PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|WWE|BharS|23549|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5 w/Facebook|BLK|XDA_UC|25MAR|FULL|LITE|V4.1

i didnt know that u were gonna experiment with cfc compression or i would have tried the mode 9 dll patch.I remember that i asked about cfc compression a while back when the rom was still in early beta stages and u said u werent gonna try it yet.Im glad u did tho.I dont know if that has anything to do with the lower slider being quite a bit faster now or not.But the lower slider has virtually no lag to it at all on the 4.1 build.Im reflashing from 4 to 4.1 again and im gonna try out the cab u posted earlier to enable maxmanila.The first time i flashed the 4.1 build i didnt think that it was much different than the 4 build until i flashed back to the 4.0 build.The biggest thing i noticed was that there was no more lag at all with the slider and the really nice looking dialer.I also noticed that it seemed like internet pages tended to load faster over the EVDO connection.The wifi speed still seemed the same as before,but the wifi speed has always been very fast with this rom on my TP2.Thanks for the cab to enable maxmanila.It will be easier for most to install the new patched cab u made than it will for the rest to copy and paste install the mode 9dll patch in windows.Thankls again for the cab.And for looking into why maxmanila wouldnt function with the 4.1 rom.The user support for this rom has been excellent as well.Thats another reason that this rom has become my new everyday rom for the past 3 weeks or so and the updates just keep getting better.Although i think that even the lite rom should still include Microsofts MyPhone.and not PIM backup.alot of people use MyPhone simply because it requires no storage card and its on virtually every rom so its a good contacts installer. But thats not hard to fix.U can always install the latest version of MyPhone from Marketplace.So no big deal.Still the only real negative thing about this rom for me is that both Advance Configurator and HD Tweak have settings that if i alter them it will break my phone so that during a phone call i cant hear anyone and they cant hear me.So i just leave about %90 of those settings alone because in their default settings the rom runs just fine.Its only when i start to alter some settings that it affects my device.But i still love the rom.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|WWE|BharS|23549|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5 w/Facebook|BLK|XDA_UC|25MAR|FULL|LITE|V4.1

Can I make a suggestion lbcary?

Using "paragraphs" will make your posts alot easier to read.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc28 View Post
any mms fix for verizon
I dont have Verizon! And I honestly dont know whats broken to fix. If you want to give me a detailed explanation, it will be real helpful. I will see what I can do to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
i didnt know that u were gonna experiment with cfc compression or i would have tried the mode 9 dll patch.I remember that i asked about cfc compression a while back when the rom was still in early beta stages and u said u werent gonna try it yet.Im glad u did tho.I dont know if that has anything to do with the lower slider being quite a bit faster now or not.But the lower slider has virtually no lag to it at all on the 4.1 build.Im reflashing from 4 to 4.1 again and im gonna try out the cab u posted earlier to enable maxmanila.The first time i flashed the 4.1 build i didnt think that it was much different than the 4 build until i flashed back to the 4.0 build.The biggest thing i noticed was that there was no more lag at all with the slider and the really nice looking dialer.I also noticed that it seemed like internet pages tended to load faster over the EVDO connection.The wifi speed still seemed the same as before,but the wifi speed has always been very fast with this rom on my TP2.Thanks for the cab to enable maxmanila.It will be easier for most to install the new patched cab u made than it will for the rest to copy and paste install the mode 9dll patch in windows.Thankls again for the cab.And for looking into why maxmanila wouldnt function with the 4.1 rom.The user support for this rom has been excellent as well.Thats another reason that this rom has become my new everyday rom for the past 3 weeks or so and the updates just keep getting better.Although i think that even the lite rom should still include Microsofts MyPhone.and not PIM backup.alot of people use MyPhone simply because it requires no storage card and its on virtually every rom so its a good contacts installer. But thats not hard to fix.U can always install the latest version of MyPhone from Marketplace.So no big deal.Still the only real negative thing about this rom for me is that both Advance Configurator and HD Tweak have settings that if i alter them it will break my phone so that during a phone call i cant hear anyone and they cant hear me.So i just leave about %90 of those settings alone because in their default settings the rom runs just fine.Its only when i start to alter some settings that it affects my device.But i still love the rom.
I am glad CFC makes a difference for you. I didnt think it made that much of a difference. But indeed 4.1 is a lot faster than 4.0. So I guess I am sticking with CFC version for now!

