PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure in what you mean...
Disregard it.

1. Your card should be FAT-32, not FAT. If you don't know what that means, and your card works OK, then you're good.
2. Since you used the word reformat, that means it's already formatted. And again, if it works, leave it alone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
Well, I tried this just like you told me to and I am getting a sprint error. I am done with this update. Sprint should have took lessons from some of our chefs. Thanks for you help though.
Give this cab a try it was an update fix by Calkulin.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=351

Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokouhi View Post
I messed with this rom for 5 hours roughly and I must say that this rom is really garbage. It is like they stole the kitchen from one of the chefs on here. It is cool that they rolled manila 2.5 but really Mighty Mike your roms are the damn best plain and simple. Back to impact and to hell with the sprint update. Guys really take your parts you need and let the cooking begin. The hype of this will die in a few days.
At least this in an official touch pro 2 Sense 2.5 rom so the chefs will have an official base to work off of. I'm sure that it is going to be a faster and even more stable than any of the ported roms that they've been working with up until now.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I thought I would mirror this in a post.. for those on there cell phones who need to download the nbh only, download from here

http://www.2shared.com/file/12220373...d/RHODIMG.html

austin if you wish to, put this on first post for others to notice
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post

Sprint doesn't want everyone tethering on their networks. they have special plans for people that want to use their network as a computer internet. that's why they don't have it built into their roms.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post

Before I try this, what do you think of this rom and have you ever tried any of the cooked roms? I just dont want to waist my time if it is not worth it.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

jwdaniels23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgolfpro View Post
Sprint doesn't want everyone tethering on their networks. they have special plans for people that want to use their network as a computer internet. that's why they don't have it built into their roms.

Yes but who wants to pay $50 to tether once and a while.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well been running this upgrade through the morning, a few reboots and its running smooth and quick - important note flash, configure, restart a couple times seems to help

myphone didnt give me any issues with setting up or synching although I ended up with a few duplicate names and some older texts I had to delete, nothing to rough out there in case anyone wants to cry about something that minor LOL

not sure why everyone is saying Task Manager isnt in it - its right there under start> toward the bottom - no issues with it, unless people are referring to the main screen access to stopping progs from the upper right drop down (I do miss that as well)

Audio Manager/Player is an issue so far and going to dig through the reg and such to see if I can stabilize it unless someone beats me to it as it will crash quite often if I play a song stop then go to other items nothing major as it doesnt crash out the OS just the audio player

Opera, Facebook, Twitter, Texting and Picture Text all working just fine

Camera is OK although I will be installing the "enable all features" cab soon enough

All in all it seems a decent upgrade and the chefs will have fun stripping out and integrating the "new" items into their ROMs soon enough

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Before I try this, what do you think of this rom and have you ever tried any of the cooked roms? I just dont want to waist my time if it is not worth it.
Follow a basic axiom - "if its not broke dont fix it" if your custom ROM of choice is working for you keep on keeping on

Im sure an updated version of the ROM your using will be out soon enough

Old 03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yes but who wants to pay $50 to tether once and a while.
No I know exactly what you mean, I'm just letting you know why you have to install something to be able to tether.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development