PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:35 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
OK - I see where I was confused.

I was ignoring the "BACK" hardware key and trying to use the "END" hardware key.
The END key would cause the phone to beep, but wouldnt do anything.

Because of this I was taking the long route of getting back to the home screen from within the Messaging tab of a contact (such as after a text message). I was having to use a combination of sliding to the Details tab of the contact and using softkeys and the slider bar to navigate back to the home screen.

I now see that the BACK hardware key (with the arrow making a U-turn) does immediately return the screen to the HTC Messaging tab. This is a better option.

I still maintain the idea that the true END key (the hardware key with they red phone icon) should truly end what you are doing and return home, but I certainly see it as less of a problem now.
ok so you had that prob in the messaging screen. i used to do that too w/ the slide to detail to see the back softkey, then it hit me duh hit the back hardkey (hit it once to take you to message tab then hit it agian and your home, just 2 taps) tapping the end key does end/close out an app but i guess not in the manilia sub folders/menus such as messaging/contacts. but it will end in an app/program.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

353Entertainment is keeping up the good work353Entertainment is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
OK - I see where I was confused.

I was ignoring the "BACK" hardware key and trying to use the "END" hardware key.
The END key would cause the phone to beep, but wouldnt do anything.

Because of this I was taking the long route of getting back to the home screen from within the Messaging tab of a contact (such as after a text message). I was having to use a combination of sliding to the Details tab of the contact and using softkeys and the slider bar to navigate back to the home screen.

I now see that the BACK hardware key (with the arrow making a U-turn) does immediately return the screen to the HTC Messaging tab. This is a better option.

I still maintain the idea that the true END key (the hardware key with they red phone icon) should truly end what you are doing and return home, but I certainly see it as less of a problem now.

It's not an Sss ROM specific issue though...it's like this for all the custom ROMS i've tried, so it might be a 2.5 issue overall...and i've only experienced it in HTC messaging...i just use the back button and i also have rhodium keyboard controller installed...
Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 353Entertainment View Post
It's not an Sss ROM specific issue though...it's like this for all the custom ROMS i've tried, so it might be a 2.5 issue overall...and i've only experienced it in HTC messaging...i just use the back button and i also have rhodium keyboard controller installed...
its not really a bug/problem. the end key wont close out the htc messaging sub-menus cause its not really an app (its built-in the sense ui=a today plug-in.) now if you go into a app such as notes or task or anything else and you tap end key it will close it an go to the home screen.

so overall b/c its not an app it wont close it as an app. i thinking its basicly an add-on to the today plugin sense ui.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
deck,

With R3 getting close, can you please update us on the status of a couple things that were needing to be fixed from R2.

1) ## dialer codes. This one is a MUST HAVE for Verizon users that overlap Alltell areas.
See http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=107

2) System freeze in SMS app when sliding the keyboard. Personally, I can get this to freeze without sliding the keyboard. It happens to me if I just rotate to landscape before opening the keyboard. Either way, this one is probably the #1 bug in the R2 ROM as I am sure you are aware.

3) End key should return user to the home screen. Obviously, this one is not near the priority that the first 2 are, but I think it would add a lot to the usability of this ROM.

Thanks! Keep up the good woork.
1. In this rom is a gsm 2g dialer, from the tmobile dump. Usuauly it was impossible to get dialer codes working on a gsm dialer, but im gonna look a little deeper into this and see what i can do. Also, just roam to your windows folder, and run epst out of theere, same as what your dialer code would do ;D

2. This is not something i can fix nor do anything about, its been like this with all the releases of the htc messaging client so far, remember it is still beta and there has never been a final released yet. Although, mine never freezes anymore. you start to get a feel how to operate it

3. The end key does work, and myself and one of my beta testers just tested it. Not sure what you are installing over the rom that would breaking it, but it is something that you are doing. Works like a charm on a stock flaash of sss.

-deck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Deck! I keep hanging with r2 but wonder when i could expect r3.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Thanks Deck! I keep hanging with r2 but wonder when i could expect r3.
pretty soon, a few of my beta testers are running it as we speak, just making sure everything is correct. Battery life should be alot better in next version as well

-deck
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

deck,

Thanks for heads up on the EPST tip. I will try that.

I hadnt realized the sms keybaord hang issue was across multiple ROMS when I posted this, but thanks for checking.

Also, the end key problem looks like it HTC sub-menu related, and isnt a big deal. Thanks to kjhadfield reminding us about the BACK hardware key that is staring me in the face.
Also, I dont have anything else installed, so it appears to just be an HTC thing.

Last edited by Longview; 01-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
pretty soon, a few of my beta testers are running it as we speak, just making sure everything is correct. Battery life should be alot better in next version as well

-deck
looking forward to it. Thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post

-deck
Awesome! Although, I have no complaints about the battery life. The only weird thing I have is that my memory has crept up from 60% to almost 80%. A soft reset seems to resolve the issue and I haven't had any problems with apps as a result. Just a weird little thing I notices. Can't wait for R3, but R2 has been super stable and a treat right out of the box!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
Awesome! Although, I have no complaints about the battery life. The only weird thing I have is that my memory has crept up from 60% to almost 80%. A soft reset seems to resolve the issue and I haven't had any problems with apps as a result. Just a weird little thing I notices. Can't wait for R3, but R2 has been super stable and a treat right out of the box!
I have had an out of memory message a couple times but soft reset and good to go.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development