PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <BharS> 5.2.23132 | PROJ_BS | CRUSADER |TI|SENSE|2018| UC_ NET | 22-AUG </BharS>

I think this rom is the one I've been looking for for a long time!! Great work

one question: I used to use OC_Auto4.2 script to overclock using the msm7kcpu app but I cant seem to get it to work on this rom. I make my settings, then place the shortcut in the startup folder but it just stays at 604

does this have to do with it being cooked in rather than added on after? Has anyone else gotten it to work?

thanks

EDIT: Actually it looks like it stuck this time at 710 like I set it, but on other roms it read 710.4, strange lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: <BharS> 5.2.23132 | PROJ_BS | CRUSADER |TI|SENSE|2018| UC_ NET | 22-AUG </BharS>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
I think this rom is the one I've been looking for for a long time!! Great work

one question: I used to use OC_Auto4.2 script to overclock using the msm7kcpu app but I cant seem to get it to work on this rom. I make my settings, then place the shortcut in the startup folder but it just stays at 604

does this have to do with it being cooked in rather than added on after? Has anyone else gotten it to work?

thanks

EDIT: Actually it looks like it stuck this time at 710 like I set it, but on other roms it read 710.4, strange lol
I dont use OC. But I dont have msm7kcpuspeed cooked in default folder either. Maybe that can cause an issue...sorry never did play with it to figure out.

If you can set it correct, then try installing msm7kcpuspeed cab as it is from the author, and then run OC, see if it works. But looks like it works now, so mess with it, if it messes up again...makes sense?? lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
I dont use OC. But I dont have msm7kcpuspeed cooked in default folder either. Maybe that can cause an issue...sorry never did play with it to figure out.

If you can set it correct, then try installing msm7kcpuspeed cab as it is from the author, and then run OC, see if it works. But looks like it works now, so mess with it, if it messes up again...makes sense?? lol
yes I figured it out now. And its funny because what you said is exactly what I had did to make it work, I took a look at the script last night and found that it directs to the default install location (device) so all you need to do is install the cab first and then it will work. It seems to enable safe mode no matter what but no worries just give it a minute or so and it will go to the speed you set

Other than that only issue I have now is the scrolling in the twitter tab, not a big deal though as its still usable

again thanks for all the hard work, love this rom!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
yes I figured it out now. And its funny because what you said is exactly what I had did to make it work, I took a look at the script last night and found that it directs to the default install location (device) so all you need to do is install the cab first and then it will work. It seems to enable safe mode no matter what but no worries just give it a minute or so and it will go to the speed you set

Other than that only issue I have now is the scrolling in the twitter tab, not a big deal though as its still usable

again thanks for all the hard work, love this rom!
I probably should consider cooking in the cpuspeed in its default path. I guess I will work on correcting that in the next release...

Man havent cooked for more than 5 days now...been a lot busy....
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

I am not sure totally of what I did, however, the Manilla Music Tab on my device doesn`t rotate anymore. Can someone please help figure out how to re-enable the Sense Music Tab rotation feature? Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hmm so now that I got to testing a little more, turns out all of the scrolling in manila is acting funny, like on the twitter tab when it updates I cant scroll up to see the new tweets because once I take my finger off it snaps back down to where it was. Same with text messages on the contact card

Im gonna try a hard reset and see if it still does this. Anyone else ever experience this?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
hmm so now that I got to testing a little more, turns out all of the scrolling in manila is acting funny, like on the twitter tab when it updates I cant scroll up to see the new tweets because once I take my finger off it snaps back down to where it was. Same with text messages on the contact card

Im gonna try a hard reset and see if it still does this. Anyone else ever experience this?
The twitter thing is an issue with Sense 2018, you have to go back to the home tab then go to Twitter and it fixes itself. I didn't notice the text message issue when I was running this ROM, I've been on a flashing tear this week. It's a nice ROM, but I'm looking for something more cleaner.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
I am not sure totally of what I did, however, the Manilla Music Tab on my device doesn`t rotate anymore. Can someone please help figure out how to re-enable the Sense Music Tab rotation feature? Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
I am sure i had that option enabled. But I will check it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
It's a nice ROM, but I'm looking for something more cleaner.
Define "more cleaner" please.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
It's a nice ROM, but I'm looking for something more cleaner.
I am not sure what you mean by more cleaner, but trust me my friend when I tell you it doesn`t get any better than this one especially the Crusader series. The pre-installed software are really among the very basics anyone will use in a ROM.
I am speaking from experience when I tell you this ROM is the most stable, has the longest Battery Life in the WM6.5.x ROM Versions cause I have tried every single rom on this Forum and this one is exactly what I have been searching for in a Custom ROM. I have tried them all and haven`t come across anything remotely better than this.

Last edited by gabbythe1; 08-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Define "more cleaner" please.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed your ROM, I flashed both this and the last crusader versions. When I say "clean" I mean I don't use a lot of apps outside of Opera mini, Fim, SprintNav, and Google maps. I love the Oboe lock screen, but everything else I have very little use for. I didn't run into any problems outside of the twitter issue, Which isn't your fault and it's one of the better TP2 ROMs here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development