PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

flyinonice4 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-10-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

My phone suddenly stopped running sense 2.5 today. I had to disable it and start using just the normal today screen to get tasks done. Has anyone encountered a problem where sense stops working?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
My phone suddenly stopped running sense 2.5 today. I had to disable it and start using just the normal today screen to get tasks done. Has anyone encountered a problem where sense stops working?
No issues here.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbrav1518 View Post
LOL. Good one Young DC.

Do you have manila running when you watch videos?
of course. and don't say manila is a memory hog....

who the hell turns off manila to watch a video?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

atlbrav1518 is becoming a great contributor

wow...

Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young DC View Post
Anyone notice when you hit the end key it hangs up on people
lmao!?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Can't say I've had that problem. What else do you have loaded or did you do something to it just prior to the problem? Did it freeze or did sense just go away? any settings changed prior to the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post

I'm not turning off manila at all, but yes it is a mem hog. I'm running a bunch of apps and even youtube and WMP and haven't had an issue. Maybe try cleanram or the such prior to watching a movie.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Wow...
no need for all that.............
Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
keep in mind folks, that with the most recent rom, X tried a memory mapping technique that no other chef was even willing to touch it is so complex...
Quote:
yes I have. if i try to watch a video with coreplayer after normal usage, the video will stutter. once i soft reset the ph9one, the stutter goes away. so yes, it does affect performance.
not putting juggs work down, just curious if im alone. settle down.

what version of cp you using? i watch movies a ton on juggs rom and never once had a skip or slowdown. theres also settings in cp to adjust. where you getting flix and are they compressed and mp4?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

flyinonice4 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Can't say I've had that problem. What else do you have loaded or did you do something to it just prior to the problem? Did it freeze or did sense just go away? any settings changed prior to the issue?

I'm not turning off manila at all, but yes it is a mem hog. I'm running a bunch of apps and even youtube and WMP and haven't had an issue. Maybe try cleanram or the such prior to watching a movie.
I figured out the problem actually. I had too many emails that it was massive slowing down and subsequently refusing to let sense load on boot. One I remove my email account from my phone all was better. Now my question is this, is there a way to limit the amount of emails shown on the email tab for sense? I think that was the main problem. With SMS you only get the newest 25 which is nice. With email I had every single one of them on that tab. Is there a way to limit it to 25 on that tab like SMS. I dont know if that will help, but its worth asking.

I am going to try not having the tab at all and seeing if my email will make it lock up on boot. But for the sake of making things easy, itd be nice to be able to use that email tab.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I figured out the problem actually. I had too many emails that it was massive slowing down and subsequently refusing to let sense load on boot. One I remove my email account from my phone all was better. Now my question is this, is there a way to limit the amount of emails shown on the email tab for sense? I think that was the main problem. With SMS you only get the newest 25 which is nice. With email I had every single one of them on that tab. Is there a way to limit it to 25 on that tab like SMS. I dont know if that will help, but its worth asking.

I am going to try not having the tab at all and seeing if my email will make it lock up on boot. But for the sake of making things easy, itd be nice to be able to use that email tab.
Try changing your email settings. I have mine set to load only the current days e-mails, but you can make it 3 days if you need them or even more days. And just delete them unless you need to keep all of them on your phone. You can also change the size of the email/attachments. I've often had 99+ e-mails and never had it shut sense down, so play with the settings and see if that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development