PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||10-24-10|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

But you guys have to remember too, the ROM he makes caters him, we're just lucky enough to be able to use it. And I think Opera 10 does not with with the zoom bar we have on these phones.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||10-24-10|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

ok i don't get it leads rom is great as is i dun see why people are complaining about it if u want a totally stripped rom go with barenaked rom then please be respectful as he didn't have to share this in the first place keep in mind feedback is 1 thing trying to tell someone what to do is another ..

have a great day folks ...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUFlyer View Post
Hi leadpoizon -

Let me say first of all, THANK YOU for your work on these ROMs. I've been stuck on the stock Sprint ROM for a long time, and your ROM just blows it away in terms of both performance and features.

I did run into one slight issue with your latest beta (version 3.11.10.10 Multi Lite Beta). The ROM installed fine, and I selected Sprint from the Carrier Provisioning screen. However, while the data services worked just fine, I was not able to send or receive calls on Sprint's network. When trying to place a call, I heard a tone, followed by a message from "American Roaming" asking me if I wanted to place a collect call (or something like that). I'm guessing the phone just wasn't provisioned properly for Sprint's voice services. I don't *think* I'm doing anything wrong... for comparison, I tried installing the version 2.10.24.10 Multi Lite ROM, and it worked just fine on Sprint's network. I also tried re-installing the beta (version 3.11.10.10), but I kept running into the same problem. For now, I'm back to running the Sprint-specific version 2.10.24.10, which works great.

Thanks again!
Have you run 'Update Profile' from Settings > System? I might fix the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
Nah I know he cant make alot of roms. I'm not complaining here. but I just want you to post your results before I try that Beta ROM.
Edit: oooh if you could include a small change? in the sounds and notifications tab area the "repeat" box is greyed out in a few. Its enabled in the "reminders" which is good but the "new email and new text message" boxes are greyed out and not selectable. I like how you enabled all the keep light flashing box selectable. I have been having to use a regestry editor to make the changes.
Maybe i could help by telling you the options value in both need to be set to "1073741835" (im pretty sure)

Shhhh but i tried that energy ROM...SSHHHH but that is so full of bling,sliding this, ,wiget here, cookie there. to cluttered. felt like it should include exterior neon leds
I'll see if i can enable the text messaging notification options, but the email one I have deliberately kept grayed out because it won't do anything. The led driver is set to blink the light for emails even if we disable it in the settings. Using the different led driver (like some other chefs do) causes some other functions to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
Not asking for a million ROMS, just asking for his Lite ROM to not include Opera (or any other apps that we have cabs for). The idea of a lite rom is great, the execution just needs some tweaking.

Ideally i'd love to see a REAL lite rom without even Sense cooked in, just give us a cab for it and let us decide what apps we want on the phones.

But compared to the other chefs out there he is lightyears ahead of anyone else in releasing a ROM that isn't packed full of uninstallable crap. Seeing stuff like Energy, Mighty, and Plutonium.. ugh. They have more crap packed in them than the worlds fattest man 24 hours after visiting an all you can eat resteraunt.
Thanks for the compliment. I'll look into a sense-free rom if I get some time. And if i do release it, it'll be a side project, and I won't be able to keep up with multiple projects at once. I'll expect your input in testing it out, if things come close to release. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by adog77 View Post
Big problem with the scrolling in many of the htc/sense ui. Twitter tab for example does not let you scroll to any old tweets. It jolts back to the newest tweets once I scroll down. Same for text messages and others. This problem is in all of your new roms. Still a great rom though!
This problem has been noted by me before, my friend. It's part of the new cores, I think. Past 2014, they started doing funky stuff with the scrolling. I'm still on the watch to fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
whoa no need to disrespect the cooks, i happend to like opera 9.7 better than 10 it runs more ram efficiently and doesnt take up the whole damn screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
But you guys have to remember too, the ROM he makes caters him, we're just lucky enough to be able to use it. And I think Opera 10 does not with with the zoom bar we have on these phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
ok i don't get it leads rom is great as is i dun see why people are complaining about it if u want a totally stripped rom go with barenaked rom then please be respectful as he didn't have to share this in the first place keep in mind feedback is 1 thing trying to tell someone what to do is another ..

have a great day folks ...
Thanks, folks. If it's one thing I've been thought well in my upbringing, it's assuming positive intent. I think they meant no harm and one person may read text different than another. I respect their opinions and inputs, as I do everyone else. Thank you all for the support. I will see if I get time to full-fill requests. Still working to make the betas I released perfect!

Last edited by leadpoizon; 11-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

emkorial is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
whoa no need to disrespect the cooks, i happend to like opera 9.7 better than 10 it runs more ram efficiently and doesnt take up the whole damn screen
I'm not disrespecting the chef, at all. I just don't understand why any chef would cook in an uninstallable app, when the cab to install that app is freely, easily aquired.

If we are comfortable flashinga ROM to our phone, then we know how to find and instal lthe cabs we want. Adding uninstallable apps does nothing but crud up an otherwise great ROM.

If you liked Opera 9.7 better, then install the 9.7 cab. If someone wants 10.1, let them install 10.1. If someone whats to use another browser, let them use that.

Don't force your individual reference on others for no gain.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
I'm not disrespecting the chef, at all. I just don't understand why any chef would cook in an uninstallable app, when the cab to install that app is freely, easily aquired.

If we are comfortable flashinga ROM to our phone, then we know how to find and instal lthe cabs we want. Adding uninstallable apps does nothing but crud up an otherwise great ROM.

If you liked Opera 9.7 better, then install the 9.7 cab. If someone wants 10.1, let them install 10.1. If someone whats to use another browser, let them use that.

Don't force your individual reference on others for no gain.
once again u missed the point malagradecido. his rom doesnt even come with that much "crud" if any at all, most of us who install such roms do not want to spend all day installing cabs, really i just want to setup my exchange,resync my contacts and texts messages,install a couple of cabs and then be on my way and this rom provides that experience.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've been testing out roaming functionality on the ROM, but having a hard time since I am rarely in an area that I need to roam in. Can anyone tell me if they are able make calls while in roam status? I realized that I roamed once (On Verizon) and it said Verizon could not "authenticate" the device. Feedback!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

On the 10/24 rom I was able to Roam. You can always force roam to test things out.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

couple of issues/concerns. how can i stop the battery meter from counting down 1 at a time? it seems that my battery is draining really fast (almost 1% per minute). and the OzIM cab found within here does not hold my user name and password info or save any conversations, i have to re-login everytime it closes which is very annoying. how can i fix this?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Been using the Sprint Lite 10/24 ROM for about 2 straight weeks now. Went to turn on my phone to ck the time and had to soft reset to get it to come up...When it did I had the 2nd storage card and all my programs installed to the card wouldnt work. Favorite people were gone and internet wouldnt work. Outlook account had disappeared. I know there are other people that are having this same issue. Just wanted to give the chef my feedback. It was a great 2 weeks!

Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jdfrye is just getting started

using the 10-24 sprint Lead rom. did a soft reset using the soft reset within the tools folder and all my shortcuts quick tabs were cleared and all my favorite ppl short cuts dissapeared.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development