6.5.x builds reached the speed and stability of 6.5 yet? Im on 21905 and im tempted 2 upgrade bc i want something new. What would you guys recommend? Should i stick with 6.5 for stability?
I have been using the 6.5.x builds since they started coming out and having the start and X button on the bottom is totally worth it. As far as stability I have always though it was as stable as 6.5 builds. There are always funky builds here and there but over all I like 21656 and 23563 and 23569. Alto with xTask from XDA its almost perfect

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I'll try yours now and report back.

Oh and sorry for not thanking your first posting of the Kbd. I thanked your next 2 or 3 post though Just got caught up rushing to cook before work.

Did you try cooking it in with another keyboard? If so, is there something special I need to do to cook in two or more?
I cook this and EzInput in, my reg is set to make Sywpe the default SIP, you can modify the reg if you prefer it as a secondary.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Formula84 your EXT works good. Thanks, and yes, I thanked you. It's still not as fast as the VGA version I used to use, but still faster than EZinput or any others, IMO. Thanks again!

I also got it cooking in w/EZInput, so disregard my previous question about cooking two SIPs in.

Considering the controversy and ill will surrounding it, would it be a bad idea to cook this into a publicly released ROM since they don't want us to have it for free?
You have already said too much...lol If u do I would just not make it well known thats all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
have the 6.5.x builds reached the speed and stability of 6.5 yet? Im on 21905 and im tempted 2 upgrade bc i want something new. What would you guys recommend? Should i stick with 6.5 for stability?
i wondered about this myself a couple weeks ago as i was going on a trip and wouldnt be around the puter if my 6.5x build started acting up. i figured id just stick with the 23569 build i had flashed and it performed perfect the entire time i was gone. i was using the phone for everything and it never gave me any hiccups.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
I cook this and EzInput in, my reg is set to make Sywpe the default SIP, you can modify the reg if you prefer it as a secondary.
The way it seems to work for me is the last one cooked in is that one that's the default. I'm assuming there are regedits in each that set it as the default and that the last one cooked in overwrites all the others?

Quote:
I've been on 6.5.X since I first tried it and haven't looked back. What bugs are you referring to exactly. My ROM is pretty bug free, I believe.

Edit: K, so I've edited or deleted all my post to remove references of it. If it's that serious, you guys can edit or delete any of your posts that quote any of my posts, as I'm unable to edit someone elses. I'd hate to bring anyone's wrath down on PPCGeeks.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-07-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
IMO, 6.5.x got there months ago (and IMHO was already there when Sprint released 6.5). I used 235xx for a couple of months with no problems and moved to 23121 a week ago.

6.5.3 is absolutely where MS is spending their 6.5 resources. They appear to be done with 6.5.5 (COM5, 23569, etc)

Do yourself a favor - move up!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Guys

I want to use a different icon for PHM Regedit, and Winrar, but the icon is generated i believe by the exe.

Where can I add the command to use my own icon instead ?

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Hey Guys

I want to use a different icon for PHM Regedit, and Winrar, but the icon is generated i believe by the exe.

Thanks for any help.
You have to change icon using reg. Have you tried searching for it?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
Anyone know if the Huashan dialer works ok with 23569? I remember we had to change some files around to get to work on some builds but cant remember witch ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Use cprog.exe tpcutil.dll pimstore.dll from a 231xx build...
i still get the occasional scroll bar on my huashan dialer but when i open the slider and close it, it fixes itself. am i doing something wrong? i am running 23121..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Hey Guys

Thanks for any help.
You can add an regedit like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Tools\PHM Registry Editor.lnk]
"Icon"="\\Windows\\Registry2.png"

Except make the path where you want it, obviously.

As far as where to put it... I have all my icon regedits as my second to last set of EXTs to make sure they do not get overwritten by anything.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development