View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
353Entertainment
N00b

353Entertainment is keeping up the good work353Entertainment is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
OK - I see where I was confused.

I was ignoring the "BACK" hardware key and trying to use the "END" hardware key.
The END key would cause the phone to beep, but wouldnt do anything.

Because of this I was taking the long route of getting back to the home screen from within the Messaging tab of a contact (such as after a text message). I was having to use a combination of sliding to the Details tab of the contact and using softkeys and the slider bar to navigate back to the home screen.

I now see that the BACK hardware key (with the arrow making a U-turn) does immediately return the screen to the HTC Messaging tab. This is a better option.

I still maintain the idea that the true END key (the hardware key with they red phone icon) should truly end what you are doing and return home, but I certainly see it as less of a problem now.

It's not an Sss ROM specific issue though...it's like this for all the custom ROMS i've tried, so it might be a 2.5 issue overall...and i've only experienced it in HTC messaging...i just use the back button and i also have rhodium keyboard controller installed...