PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
I got a buddy that I convinced to buy a touch pro 2, then convinced him to do the Hard SPL and run with Mr. X and he loves it. I then introduced him to the forum and he was poking around and found Max Manila, I wanted to help him hook it up but I don't know how you get it to work on this ROM. we are both currently running 3-5, awaiting the 4-xx release. I have seen people here mention it but I'm not sure how, this has manila 2.5.2012 right? and Max manila 3 only supports 2011? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Download Max Manila from here.

Download the patched mode9.dll here.

Install Max Manila, disable Manila, copy over the patched mode9.dll, restart Manila. You might have to soft reset, don't know, I use co0kies HomeTab myself.

EDIT: Sorry Fish, guess I can type better today. lol

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

Last edited by ziggy471; 04-21-2010 at 11:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
I got a buddy that I convinced to buy a touch pro 2, then convinced him to do the Hard SPL and run with Mr. X and he loves it. I then introduced him to the forum and he was poking around and found Max Manila, I wanted to help him hook it up but I don't know how you get it to work on this ROM. we are both currently running 3-5, awaiting the 4-xx release. I have seen people here mention it but I'm not sure how, this has manila 2.5.2012 right? and Max manila 3 only supports 2011? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Here's some info posted earlier in the thread for Max Manila. I personally use Cookie so can't offer assistance on Max, but these guys are using it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4570

Edit: Ziggy beat me to it!

Last edited by fishingmedic; 04-21-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Ziggy's to damn fast...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Chalk up another exchange issue. I've flashed Mighty pretty regularly and a couple others, but this is the first time I've ever not been able to sync exchange. Could be coincidence and maybe IT is having some trouble right now who knows. I'll try redoing the account, waiting a bit, etc.

EDIT: I just caught that this is using Office 2010, I'll poke around.
Welp I can't seem to be able to download the cert via OWA, the button remains greyed out. I'd keep trying to figure this out but I need to get my phone back up and running for work, so I'll hit up another ROM for now. Sorry, it did look pretty good.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Here's some info posted earlier in the thread for Max Manila. I personally use Cookie so can't offer assistance on Max, but these guys are using it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4570

Edit: Ziggy beat me to it!
lol j/k
Old 04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Welp I can't seem to be able to download the cert via OWA, the button remains greyed out. I'd keep trying to figure this out but I need to get my phone back up and running for work, so I'll hit up another ROM for now. Sorry, it did look pretty good.
Old Pueblo, I don't use exchange, but I do know that there will be some exchange fix in the new ROM when it drops. Search around XDA, I believe that is where a user found a fix for his exchange issues on the early April build from X.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Old Pueblo, I don't use exchange, but I do know that there will be some exchange fix in the new ROM when it drops. Search around XDA, I believe that is where a user found a fix for his exchange issues on the early April build from X.
Thanks, will do.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Chalk up another exchange issue. I've flashed Mighty pretty regularly and a couple others, but this is the first time I've ever not been able to sync exchange. Could be coincidence and maybe IT is having some trouble right now who knows. I'll try redoing the account, waiting a bit, etc.

OldPueblo,

I use this ROM and a few others, and have always been able to sync to Exchange. My firm is still using Exchange 2003 though. Here is how I set it up:

1.) Select Mail from the sense tabs, then Add Account
2.) Select Outlook as the type
3.) Enter my email address (full address) and password. Press NEXT.
4.) After a few seconds, I will get the same screen back, as it needs me to put in my domain and the server address. To add the domain, you need to erase everything from the @ sign on in your email address. You can then add the domain name and your owa.x.com server address. Press NEXT.
5.) Select the things you want to sync. Press Done, IIRC.

Note that you can accomplish the same thing using Manual Configuration, but this is actually faster for me.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
OldPueblo,

I use this ROM and a few others, and have always been able to sync to Exchange. My firm is still using Exchange 2003 though. Here is how I set it up:

1.) Select Mail from the sense tabs, then Add Account
2.) Select Outlook as the type
3.) Enter my email address (full address) and password. Press NEXT.
4.) After a few seconds, I will get the same screen back, as it needs me to put in my domain and the server address. To add the domain, you need to erase everything from the @ sign on in your email address. You can then add the domain name and your owa.x.com server address. Press NEXT.
5.) Select the things you want to sync. Press Done, IIRC.

Note that you can accomplish the same thing using Manual Configuration, but this is actually faster for me.
Thanks but it's something above and beyond general configuration. I always do manual because I like to sync a month's worth of e-mail. I've flashed so many ROMs by now and sync'd without issue, but this is the first one I've done with office 2010 so it's likely the cert issue I guess. I was able to download the cert finally (had to launch IE as an admin) but it still didn't seem to work. I'll see what else I can find.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I've flashed several different 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs and most of them sync ok with my corp exchange server. However, this ROM and the original Sprint 6.1 ROM would not sync without a patch that my IT department gave me. I just happened to have the patch from when I originally purchased my TP2 and tried it with the MR.X ROM when I couldn't sync with exchange. After installing the patch, this ROM worked ok for me. Hope this helps!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
I've flashed several different 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs and most of them sync ok with my corp exchange server. However, this ROM and the original Sprint 6.1 ROM would not sync without a patch that my IT department gave me. I just happened to have the patch from when I originally purchased my TP2 and tried it with the MR.X ROM when I couldn't sync with exchange. After installing the patch, this ROM worked ok for me. Hope this helps!
Is this the kind of patch you can distribute or was it something specific like your companies certificate?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development