PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Dec 24th) |MalROM| WM6.5.3 Manila 2.1/Titanium [Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post
Hey Mal! I'd love to test the Titanium version on Verizon for you. I have the keyboard fix already, and I thought the Arcsoft MMS fix was for Manila only, so I don't think I will need that. Any other advice before I flash it?

Thanks!
Nope. Outside of the KB and MMS settings, there isn't much else to do.

I mean the PRL/Firmware updater won't work of course, but until I can get the JMZ carrier provisioning file in there, I guess it should work on the Verizon network. Keep us posted & good luck.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

gearsofwar123 is a n00b

Hey Guys.. When I install the cab and then run it on the HTC TP2 with this rom, it goes to Opera 10 and on the top it says "file:..localhost/_setup.xml" and it doesn't do anything?
How do I install this Nav system.
Please help!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 01:32 AM
rlw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

rlw is becoming a great contributor

Malatesta, I love your ROM. However, I can't seem to use Kinoma Play on this ROM. Everytime I use Kinoma it locks up the phone and I have to remove the battery cover to do a soft reset. I use Kinoma alot especially to listen to your WMExperts podcast. I hope you can give me some assistance on this, if not I'll have to go back to using MM's 6.5 ROM. Regardless, this ROM is wonderful. I love the touch friendliness of the UI. Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to follow up and say this problem with Kinoma Play seems to happen when I open the task manager while I am using Kinoma.

Last edited by rlw; 12-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch 2
Carrier: sprint

dd2005_atcs is a n00b

Malatesta,
I do like your ROM too. I have Sound & Notifications programs enable for a reminder. How can I change to a different sound wave?
Please advise
Merry Christmas!

Edit
I have found this question & answer per Mayonesa from the previous post.
Thank you for the great ROM and support of every one.

Last edited by dd2005_atcs; 12-25-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Mike5150 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
I mean the PRL/Firmware updater won't work of course, but until I can get the JMZ carrier provisioning file in there, I guess it should work on the Verizon network. Keep us posted & good luck.
Not sure what that means, but if it's a file you need from a Verizon phone, just let me know. I'm going to try and get it flashed today while the kids are playing with their new toys. Other then the obvious like the phone, sms, mms, internet connection etc not working, should I check anything in particular once it's flashed to make sure it was successful?

Thanks again!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21

hey mal still lovin the rom and dont think ill be flashing others in the near future. one quick question though..is there a way to add someone to your contacts by tapping on there number in the messaging thread? it used to let me with past roms but i cant get it with yours.

maybe a reg tweak or cab that would help would be great!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Nope. Outside of the KB and MMS settings, there isn't much else to do.

Ok, flashed the Titanium only Rom about a half hour ago. So far MMS works out of the box...did not need to install the arcsoft cab. Phone, data, and sms also work perfectly! I did need to install the Verizon Keyboard fix which I can send to you if you need it. Otherwise as far as I can tell, the ROM works great on Verizon! Great job!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayweezie21 View Post
hey mal still lovin the rom and dont think ill be flashing others in the near future. one quick question though..is there a way to add someone to your contacts by tapping on there number in the messaging thread? it used to let me with past roms but i cant get it with yours.

maybe a reg tweak or cab that would help would be great!
Huh, I know nothing of that feature but will look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post
Ok, flashed the Titanium only Rom about a half hour ago. So far MMS works out of the box...did not need to install the arcsoft cab. Phone, data, and sms also work perfectly! I did need to install the Verizon Keyboard fix which I can send to you if you need it. Otherwise as far as I can tell, the ROM works great on Verizon! Great job!
Very cool! Will look to modify the 1st post with this info and will attach the KB fix. Thanks for testing and glad it's working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw View Post
Malatesta, I love your ROM. However, I can't seem to use Kinoma Play on this ROM. Everytime I use Kinoma it locks up the phone and I have to remove the battery cover to do a soft reset. I use Kinoma alot especially to listen to your WMExperts podcast. I hope you can give me some assistance on this, if not I'll have to go back to using MM's 6.5 ROM. Regardless, this ROM is wonderful. I love the touch friendliness of the UI. Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to follow up and say this problem with Kinoma Play seems to happen when I open the task manager while I am using Kinoma.
Yeah, Kinoma just doesn't play well with Task Manager, or at least the X2. My advice is just to "re-launch" it using the Start Menu instead of trying to switch it with the Task Manager. I'll play around with it but there's probably not much I can do on my end, I think Kinoma behaves a little unorthodox with memory.

Last edited by Malatesta; 12-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Found one minor issue on the Verizon network. Every time I restart the device, it tries to "connect to the network to prepare my services". Obviously since I am not on Sprint It's having difficulties accomplishing this. I can't find anywhere to turn this off. If you go into Start->Settings->System->Update Profile/Firmware/PRL it will do the same thing, but I don't see any settings to change it.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nFKT is becoming a great contributor

Awesome rom Malatesta,

Any chance of getting the full roaming/network selection menu with the ability to force roaming and a/b side of cellular?

Edit:

Figured it out myself, if you want to put it in the next revision its:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\Netwo rkService]
"ServiceName"="Network Service"
"ServiceTitle"="Phone: Preferred Serving System"
"ItemCount"=dword:5
"ItemName1"="Home only"
"ItemValue1"=dword:1
"ItemName2"="Automatic-A"
"ItemValue2"=dword:2
"ItemName3"="Automatic-B"
"ItemValue3"=dword:3
"ItemName4"="Standard"
"ItemValue4"=dword:4
"ItemName5"="Roaming Only"
"ItemValue5"=dword:5

Last edited by nFKT; 12-25-2009 at 06:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development