I will add myphone in all my ROMs moving forward. I dont think I am going to make anymore LITE ROM. I dont think there is much support for them.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
lbcary

i reflashed 4.1 again and this time put the mode 9dll file in windows and then reinstalled maxmanila 3.0 and everything worked great.I also tried the cab u made and that works excellent and makes enabling maxmanila on cfc compressed roms easy.Thanks for making the cab.Its gonna be a big help on this rom as well as many others i think.Right now im using the cab instead of placing the Mode 9dll file in windows.Its just alot easier and does everything necessary for u to install maxmanilla again.The only negative thing ive found so far and i guess its not really anything negative but my icon on the top taskbar always shows that the data connection is on even when i know its off.Ive tried a hard-reset and that didnt work and then i even reflashed 4.1 again and that didnt work either and the only different cab that im using is the Bhars enable maxmanila cab and the Bhars enable EV icon cab.everything else is identical to the settings ive been using since the beta builds with never any problems.Other than the icon the rom is great.thanks again for another great rom.the new 4.1 rom is my new everyday rom,especialy now that we can use maxmanila with it now.Keep up the great work and i cant wait to see what comes next.Also so far as long as i dont change too many settings in HDTweak or Adance Configurations the rom is a rock on the Cricket Network,plus the default settings are pretty good already.The default settings are about %90 the way id set them up anyway.But changing some of the settings still breaks my phone during a call,i cant hear them and they cant hear me.So i just leav almost all of the settings in their default positions and everythings works great.But those 2 programs/apps have always given me problems on virtually every rom if certain settings are altered in them.So i dont expect any different now.Great rom tho.Thanks again.

Last edited by lbcary; 03-28-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
lbcary

the first couple times i flashed 4.1 i did it from the sd-card and the top icon always shows that the data connection is on even when its off.So i think that its probably a bad flash/sd-card, because nobody else is having the same problem so im going to reflash 4.1 from my laptop and see if that makes a difference with the icon?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
the first couple times i flashed 4.1 i did it from the sd-card and the top icon always shows that the data connection is on even when its off.So i think that its probably a bad flash/sd-card, because nobody else is having the same problem so im going to reflash 4.1 from my laptop and see if that makes a difference with the icon?
Data connection is actually off. It is the same way for me too. I think it looks like it is on icon wise, after I made that tweak for slide to answer!

So dont worry, it all just fine!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

tsc2008 is a n00b

AMAZING ROM!! Only thing is I cant connect to my data network no matter what i try. Im with Telus...Please help going on a plane tomorrow 6am...need my little guy.

Last edited by tsc2008; 03-28-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ai, thanks for the rom.

i've tested this and here's some recommendations.

remove: windows taskbar dropdown permanantly.
remove: xperia task manager

use: Arkswitch 1.1.4 as task manager
use: ninjaduck finger friendly bootloader icon instead of enterboot
update: htcaddicts cleanram to v2.1

sprint official rom has the phonepad keyboard icon in the middle fixed. perhaps you can look up the necessary files to fix the graphic issue for the keypad icon in the phone screen

also witness sleep of death issue once

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

Last edited by twe90kid; 03-28-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsc2008 View Post
AMAZING ROM!! Only thing is I cant connect to my data network no matter what i try. Im with Telus...Please help going on a plane tomorrow 6am...need my little guy.
Try the attached CAB, and see if it fixes it.

Download

Also, someone was asking for Verizon MMS fix, try the cab below, and see if it works.

Download

@lbcary - post your cab for cricket settings, and I will include it in my next version!

Last edited by ai6908; 03-28-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

tsc2008 is a n00b

I appreciate your help...but it would'nt install. It gave met the following message "try to install to a new location".....please advise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development