PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Gotta agree with you except I don't think 8-5 was any better than 8-7 so no reason to flash back. I think the homescreen glitch along with all the other Sense flashes have more to do with Cookie than 2017. I had the same issues with earlier builds, and I've read about them on other ROMs too.
Yeah Id have to agree with U about not really seeing or feeling any difference. To be honest if there wasnt that strange looking internet slider after first flashing 8-7 than By first glance I could not have seen anything too drastic in changes if any at all. Might have to take Ur advice and just stick to 2017 for now. I got my phone all tweaked out so not flashing back would definitely save me some time.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yeah Id have to agree with U about not really seeing or feeling any difference. To be honest if there wasnt that strange looking internet slider after first flashing 8-7 than By first glance I could not have seen anything too drastic in changes if any at all. Might have to take Ur advice and just stick to 2017 for now. I got my phone all tweaked out so not flashing back would definitely save me some time.
Hey Young - you still on 2017? I was wondering if you were seeing something I am. If I go to the twitter tab and update, it will update but if I try to scroll to see the new tweets it will sort of bounce back down to the one that was at the top before the update. If I leave the tab and come back, it will have the new tweets on top as you would expect. Re-flashed and it did this from the get go as well.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Have anybody noticed when in landscape, when you get an in-coming call it doesn't show up?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tryinghard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
why to #1 yes to #2 no to #3 are you using clean ram or sktools to clean system?
In opera browser there is no X button in IE there is an X button. Why is opera better than IE

I am not using any clean ram or sktools, where do I get them from, how to use them and how often should I use it?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

lw123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
In opera browser there is no X button in IE there is an X button. Why is opera better than IE

I am not using any clean ram or sktools, where do I get them from, how to use them and how often should I use it?
The X button does not close the program you are running. It just still running at the background.
When you use X button to close IE, IE is still running. No wonder you see the memory usage going up after a while. Even IE has X button, you should still use its menu and select "Exit" to close it.

You can tap the upper left corner of the screen to bring up ArkSwitch and close the programs you do not need. Then you will not have memory problem.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post

dump ie and use opera and heres clean ram.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59447
Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Hey Young - you still on 2017? I was wondering if you were seeing something I am. If I go to the twitter tab and update, it will update but if I try to scroll to see the new tweets it will sort of bounce back down to the one that was at the top before the update. If I leave the tab and come back, it will have the new tweets on top as you would expect. Re-flashed and it did this from the get go as well.
Cory, yes I've noticed that. Just assumed it was something I installed that made it act like that. BUT, if you've re-flashed, I guess it is definitely a bug in the Twitter portion of this build. Gets kind of aggravating to not be able to scroll down and see the latest messages. Really not a great big deal though. I'm not heavily into twittering.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
Cory, yes I've noticed that. Just assumed it was something I installed that made it act like that. BUT, if you've re-flashed, I guess it is definitely a bug in the Twitter portion of this build. Gets kind of aggravating to not be able to scroll down and see the latest messages. Really not a great big deal though. I'm not heavily into twittering.
Cool. Thanks for checking. I agree. Not a big deal. Just hop to the next tab and come back.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
Quote:
Cool. Thanks for checking. I agree. Not a big deal. Just hop to the next tab and come back.
Yup I too had this happen the other day. I thought it was just a minor glitch, but I guess its a little bigger than that if all of you are experiencing this. Like CoryNat said just a quick slide over a tab and back fixes it so not a deal breaker for me.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

twitter issue is on other cooks 2017 also.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development