PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aycc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Does anyone know how to create the "Action" button on the left side of home screen?
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: Beeline

sherzodm is a n00b

Hello everyone, thanks for your nice job. I am from Uzbekistan, bought HTC TP2 Sprint in US, dual band (CDMA/GSM), registered CDMA in our local service provider.
Unfortunately, every time after soft reset HANDS FREE App request to register, and obviously can not do that. Also, Sprint data call is pre-installed, and every time I am using local data provider it first starts Device Configuration, obviously can not do that with later error code 1012.
I have 3 questions:
1) how to bypass Hands Free Activation
2) how to bypass Device Configuration
3) how to remove Sprint fixed data modem dial

thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherzodm View Post
Hello everyone, thanks for your nice job. I am from Uzbekistan, bought HTC TP2 Sprint in US, dual band (CDMA/GSM), registered CDMA in our local service provider.
Unfortunately, every time after soft reset HANDS FREE App request to register, and obviously can not do that. Also, Sprint data call is pre-installed, and every time I am using local data provider it first starts Device Configuration, obviously can not do that with later error code 1012.
I have 3 questions:
1) how to bypass Hands Free Activation
2) how to bypass Device Configuration
3) how to remove Sprint fixed data modem dial

thanks in advance
i think your best bet would just be to flash a custom rom, but I'll try to help you out.
1. delete LanuchOMC in registry (HKLM/services)
2. not sure
3. I think CMGuardian is causing this problem. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=31
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

KimoSan is a n00b

Duplicate emails anyone?

Alright, I've been looking through this thread and others 'till my eyes have gone blurry and haven't seen anything on this specific problem (yes, I did a search). So, if I missed it, I apologize in advance. Feel free to call me a newb, moron, whatever. I'll take it.

Here's the problem. I just upgraded my Sprint TP2 to WinMo 6.5, set up my gmail account on the homescreen email tab and now it won't stop downloading the same email over and over and over and over and... (you get the idea). Everytime the email shows up, I tap the MENU button and select DELETE MESSAGE. A few minutes later it shows up again. Arrgghh! It's doing this for all emails that I delete but not the ones that I simply open, read, and close out.

Here's my current setup:
-Sprint TP2 w/ stock WinMo 6.5 ROM
-HTC X-button.cab
-HTC_Taskmanager.cab
-2.5 wvga clock fix.cab

Again, if I missed a previous discussion on this I apologize. If there's a CAB to fix this, I'd love to have a go at it.

Thanks in advance to all-

EDIT - Just found out that the emails are not being deleted from the gmail server/account. Anyone know how to actually get the DELETE MESSAGE function to work? It worked fine in 6.1.

Last edited by KimoSan; 04-08-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

OMG That is happening to me too! But I am getting duplicates on my regular insight mail too which is my home email. I have like 3 addresses and I see stuff popping up again and again. But on GMail it pops up over and over alot more.. It's weird but I thought it was just a wrong setting..
Old 04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor

From your Inbox:

Menu>Tools>Options>(Select E-Mail Account)>Send/Receive Schedule>Advanced Settings

In the drop-down box marked "When Deleting Messages:", select "Delete them off the server" as opposed to "Move to server trash".

So far this has worked for me, as my wife and I were having the same issues as well after upgrading from WM 6.1 to 6.5.

As for GMail, I have that set up to sync in Exchange and so far have not had issues of e-mails magically "reappearing".
Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slimjon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to slimjon

This is in Reference to adding the User Information function back to WM6.5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I was reading the whole thread... Here is how to unhide it Feel free to thank me lol! I had to look thru like 50 pages.

Under HKLM/ControlPanel/Owner, change the hide from 1 to 0, reboot and good to go.

credit goes to user appzattak.

Thanks for reposting this... Now is there a way to make the User information screen show up when the phone is turned on. On WM6.1 the screen would show when powered on, before going to the unlock screen.

Last edited by slimjon; 04-09-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slimjon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to slimjon

After upgrading to WM6.5, I lost one of the onscreen keyboard options. The keyboard that I am looking for is the full QWERTY with the small buttons that requires the stylus for typing. Does anyone know how to reactivate that keyboard?

Last edited by slimjon; 04-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: Beeline

sherzodm is a n00b

have another issue now... battery status disappeared from bar... how it can be back?
thnx in advance
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

My gmail and yahoo were set to send to trash not delete from server. But all my home Insight emails said delete from server and I still get dups from there some. But thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post
From your Inbox:

Menu>Tools>Options>(Select E-Mail Account)>Send/Receive Schedule>Advanced Settings

In the drop-down box marked "When Deleting Messages:", select "Delete them off the server" as opposed to "Move to server trash".

So far this has worked for me, as my wife and I were having the same issues as well after upgrading from WM 6.1 to 6.5.

As for GMail, I have that set up to sync in Exchange and so far have not had issues of e-mails magically "reappearing".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development