PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM⚠ ☼Color ROM Sreens are POSTED!!☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
Question: When upgrading to the latest ROM Release.

What do most of you do as far as restoring from a backup or just start all over and install everything?

I have most everything installed to my SD and after the Flash, I just use the File Explorer App that has 'Create Shortcut' and add all my programs back that way, with a few exceptions that I have to Re-install Pocket Informant and a few others. No big deal to me and all my Contacts and Events of course get restored when I sync my phone. No big deal

Do you guys/gals use Sashimi, SPB Backup, Sprite Backup and if so, what options do you use to backup and use to restore?

I don't mind doing it the way I have been, but i'm always looking for a faster and better way.

'I know I could post this somewhere else' but I really want to know what you the users of BiGnAdAd ROM use.
Thanks for the input on post above the one that is quoted here....

I have tried adding xda_uc to my ROM, but have been unsuccessful.. i have read the post and know how it works, but seem to be missing something simple... i have tried asking a few people, but have not been able to get working yet. if anyone can help pm me.. i have the EXT setup in my kitchen and all the details plugged in, but have a few questions.....

xda_uc seems to be the way to go from what i see....

as far as the steps i take, i pretty much put everything i need into it while cooking! i use windows live to sync email.. then myphone to sync everything else.... just that easy...... but for users that need their own customizations i will add whatever is needed and wanted.... just let me know...

Old 05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X
Carrier: Verizon

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Question: When upgrading to the latest ROM Release.

What do most of you do as far as restoring from a backup or just start all over and install everything?

I have most everything installed to my SD and after the Flash, I just use the File Explorer App that has 'Create Shortcut' and add all my programs back that way, with a few exceptions that I have to Re-install Pocket Informant and a few others. No big deal to me and all my Contacts and Events of course get restored when I sync my phone. No big deal

Do you guys/gals use Sashimi, SPB Backup, Sprite Backup and if so, what options do you use to backup and use to restore?

I don't mind doing it the way I have been, but i'm always looking for a faster and better way.

'I know I could post this somewhere else' but I really want to know what you the users of BiGnAdAd ROM use.

I was able to get my personal e-mail set-up to a microsoft exchange server so it pushes it down. So this takes care of my e-mail, contacts and calendar. After that it is just adding the CAB's that I want and a few other tweaks. So I would say I basically start from scratch and start over. I tried a bunch of different ROM's when I switched from the carriers so I have this down to where I am set-up and going in less than a half hour when I flash something new. However I may be getting rusty since I have not switched in a couple weeks since finding this one. Looking forward to getting the rust off and trying it late this weekend or early next week.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Any word on MaxSense?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Any word on MaxSense?
MaxSense was removed from this thread, I believe a new thread will be created when it is ready
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM Very Fast/Very Clean⚠ ☼Color ROM Coming☼

Quote:
Yes, arkswitch I too have had some problems, nothing a soft reset didn't fix.

I am easy when it comes to the top toolbar, I perfer the numeric value for the battery, Anything that goes along with your theme is awesome to me.

Change the Browser Default to Opera and not IE, I think whatever version of IE this is, it is slow for me.

Keep up the great work.
what he said
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I want to try adding one of the GTX themes, can anyone tell me if I should download the CFC Compressed or non-compressed?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

@ Recursion & neudof

Check out the forum below for all MaxSense updates

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115433
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JDub0820 is keeping up the good workJDub0820 is keeping up the good work
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM Very Fast/Very Clean⚠ ☼Color ROM Coming☼

Quote:
I like the colors, I'm not too fond of the Wifi Router icon with the hand.
I have been trying to help Big with the color icons and I probably bit off more than I can chew, as I didn't realize how difficult coming up with something for all the icons was going to be. While I agree, the "hand" just really doesn't fit with the other icons, I have been focusing on trying to get "something" for all the icons so I have settled when maybe I shouldn't have. That being said, as I continue to try to finish this set, I am open to design concept suggestions for this icon or any others that have been seen thus far. Some of these are my work entirely, some are not. My intentions are to get a complete set ready now, and then I will focus on reworking some that I am not happy with and redesigning some entirely from scratch. Now off to try to finish the set......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Ummm. this rom suffers from an old problem that I haven't seen in a LONG time. PUSH services are not working when it is an exchange server that operates in paranoia mode. So... i think you need to look this one up.

the active sync error is:
0x85010013

Yes... this IS the ROM... not just me. Some exchange servers will work, but the more strict ones will reject... because something in this ROM is missing. What it is, I don't know... but I have not had this issue on any of the other ROMS I have tried.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Ummm. this rom suffers from an old problem that I haven't seen in a LONG time. PUSH services are not working when it is an exchange server that operates in paranoia mode. So... i think you need to look this one up.

the active sync error is:
0x85010013

Yes... this IS the ROM... not just me. Some exchange servers will work, but the more strict ones will reject... because something in this ROM is missing. What it is, I don't know... but I have not had this issue on any of the other ROMS I have tried.
Here you Go!
activesync error 0x85010013
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development