PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

liable is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.23.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

why dont taskbars that work on the stock 6.5 rom work on this?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: **[3.23.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synn93 View Post
Does the mms work?
yes the MMS works
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

JSarella is a n00b

Great ROM Chris!

I have two questions, would it be possible for me to add the Documents tab onto the HTC Sense on here? Also, on startup your ROM usually has about 56% RAM left after a soft-reset, its using a little more than other ROM's I have used in the past so I was wondering if there's anything special to yours that makes it this way.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wanted to add a couple of minor issues. First is no ActiveSync shortcut in the start menu or in tools folder. I searched throughout and it's not there. Second is the games folder is actually inside the tools folder instead of in the main programs folder. I moved it myself. But i can't find the right ActiveSync shortcut to put into the start menu. I need this bad so I can sync my contacts. Will somebody please help?
Overall I love this ROM concept and plan to keep it if all goes well. Thanks Chris!

EDIT: I fixed the missing ActiveSync shortcut in start menu by using Total Commander to edit "async.ink". Edit the properties and uncheck hidden and read only. Check system file and archive. Then copy the edited shortcut to your sd card. Then you can copy it from the sd card to the start menu folder of your choice. This is what finaly worked for me after several unsuccessful attempts to copy the async to my start menu programs folder.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 03-24-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

The Games folder is showing in the correct place for me, right in the start menu. And the Activesync icon is in the Outlook folder. Nothing wrong on my end.

Chris - will you ever think about putting in the newer TeleNav (v 5.5.24)? I have a cab that works fine with other ROMs, the drive to from the address book works fine... cab posted here in case you want it.

This is a really superb ROM - haven't had a single problem so far! I've installed all my apps and tweaks and it's still running really smooth!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint TeleNav Sprint PPC 5.5.24.cab (1.96 MB, 138 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by chino331; 03-24-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSarella View Post
Great ROM Chris!

I have two questions, would it be possible for me to add the Documents tab onto the HTC Sense on here? Also, on startup your ROM usually has about 56% RAM left after a soft-reset, its using a little more than other ROM's I have used in the past so I was wondering if there's anything special to yours that makes it this way.
I tried to add the documents/footprints tabs during a preliminary cook and it did not work. This is probably because it is missing the files within the Manila Core. If anyone finds a working port of the documents or footprints tab I would gladly add it in. Memory usage is higher than older roms because HTC Sense is memory intense and uses a lot of resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
I wanted to add a couple of minor issues. First is no ActiveSync shortcut in the start menu or in tools folder. I searched throughout and it's not there. Second is the games folder is actually inside the tools folder instead of in the main programs folder. I moved it myself. But i can't find the right ActiveSync shortcut to put into the start menu. I need this bad so I can sync my contacts. Will somebody please help?

EDIT: I fixed the missing ActiveSync shortcut in start menu by using Total Commander to edit "async.ink". Edit the properties and uncheck hidden and read only. Check system file and archive. Then copy the edited shortcut to your sd card. Then you can copy it from the sd card to the start menu folder of your choice. This is what finaly worked for me after several unsuccessful attempts to copy the async to my start menu programs folder.
Check your software installs as it sounds like something messed up your start menu items. The Activesync icon is placed in the Outlook folder. The Games folder is at the bottom left of the start menu.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

You can move stuff around in the start menu by holding down on the icon and choosing "move to top" in 6.5
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Aah I see where the original ActiveSync icon is now. I never thought to look there. As for the games folder I bet I must have accidently selected it when I was moving shortcuts around. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

No problems here either except for a memory warning while using Skyfire browser. It was up to 90 something percent for some reason so I rebooted and have not had that happen again yet.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Chris I have a question. Did you use the new Sprint 6.5 core system in this ROM? What if anything is not from the original Sprint 6.5 rom as far as core components? Excluding the obvious add-ons like WiFi router, etc.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Chris I have a question. Did you use the new Sprint 6.5 core system in this ROM? What if anything is not from the original Sprint 6.5 rom as far as core components? Excluding the obvious add-ons like WiFi router, etc.
This rom is built using the Sprint 6.5 as a base.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development