PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [ROM] [02-12-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
see if one of these fixes you issue.

riley, isnt sktools a pay for app? i just got mine updated free today but bought the first copy.
Just fyi.....I have seen that a few people reported that the Zmark cab has been breaking sms all together after they run it...when I see this issue I just send my self a text or edit the reg manually...

oops forgot to post the regedit....HKCU\system\state\messages\sms\unread set Count to 0

Last edited by flyers2114; 02-15-2010 at 11:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Just fyi.....I have seen that a few people reported that the Zmark cab has been breaking sms all together after they run it...when I see this issue I just send my self a text or edit the reg manually...
thanx bro, its gone.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenofal View Post
Awesome ROM; runs nice and smooth...

My only problem is the unread SMS count in SenseUI. When I get a message and I open it or read it the counter will not reset but stays stuck at 1 unread message. Any ideas?

im assuming that you have installed the zaynee sms patch to disable HTC Messaging and that's what's causing it. if you go to the forum of that patch they talk about it and there is a fix but it never worked for me. this issue doesn't happen on all roms.. mainly the ones with manila 1922 and higher (( the fixunread count someone posted for you didn't work for me btw. if you somehow get it working let me know, and i'll keep you in mind if i figure something out but im kinda giving up on it lol. i disabled the notification light so it's not always blinking
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
im assuming that you have installed the zaynee sms patch to disable HTC Messaging and that's what's causing it. if you go to the forum of that patch they talk about it and there is a fix but it never worked for me. this issue doesn't happen on all roms.. mainly the ones with manila 1922 and higher (( the fixunread count someone posted for you didn't work for me btw. if you somehow get it working let me know, and i'll keep you in mind if i figure something out but im kinda giving up on it lol. i disabled the notification light so it's not always blinking
Use my regedit above....if that one does not do it...check all the other unread counts in the registry....they are all right there once you get to messages....

BTW you do not need any patch to disable HTC in this rom....just run the mms cab of your choice and you are good to go...I prefer 5.0.9.4 arc version...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

this app had htc message 1.09, but it does not have the hct messaging client (the one that takes over WM threaded sms) so no need to disable that one. ive just skinned the WM SMS client to look like htc message.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
see if this helps fixes you issue. if you dl'd the Zmark cab, dont use it.

riley, isnt sktools a pay for app? i just got mine updated free today but bought the first copy.
thanks, just in case I took it down but I pretty sure the link I added takes you to a freeware version. About half way down the page. Weird. thanks for looking out for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Smile Re: [ROM] [02-12-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Use my regedit above....if that one does not do it...check all the other unread counts in the registry....they are all right there once you get to messages....

BTW you do not need any patch to disable HTC in this rom....just run the mms cab of your choice and you are good to go...I prefer 5.0.9.4 arc version...
well with that reg edit it will never show new msg count if im not mistaken. i remember trying it a while back. im actually not using this rom, i was looking into it and going through the last few posts to see what was good. is the patch cooked in ? or is the HTC messaging client removed ? what about the HTC Sense messaging that u access from the people tab or when clicking on the msg from htc sense, does that work or is it disabled ?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Thumbs up Re: [ROM] [02-12-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
this app had htc message 1.09, but it does not have the hct messaging client (the one that takes over WM threaded sms) so no need to disable that one. ive just skinned the WM SMS client to look like htc message.
lol you post as i was typing my post lol so that answers my question about the HTC messaging. im curious to see the new threaded messaging skin. any screenshots ? if i want to revert back to the default skin is that doable ?
if im not mistaken by the manila number it's from the Topaz right, not the Leo ?

thanks again
downloading now
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

zenofal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
No, I haven't installed any patches. I haven't actually installed anything that alters messaging at all. It seems like I have to go in and manually edit that registry setting every time I get a message which is a tad annoying. Does anyone know what the FixUnreadCount.exe file does exactly?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Can anybody who has used SsS Rom R7 or R8.5 compare the two. Is this one any faster?

-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development