PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite96 View Post
just upgraded yesterday from the April Mr.X rom,
strangely the device keeps automatically reset + hard resetting randomly after I get everything setup! This has happened 3-4 times already and I tried reflashing from scratch too. I have a feeling there's a hardware issue on my end since nobody else seems to have had this problem.
stuff installed: g-alarm 2.6, bing
Try running Task 29 then re-flashing. I *bet* you it will fix it.

I'm not sure why others are recommending to not run Task 29.

Once upon a time in the MightyRom thread, MightyMike himself was made a believer.... (using a stock rom to do the "flash dance")
Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

AcousticBruce is a n00b

Ok I will turn on a screen lock and let you know how it is doing... thanks.

Here is what I do to text.
. Slide open keyboard and start typing the name of who I want to text.
Then i click the little icon and then i go into the menu with the threaded text. This just seems to be cumbersome to get to a THREADED text screen.

Here is what i run into or I think would be nice.
--When i slide open the screen and type right away.. sometimes it misses the first letter or two (most likely because landscape is loading) so I will type "reachal" and it will pick up "achal"
--The sense menu at the bottom with the threaded text is hidden in landscape. Is there a way to make it show permanently?
-- Sometimes in the process just after typing their name and when I try to push the icon down, i accidentally call them instead and it always seems to go through even though i am hitting the hang up button.
-I would also like it to go to the threaded msg area always. There seems to be 2 different text programs.. One is threaded the other is a new msg with their number automatically at the top. I really the icon to go to the threaded area... is this possible?

Again Mr. X I love and appreciate your ROM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
yes it should work for mms also....but I thought you wanted it through sense....btw looked a bit and found nothing so far...it may not be a regedit...
I do want it through sense, I was just using mms to specify, I will try that cab tonight and see how I like it
Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post

Once upon a time in the MightyRom thread, MightyMike himself was made a believer.... (using a stock rom to do the "flash dance")
I hear you on the flash29 confusion- I bet I could point to 100 posts with the suggestion of 'flash29 idiot'. It sounds to me like you may have a bad/old version of the hpsl unlocker. I'd check that you have the latest. Stickied on front page of TP2 forum I think.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
I hear you on the flash29 confusion- I bet I could point to 100 posts with the suggestion of 'flash29 idiot'. It sounds to me like you may have a bad/old version of the hpsl unlocker. I'd check that you have the latest. Stickied on front page of TP2 forum I think.
I'm not telling you don't do it, I've recommended it to many and I'm sure Darren, Flyers and Psycho have also. I'm telling you I don't do it, have never done it (but I have the task29 that Ziggy fixed up on my phone and pc), just haven't had a need to do it. If I was having issues like others, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but it's never been needed for me. I think it's another great tool to have in our arsenal of tools, to be used when needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I'm not telling you don't do it, I've recommended it to many and I'm sure Darren, Flyers and Psycho have also. I'm telling you I don't do it, have never done it (but I have the task29 that Ziggy fixed up on my phone and pc), just haven't had a need to do it. If I was having issues like others, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but it's never been needed for me. I think it's another great tool to have in our arsenal of tools, to be used when needed.
Fishing, Darren, Flyers and the Psycho know their stuff- if I gave any other impression, it was unintentional. General consensus usually is: if it's happening to X's ROM, and he hasn't fixed it within a day of release- it's either a bad flash (hpsl unlocker or bad download), leftover sh*t from a previous rom, (and flash29 can take care of that) or user error/installed crap.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Lurker

mstrom62 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mstrom62

Wow so many great roms coming out. you guys are the bomb. Just flashing Mr X rom, can't wait to try it. I hope it's faster, the latency of aqll the sprint crap really sucks.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

cnoevl21 is keeping up the good workcnoevl21 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
Ok I will turn on a screen lock and let you know how it is doing... thanks.

Here is what I do to text.
. Slide open keyboard and start typing the name of who I want to text.
Then i click the little icon and then i go into the menu with the threaded text. This just seems to be cumbersome to get to a THREADED text screen.

Here is what i run into or I think would be nice.
--When i slide open the screen and type right away.. sometimes it misses the first letter or two (most likely because landscape is loading) so I will type "reachal" and it will pick up "achal"
--The sense menu at the bottom with the threaded text is hidden in landscape. Is there a way to make it show permanently?
-- Sometimes in the process just after typing their name and when I try to push the icon down, i accidentally call them instead and it always seems to go through even though i am hitting the hang up button.
-I would also like it to go to the threaded msg area always. There seems to be 2 different text programs.. One is threaded the other is a new msg with their number automatically at the top. I really the icon to go to the threaded area... is this possible?

Again Mr. X I love and appreciate your ROM.
yea there are multiple text programs, and yes it is very annoying. here is what i do...first, I have cht set up, i have a text icon on my home page which goes directly to the threaded sms. also, i have an entire page of cht set up to be shortcuts to the main ppl i text, that way its just one tap and ur sending them a msg. hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrom62 View Post
Wow so many great roms coming out. you guys are the bomb. Just flashing Mr X rom, can't wait to try it. I hope it's faster, the latency of aqll the sprint crap really sucks.
nice to see a new x user, you will be happy.

as for task29, i dont use it till i have a issue that isnt my mistake. ive used task29 one time and it worked perfect but i and others dont use it till we have a problem and i dont do all the crazy shit some of you do before i flash. if it aint broke i dont fix it.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

X Rom will see an update today

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 15 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development