PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

I just flashed to this rom and whenever my screen turns off it wont turn back on unless I soft reset my phone by hitting the red button. any ideas?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmc View Post
Hi! i have had an issue with mrx rom for a while, i dont remember what version i first had it in, but if a data conntion isnt active, almost any program (like midomi and remote desktop) can NOT activate it and a error results.

i notice that the data icon flashes for a moment but then goes away, i had this same issue with mightyrom after i installed some sort of power/data connection management program, but i just uninstalled it and i was fine

any ideas?

thanks for any help, i love this rom and im close to just dealing with this issue and activating my data connection manually each time i want to do something
What tweaks do you have loaded? any data cabs/tweaks? It's something you've loaded up, there was a bunch of beta testing done and no one is complaining about any issues like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
What do most people with Mr. X use to free up some ram? Ram Sweep or Clean Ram? or maybe something I'm not framiliar with. I'm currently using Ram Sweep and I just don't think it is doing what it say's it is, I'll use it and free up 11 meg, but Ram percentage doesn't drop... Thanks
I had memmaid and cleanram loaded, but don't use them, haven't needed to to be honest with you. If you're concerned about just numbers, don't sweat it, it's the system caching memory. I have mine showing as high as 86% and can't get it to slow down running palringo w/ multiple chats open, sirius streaming, the calculator, texts/pics coming and going and e-mail, and it doesn't lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
I just flashed to this rom and whenever my screen turns off it wont turn back on unless I soft reset my phone by hitting the red button. any ideas?
What have you got loaded? If you can list them we'll take a look at what may be the culprit, cuz I've been on this version since it's beta release and I've never had it happen, and no one else is complaining about it, so I'm gonna say it's something loaded on ur phone.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
What have you got loaded? If you can list them we'll take a look at what may be the culprit, cuz I've been on this version since it's beta release and I've never had it happen, and no one else is complaining about it, so I'm gonna say it's something loaded on ur phone.
nothing but the rom. I have loaded Juicys rom and it had done the same thing, but I had an older version of Juicys rom from months ago and it never did it. but after I flashed to this rom last week sometime it had been doing it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
nothing but the rom. I have loaded Juicys rom and it had done the same thing, but I had an older version of Juicys rom from months ago and it never did it. but after I flashed to this rom last week sometime it had been doing it.
I've never had it happen to me. Make sure you're on the most recent HSPL and maybe try doing the flash dance (flash stock, hard reset, flash X's latest and hard reset). I'm on sprint and it doesn't happen to me, so if those don't fix it, I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else will chime in with recommendations, but you've got nothing to lose if you have nothing else loaded up at this time. Give it a shot and let us know what happens.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I've never had it happen to me. Make sure you're on the most recent HSPL and maybe try doing the flash dance (flash stock, hard reset, flash X's latest and hard reset). I'm on sprint and it doesn't happen to me, so if those don't fix it, I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else will chime in with recommendations, but you've got nothing to lose if you have nothing else loaded up at this time. Give it a shot and let us know what happens.
i'm sorry but how do you do a hard reset?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 PM
KrisK91

I just flashed back to stock and my screen still does not turn back on unless I reset my phone.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work

Anyone get Album problem's on this new rom? I keep getting error,"Albums, unable to open this type of JPG file" It's one of the wallpaper's I got from Santod's WVGA pack. Are there multiple types of JPG files?

EDIT: When I tried to post picture for other's to try I got "GIF has incorrect file extension" but when I look at properties from the computer it say's JPG....this mean file is corrupt?

Last edited by Srt4inSC; 04-26-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i'm sorry but how do you do a hard reset?
HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Soft reset

Resetting Your Device

Performing a soft reset

Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.

To perform a soft reset

1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Remove the back cover.
3. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel.
Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
4. Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.

HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium hard reset

Performing a hard reset

If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your device, and only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.

Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.

Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the operating system. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.

To perform a Touch Pro 2 hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Using Clear Storage
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings, and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Nice find on the dialers....looks like PhoneEx is going back on my phone....lol
Hi Darren,

Will you be kind enough to cab the dialers?

It is cool to look at them but if you don't know how to install them, and believe me I read almost every page before I ask.

Thank you!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Hi Darren,

Will you be kind enough to cab the dialers?

It is cool to look at them but if you don't know how to install them, and believe me I read almost every page before I ask.

Thank you!
bro its one file. lol
do you have phonex on ppc?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development