PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Does anyone have animated boot screen's that will work with this rom? I have tried several of these-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587867
and none of them work for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

ok...i've seen people askin about the boot animation that is disabled on this rom. a few chefs disable it to shave a few seconds off the boot time. so, all you have to do is install this cab to get it back. the cab installs the default htc boot animation. it also enables the shutdown animation. then you can change the bootsplash.gif in the windows folder to whatever you want. cheers
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1258044303

i did not make this cab. just found it with a search and tested it on this rom. i got the cab from here

Last edited by razorloves; 06-05-2010 at 04:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:16 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
I hit thanks to you guys for helping gti151 out.
no need but thanx back at ya, love helping.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm not sure what the issues are with the SOD's, because there's a number of us on here that have been running these ROM's since day one including all the betas, etc, and none of us are having the issues. Maybe try just reflashing and running only necessary cabs, i.e. provisioning, arcsoft and what is absolutely required for you to function for a couple of days (NOT Chuck Norris facts, lol) and see what happens. Nothing jumped out at the list of cabs posted, but something is funky with the phones. Hopefully running it truly barebones for a couple of days will help determine if it's hardware issues, because it's not the ROM itself, it's either hardware or something you're loading up unfortunately.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

coolcarguy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I'm not sure what the issues are with the SOD's, because there's a number of us on here that have been running these ROM's since day one including all the betas, etc, and none of us are having the issues. Maybe try just reflashing and running only necessary cabs, i.e. provisioning, arcsoft and what is absolutely required for you to function for a couple of days (NOT Chuck Norris facts, lol) and see what happens. Nothing jumped out at the list of cabs posted, but something is funky with the phones. Hopefully running it truly barebones for a couple of days will help determine if it's hardware issues, because it's not the ROM itself, it's either hardware or something you're loading up unfortunately.
I have to agree with fish on this one. I ran the 4-xx-10 and now this rom with no problems at all with it. It has been the best rom I have used. I get great battery life with it and runs very smooth with CHT. The only thing i have is sometimes the min. on the flip clock sticks, but for that I just tab over to something else and tab back to the home screen and all is fine then.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcarguy1 View Post
I have to agree with fish on this one. I ran the 4-xx-10 and now this rom with no problems at all with it. It has been the best rom I have used. I get great battery life with it and runs very smooth with CHT. The only thing i have is sometimes the min. on the flip clock sticks, but for that I just tab over to something else and tab back to the home screen and all is fine then.
I believe it is, in fact, a ROM issue. I ran Mr.X's 4-22 ROM for over a month and never had a single SOD. Now I am running the 5-26 build, with the EXACT same cabs, flashed in the exact same way, and I get one SOD every 8-10 hours. The battery life on this ROM is great, but other than that, the 4-22 build was more bug-free for most people from what i can see.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I believe it is, in fact, a ROM issue. I ran Mr.X's 4-22 ROM for over a month and never had a single SOD. Now I am running the 5-26 build, with the EXACT same cabs, flashed in the exact same way, and I get one SOD every 8-10 hours. The battery life on this ROM is great, but other than that, the 4-22 build was more bug-free for most people from what i can see.
but most of us are not having issues, i had rom on old hspl for long time and now its on new hspl and still no issues and ive got more games on ppc than most people have apps, i even watched a 700mb movie on it to see if i could choke the rom or cause a issue and still cant. ive had slacker/wmp/opera and other apps open at once but still nothing. ill bet both my nutz its something other than the rom.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
but most of us are not having issues, i had rom on old hspl for long time and now its on new hspl and still no issues and ive got more games on ppc than most people have apps, i even watched a 700mb movie on it to see if i could choke the rom or cause a issue and still cant. ive had slacker/wmp/opera and other apps open at once but still nothing. ill bet both my nutz its something other than the rom.
I don't even have to do anything to choke the ROM Darren. I'll just be texting someone (nothing but SMS open), send a message, press the backlight button, and then it will go into SOD and won't wake back up. But I can't replicate it on command, so I can't determine what exactly causes it.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I don't even have to do anything to choke the ROM Darren. I'll just be texting someone (nothing but SMS open), send a message, press the backlight button, and then it will go into SOD and won't wake back up. But I can't replicate it on command, so I can't determine what exactly causes it.
re-flash and don't install any cabs...see how it runs...then install one by one and run it for a few with each cab to narrow it down...
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
re-flash and don't install any cabs...see how it runs...then install one by one and run it for a few with each cab to narrow it down...
yep, there ya go. hes got a issue somewhere. you go steve.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development