PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{21667|23557/63}{8/4}Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.5{Loaded/Baseline}Layout

Any updates formula?

Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Any updates formula?
Sorry for the disconnect, things have been crazy for me lately. Mad pressure at work, I moved to a new place, and now have an Epic along with my TP2. To be honest I have not been in the kitchen in over a month, I do still plan on updating. Can you guys recap on the problems, also throw out some requests and I'll see if I can add them/remove them... Happy holidays to all my fellow ppc addicts out there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: {ROM}{21667|23557/63}{8/4}Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.5{Loaded/Baseline}Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Sorry for the disconnect, things have been crazy for me lately. Mad pressure at work, I moved to a new place, and now have an Epic along with my TP2. To be honest I have not been in the kitchen in over a month, I do still plan on updating. Can you guys recap on the problems, also throw out some requests and I'll see if I can add them/remove them... Happy holidays to all my fellow ppc addicts out there.

Thanks for the update formula. There is no other mobile shell rom out there that matches yours.

I will post all the problems ive found on monday I wont have internet over the holiday weekend.

Happy thanksgiving man and ill be back monday
Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

Here are the posts with the problems.

Looks like.
  • Calculator equals doesn't work
  • The media player widget does not work it only brings you to the media player program the widget doesn't actually play songs.
  • When I do a clear storage for some reason the Albums.ink always gets deleted. For some reason clear storage thinks its not being used or something. i dont know...
  • The "SYM" key doesnt work on the slide out keyboard. its when you hit the FN key and the comma. and launching the internet from the keyboard. I believe its the key above one of the arrows.
  • Groove mobile doesn't search for songs. You need to use the work around. That groove suggested in his thread over at xda. I explain it in this post. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1963488-post1272.html Its a very easy fix.
  • You mentioned something about not sending/ receiving videos.
  • Also adding needed files for mobile shell manager to allow you to use the widget manager.
FYI: I used your rom for over two months without having to hard-reset of reflash. It has been the longest rom I have ever ran on my phone. You truly made a great rom here I hope you get the recognition you deserve.

Quote:
Thanks for the Kind words... MMS does work for Pics I just tried video today and could not... Also it requires some verification which I am looking into. Example - You receive an MMS and you can see it but the download button is grey, if you click the top bar (notification area) you'll notice a message to confirm connection to download the MMS... I will figure the registry entry and correct this.

Oh and about donations my sig has the link its a few posts up...Look forward to more feedback.
Quote:
@ModmyPPC, I have been testing the new rom improving on things here and there but i have been really tied up with work and have not had much spare time lately. The app to move them around is called Mobile Shell Manager v5 over at xda. The next release will have the needed folder to load to your sd card to allow you to use the widget manager along with preset layouts to test.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 12-30-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

So I take this that this is now to be considered a dead ROM? 'Tis a shame, I really really liked this version of MobileShell, was my first MobileShell ROM and actually inspired me to create my first ROM (also based in Mobile Shell).

Will be getting an Epic soon though, looking forward to what you have going on over there Formula.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Almost a VIP

I sent formula this PM a week ago and he has never responded.

Quote:
Formula I understand your a busy man, but if you could update your rom with the problems i posted in your thread I would be willing to give you another 25$ donation.

The thing is your rom is the only rom I have stayed with. Everytime I move to another rom there is always shit wrong with it.

I can count on your rom working. there are just a few minor issues which has been posted on your thread. I will be more then happy to donate to you I really feel like your rom is a rom I can stick with if you stop working on the tp2 I atleast know I have a fully functional kick ass rom.

Also If you could make it a sprint specific rom that would be great that way I can update the prl and stuff. I dont really need sprint nav or tv. Its mostly for sprint signal updates and such.

Just as a bonus, I would be willing to give you a 50 dollar donation if you could figure out why your tethering is so slow. Around 54kbps but when I was on sharkies rom it was around 600kbps.

I mention it in this thread (54 kbps Tethering speed! Please help!.... Problem Solved!) If you would like to read it its not very long but may help you.

The main reason is when I tether either usb or wifi I can't play videos its stops every 3 seconds instead of playing the video. So it sucks to play YOUTUBE or netflix.

If you can't figure out the tethering please post the rom with the problems solved and ill donate to you. maybe you can solve the data tethering later which you will get another donation.

I really feel like your rom is worth every penny I love it so much.

Let me know what you need to make it happen and ill do my best.

Thanks
Given that I posted the issues with the rom a month ago 11/30 with no sign that he's working on it. It looks like formula is just too busy and development is dead on this rom! Which is an absolute shame given that this is the longest running rom and by far MOST STABLE I have ever had on my phone.

for those who want to try this rom here is the link to his last updated rom Formula.LD.23134.E.083010.exe eventhough this is the beta I recommened everyone to try this rom. You wont be dissappointed!

Maybe if theres more of an interest and feedback he'll comeback

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 12-30-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Bump

I told you I would look into why scilors groove shark doesn't load songs and the fix I used a while back doesn't work anymore.

It looks like scilor posted a update to his softwear which once downloaded works on your rom. heres the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640954

Been running your rom for 7 weeks now and not a single freeze up.

Cant wait for the next update really hope you find the time
Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deathpig is a n00b

I love this rom!! I'm using a Sprint TP2 .. does anyone else have problems logging in using the Facebook widget? I've looked all around and havent found a solution that works yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Hope this ROM isnt dead... Nothing touches it!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpig View Post
I love this rom!! I'm using a Sprint TP2 .. does anyone else have problems logging in using the Facebook widget? I've looked all around and havent found a solution that works yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Hope this ROM isnt dead... Nothing touches it!
both my facebook and facebook IM widget works.

What is it showing you?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Formula, I believe you can fix your media problem by incorporating s2p v.83Beta (free version)
if you cook in groove mobile, make sure everyone knows Scilor updated tokens regularly---if for some reason groovemobile stops working---go to scilor's site and update to the newest version---currently v16

if ya'll are looking for faster net speeds, follow my sig and install the latest ucweb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms