PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Dec 24th) |MalROM| WM6.5.3 Manila 2.1/Titanium [Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw View Post
Malatesta, I love your ROM. However, I can't seem to use Kinoma Play on this ROM. Everytime I use Kinoma it locks up the phone and I have to remove the battery cover to do a soft reset. I use Kinoma alot especially to listen to your WMExperts podcast. I hope you can give me some assistance on this, if not I'll have to go back to using MM's 6.5 ROM. Regardless, this ROM is wonderful. I love the touch friendliness of the UI. Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to follow up and say this problem with Kinoma Play seems to happen when I open the task manager while I am using Kinoma.
I'm having the same problem. I think the problem is on the Kinoma side. All seems to be ok if you exit Kinoma from the menu in Kinoma rather than using the task manager. Closing from Task Manager will cause an instant soft reset. I have had a few lockups and random resets as well using Kinoma either with Mal's Rom or MightMike's ROM. (I use Mal's Rom, now) Probably will always use it. It's great!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post
Found one minor issue on the Verizon network. Every time I restart the device, it tries to "connect to the network to prepare my services"...
Yeah that's why I'll have to have a carrier customization system on boot. I'm going to work on that for next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nFKT View Post
Any chance of getting the full roaming/network selection menu with the ability to force roaming and a/b side of cellular?
Very cool and much appreciated. I just added it to my file for the next release.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Of late having problems with connecting to myphone server to sync - could it just be the Misrosoft server? I am running the 1.1b final. Thanks.

Gary
Old 12-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Of late having problems with connecting to myphone server to sync - could it just be the Misrosoft server? I am running the 1.1b final. Thanks.

Gary
Probably. That's a pretty basic and simple app, so there's not much that can be screwed up on my end.

I just synced with it too, no issues. Perhaps your data connection is stagnate--either close it (you can map it to the End Key under Settings, Personal) or just soft-reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

jryan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post

Gary
i was just gettin ready to post the exact same thing.. i'll try a soft reset and see what happens...
Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Malatesta,

Great Rom...I appreciate you taking the time to address everyones individual concerns/issues. So many times the threads fill up and it's diificult to find information. Your doing a great job keeping the thread clean and useful.

Now let me stop polluting the thread and ask my question... I realize everyone is wanting to add a little something to your ROM. But instead of cooking the peoples wants and needs (i.e. Forced Roaming) would it be better to provide a CAB and allow the people to install it individually??

Right now, it just might be my "backseat driver" side or my naive side, but can you mess up your ROM by adding too many ingredients?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:15 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dont think he would add something that would mess up the rom. if the request is good and it works then why not but in the end he has a goal for his rom and i dont think he would change it if it causes harm.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Soft reset did not help with My Phone for me at this point.

Gary
Old 12-25-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

jryan is a n00b

well, the myphone server now let me login, but it gets to the authenticating server part and sits there for awhile, then says sync failed? any ideas?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
well, the myphone server now let me login, but it gets to the authenticating server part and sits there for awhile, then says sync failed? any ideas?
Confirmed here as well. Don't know if anyone on another rom is experiencing the same so not blaming this rom but strange.

Gary

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development