PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkron View Post
pretty sure i didnt disable it. any ideas how to get it back?
ok on the home screen select menu, and than personalize home screen tabs, and look to see if there is a check by sprint music, and if not than check it and that should do it

ps if i helped please it the thanks button
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Has anyone tried this? I miss the missed call and call history on the home screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi, Welcome to the site!

here is something I found on Pocketnow.com. the article says you can add this sense tab for call history. I haven't personally tried it but it may be worth giving it a go. good luck.

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ad...tc-sense-25-21
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Pooh434 is a n00b

tx_dbs_tx,

I have Windows XP. I hesitantly disconnected last night, and was able to reconnect with no problem. And before I ran out for work this morning, I connected again to see if everything still works, because I had to reboot for the Microsoft MyPhone update. I was able to connect this morning too, so I should be just fine in the future. Now, once I find a cab to extend this poor battery life, I'll be all set. After the update, the phone doesn't like anything except the AC Wall charger. After a few minutes on the car charger (Sprint mfr), I'll get the "charging current not sufficient..." notice that everyone else is complaining about. I want to try the 16 quicklinks cab, but I don't want to mess up Sense. Do you use it? I installed the background for all pages cab when I had 6.1 and totally crashed my TouchFlo, so I'm not touching that cab again. LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh434 View Post
tx_dbs_tx,

I have Windows XP. I hesitantly disconnected last night, and was able to reconnect with no problem. And before I ran out for work this morning, I connected again to see if everything still works, because I had to reboot for the Microsoft MyPhone update. I was able to connect this morning too, so I should be just fine in the future. Now, once I find a cab to extend this poor battery life, I'll be all set. After the update, the phone doesn't like anything except the AC Wall charger. After a few minutes on the car charger (Sprint mfr), I'll get the "charging current not sufficient..." notice that everyone else is complaining about. I want to try the 16 quicklinks cab, but I don't want to mess up Sense. Do you use it? I installed the background for all pages cab when I had 6.1 and totally crashed my TouchFlo, so I'm not touching that cab again. LOL
Yes actually I do use the 16 quickolinks tweak cab. No issues with it at all for me on theofficial sprint 6.5 rom. You can find it on the first page of the tweaks for sprint 6.5 rom thread. As for the "charging insufficient" issue, I have never had that happen on my touch pro 2 with the new sprint 6.5 rom and I have 2 or 3 different branded car chargers. this phone requires the standard 5V DC. All of my motorola and HTC chargers work just fine. I would test your chargers for proper voltage or something. Looks like a perfect oportunity to take your phone into the Sprint store for a free warranty replacement. If they can duplicate the problem on a new charger. Sooo... how banged up is your phone again???
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I apologize if this has been answered already, but a search really didn't find me a definite answer:

Is there a RegEdit or other method to disable the G-Sensor Auto-Rotate in this ROM? I was able to in settings on Manilla 2.1, but I'm not seeing it here.

Thanks. The Auto-Rotation really drives me buggy sometimes.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Pooh434 is a n00b

Okay, I'll definately give the 16 quicklinks cab a try. I can always uninstall it. I've had my car charger for well over a year, so maybe it's just on the brink of death... I've only had this phone since Dec (a free new out of the box replacement for evercrashing TP1). I'm not a techie or gearhead to say the least, so I don't want to mess with this thing too much. I was too scared to flash a custom ROM, so I've been guilty of 6.5 envy for months. LOL I've got the basics, so once I get 16 quicklinks and a good battery manager, I'm all set. My phone isn't too banged up at all. I used a screen protector and it's only suffered three falls with very minor remnants on the surface. However, one of those falls occured in the snow without my knowledge for about five minutes, so I need not say more about the "beautiful bright color" on my moisture sensors. LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi, Welcome to the site!

here is something I found on Pocketnow.com. the article says you can add this sense tab for call history. I haven't personally tried it but it may be worth giving it a go. good luck.

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ad...tc-sense-25-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
Has anyone tried this? I miss the missed call and call history on the home screen...
I have and it works just fine.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lpi408 is a n00b

Recommendation for those still having problems with this rom update and syncing your contacts with Outlook.

To recap I have been having a BIG problem with this updated rom, any time I sync my phone with outlook 2007 or edit a contact on my phone my phone will freeze/ locks-up forcing me to soft reset. After spending many countless hours of trying to come up with a solution I have come to the conclusion that that there is something about my phone that this rom does not like. And that is when I decided to try for the first time SPB Mobile Shell and I must say “I LOVE IT”, as a matter of fact I am thankful that HTC’s shell w/sense 2.5 was causing such a problem on my phone because it gave me the opportunity to try SPB’s mobile shell. In my opinion, I think SPB if a far superior shell once you customize it to your liking. I am able to sync all my contact without any problem, and I also noticed that SPB does a better job managing my available free memory.

Pros.
1. Very customizable, much more so than HTC’s shell w/sense 2.5.
2. Very fast and user friendly interface: I feel I am able to operate and navigate my phone much more efficiently and quickly vs. HTC’s shell w/ sense 2.5. Having 2 profiles, a Professional profile and a Lifestyle profile, is especially useful; having both profiles enabled at the same time is my favorite feature.
3. Great memory utilization- at start-up I have 102 megs free and after a full days use I never go below 78 megs free vs. HTC sense 92 at start-up and I am very quickly down to 50 megs free with a little use.
4. Absolutely love how smart and well thought-out this program is, I love the Google search bar widget, and the birthday widget should keep me from forgetting those important birthdays and anniversaries, and hopefully keep me out of trouble.
5. I no longer have problems syncing to Outlook, nor have I had a single lockup using SPB mobile shell.
6. Free to try for 15 days, and easy to uninstall should you decide it is not for you. The cost is only $30 which I think is very reasonable for anyone who places any value on their time, after spending a full weekend trying unsuccessfully to get my phone to sync using HTC’s shell w/ sense 2.5, this is the best $30 I have spent in a longtime.

Cons
1. Customizing your phone becomes very addicting.
2. No widget for monitoring stocks.
3. Weather widget is not animated but does give more weather information. The weather widget cannot monitor more than 1 city’s weather at a time.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

So it will work on my Sprint Touch Pro 2? I clicked on the link but I don't actually see the cab, http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ad...tc-sense-25-21

I don't know which one I am suppose to get.. I just want the call histroy on my home screen.. Thanks, Rose

Attached FilesUzeb CallHistory Tab Sense 2.5 WVGA(Non ManilaTV user).cab (492.1 KB, 1542 views)Uzeb Sense2.5 StartMenu(Call history user).cab (166.8 KB, 872 views)Uzeb Sense2.5 StartMenu.cab (166.2 KB, 856 views)VK_Ext package CallHistoryTab(non manilaTV)26948339_manila inside read post4 .zip (51.0 KB, 264 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I have and it works just fine.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 03-27-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

this is a lot better than the stock sprint ROM: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115405

Last edited by chino331; 03-27-2010 at 11:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development