PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

gti151 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gti151 Send a message via MSN to gti151 Send a message via Yahoo to gti151
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Can anyone recommend their favorite text-to-speech app? In WA they're cracking down on texting and driving and i'm interested in something like TellMe or something like that where I can basically dictate a text message.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

cnoevl21 is keeping up the good workcnoevl21 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti151 View Post
Can anyone recommend their favorite text-to-speech app? In WA they're cracking down on texting and driving and i'm interested in something like TellMe or something like that where I can basically dictate a text message.

Thanks!
TellMe is the only one i know of and i use it, works well. its kinda slow going, but gets the job done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti151 View Post

Thanks!
did you use tellme?
Attached Files
File Type: cab TellmeSamsungIntrepid3515.cab (1.64 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
did you use tellme?
Thanks bro.....I've never used this before - does it work well? Hit "Thanks" to ya

Last edited by B5Z; 06-08-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Thanks bro.....I've never used this before - does it work well? Hit "Thanks"
yep, gets funky at times.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

brandon.towey is a n00b
Weird Behavior After Customizing

I did a search and couldn't find anything that seems to be what I'm experiencing. Basically, I've just had my phone erase all my customizations. Here's what it did:

- Enabled TouchFlo when I had Titanium going.
- Changed my background picture back to the Mr. X default.
- Disabled all my custom Titanium panels and re-enabled the default ones, which I found out when I went back to Titanium.
- Changed back all the Start Menu icons I had replaced.
- Kept all my files intact, including installed programs.
- Had to run provisioning again, wouldn't connect to data otherwise.

This kind of happened before but it only changed all my icon replacements back to default. This time was much worse.

I used JWMD Icon Changer to replace the Start Menu icons.

I also went into the bronzeres.dll and replaced some icons the Titanium Notifications Panel calls on. I don't think that's it because the changed icons are still being displayed in the default Text, Email and Voicemail panels.

Does this ROM need the Start Menu icons to stay the same? It's the only thing I can think of because I've had all the other customizations for awhile and no problem like this. The icons and .dll editing are the only two new changes.

Any help with this is appreciated. I don't want to customize again just to have it reset on me. It takes way to long to do that.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 PM
acs tester

Re: Weird Behavior After Customizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.towey View Post
I did a search and couldn't find anything that seems to be what I'm experiencing. Basically, I've just had my phone erase all my customizations. Here's what it did:

- Disabled all my custom Titanium panels and re-enabled the default ones, which I found out when I went back to Titanium.

This kind of happened before but it only changed all my icon replacements back to default. This time was much worse.

I also went into the bronzeres.dll and replaced some icons the Titanium Notifications Panel calls on. I don't think that's it because the changed icons are still being displayed in the default Text, Email and Voicemail panels.

Does this ROM need the Start Menu icons to stay the same? It's the only thing I can think of because I've had all the other customizations for awhile and no problem like this. The icons and .dll editing are the only two new changes.

Any help with this is appreciated. I don't want to customize again just to have it reset on me. It takes way to long to do that.
my start menu icons/folders are all changed so thats not it.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.towey View Post

I had the same exact problem, I am thinking that it has to do with changing the background or perhaps changing the default settings of sense?

Last edited by proxhack; 06-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, didnt get it at first.
Figured I could get a wtf outta ya...man it grew quick....lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Thanks bro.....I've never used this before - does it work well? Hit "Thanks" to ya
as long as you use small sentences with small words it does ok....as darren said it gets funky sometimes...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

brandon.towey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
I had the same exact problem, I am thinking that it has to do with changing the background or perhaps changing the default settings of sense?
Sense and Titanium are two different interfaces(is Sense the new name for TouchFlo?). I haven't used Sense or changed any of it's settings. I'm gonna list my programs and customizations, maybe there's something in common that we can start to track down the issue(unless it's something to do with the ROM base code and not our add-ons). I really like this ROM and want to keep using it but I won't if it nut punches me at random times.

Here are mine:

WkTask\
SH4Y PIM Backup
SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy
TouchWatch2
SD TuneUp
Klaxon
Showaco StartMenu
Foxit
FdcSoft Task Manager
Audio Para Boost 2
NoPushInternet
Resco Explorer/Registry/FTP Add-In
iMulator
TitaniumWeather
CHome Editor
Titanium Notification Panel
CComm
CleanRAM
Titanium System Panel
JWMD Icon Changer
Taskanium
CSchedule
SomeGuy sMMS
Purians XROM Folders
Sprint Provisioning
SEVEN Email Client
Custom Background, random picture from the internet
Changed to GTX Metro Black Icons
Replaced some icons in the bronzeres.dll, still active because they're being displayed

I honestly can't think of anything else except what I mentioned in the other post. Anyone else have this problem.

Also, can someone point me to where the Start exe is located? I need to put it into WkTask so it doesn't permanently close it, making me soft reset. Tried the hide on task list and don't close with X but sometimes it still does it. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development