PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 3rd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbrown29 View Post
From my earlier post,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=703

Here are a couple of screen shots showing the centering problem I have with Touchflo SMS Tab on MalROM 1.5b2 (6.5.3/2.1) . [/IMG]
Cool, thanks for the pics. Will see what I can find, but probably won't be till the weekend. Probably something to do with the build of Manila.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
s there a memory problem that I was reading in a few posts before? Should I switch to 6.5?
I think the 6.5 build is the best. Will check out the memory leak issue, although I've moved thing around quite a bit from the current release and will have an update tomorrow. Not sure if that will fix the mem thing though.

Make sure to use CleanRAM (pre installed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Slowly but surely ive fallen in love with this rom Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Man I gotta run right now, be back later...but Mal...everything was running fine for 24 hours...but now it is freezing up and I noticed programs are not closing down...they are closing on "X" but showing they are still running in my other task manager....will check it out more later...I thought earlier there may be a mem leak...this may be the culprit..
See above. I'll have a new version tomorrow, not sure if it fixes that issue, but I did re-arrange some resources and there is more initial RAM on boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 mem leak is getting worse and apps are not closing for me either, havent crashed yet but im getting low mem warning with only opera running but other programs are running just not showing.
to the other user, glad to help.
ditto response, see above, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Not to get off topic but there's a slingmobile 2.0 beta?
Did I say that? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionreign View Post
I installed the new MalROM v1.5b2, but it doesn't put wallpaper on all screens. Do you have a cab for this?
Right, that is in the b3 and upcoming b4 release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamousantichrist View Post
hi mal. as you no doubt have noticed i'm new to the site and to flashing custom roms as well. malrom was my 3rd flash and i must say the difference over the others is night and day. i wont mention them because it's not my intent to start anything.

i was a little nervous but i read your instructions carefully and had no issues what so ever.

again, thanks for sharing your roms!

cheers,
anonamousantichrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouki64 View Post
Jan 3rd: WM6.5 + Sense 2.1 small update v1.5b3: Company Directory Access?

Great rom, but I'm having issues accessing my company directory through the People Tab-> All People-> Menu-> Company Directory when I am connected to my corporate exchange server via ActiveSync.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Hmm...I think I may know why that is. Will have to wait till this weekend, though PM me and I'll send you a special version, let me know if it works.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Mal, on the company directory issue..the only way that I have been able to access it is through the contacts tab..i would like to be able to get to the company directory from the people tab too..may I pm you as well?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I think the 6.5 build is the best. Will check out the memory leak issue, although I've moved thing around quite a bit from the current release and will have an update tomorrow. Not sure if that will fix the mem thing though.

Make sure to use CleanRAM (pre installed).

See above. I'll have a new version tomorrow, not sure if it fixes that issue, but I did re-arrange some resources and there is more initial RAM on boot.

ditto response, see above, lol
Hopefully it does...it has gotten worse...been trying to figure out why...been using clean ram like everytime I have to open up a new app...it really seems like maybe the new Opera is the main culprit....love the rom though....keep up the great work...thx!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

You have decided to step into a field that has several heavy hitters in it (MightyMike, Silence,Energy and Juicy) and i must say your rom is tops! i really enjoy the lay out of this rom and the speed. the battery life and stability are too very impressive. From the opening speed of the apps to the speed of the web browsing everything is great. you have put a lot of time and effort into making this rom and i for one am glad you are making these public. i look forward to your next release. thanks again
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

First let me say great ROM Mal ( this custom thing has been super fun for a noob wannabe--that's me)..I go back and forth between this ROM and David Morley's 7PPC ( not so much for 2.5 but I love the ability to look at Facebook albums when you hit the HTC album tab).. I am not sure if it is a me thing (probably so) but I just cant seem to get Opera mobile (any version) right (if someone has great settings please share as it seems I have to move the thing around, try to zoom, tap constantly etc etc)..what I just started using (saw on David's PPC rom) was UCBROWSER http://www.uc.cn/English/index.shtml and I just wanted to share because for me ( noob) this thing is easy...renders the pages correctly, fast, etc etc..thanks again for your ROM..
Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Mal, on the company directory issue..the only way that I have been able to access it is through the contacts tab..i would like to be able to get to the company directory from the people tab too..may I pm you as well?
I don't know if I an do anything about that, but through Outlook I might be able to fix. PM if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southphillysean View Post
You have decided to step into a field that has several heavy hitters in it (MightyMike, Silence,Energy and Juicy) and i must say your rom is tops! i really enjoy the lay out of this rom and the speed. the battery life and stability are too very impressive. From the opening speed of the apps to the speed of the web browsing everything is great. you have put a lot of time and effort into making this rom and i for one am glad you are making these public. i look forward to your next release. thanks again
Thanks for the kind words. I only starting cooking like 6 weeks ago and literally everyday I learn something new, so hopefully things will only keep improving. It's tough self-teaching, but it's also a good feeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
First let me say great ROM Mal ( this custom thing has been super fun for a noob wannabe--that's me)..I go back and forth between this ROM and David Morley's 7PPC ( not so much for 2.5 but I love the ability to look at Facebook albums when you hit the HTC album tab).. I am not sure if it is a me thing (probably so) but I just cant seem to get Opera mobile (any version) right (if someone has great settings please share as it seems I have to move the thing around, try to zoom, tap constantly etc etc)..what I just started using (saw on David's PPC rom) was UCBROWSER http://www.uc.cn/English/index.shtml and I just wanted to share because for me ( noob) this thing is easy...renders the pages correctly, fast, etc etc..thanks again for your ROM..
UCBrowser is real nice. I did a write up here awhile ago for those who are curious (older v6).

Also, upcoming version has Facebook in Album--I updated the Album to 3.2.1920 or something, forgot the exact number, but Facebook is there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Did I say that? lol
You sure did, give a little info pleeeeeaaasse? Or send me a pm or something. I use slingbox more than anything in the world and I been hearing people talk about mobile 2.0 for the longest but haven't gotten any real info at all.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
You sure did, give a little info pleeeeeaaasse? Or send me a pm or something. I use slingbox more than anything in the world and I been hearing people talk about mobile 2.0 for the longest but haven't gotten any real info at all.

I am a registered Sling beta tester and I've never received any info about 2.0 beta. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though. Even if it does, the only way you can get it is to be a beta tester for Sling. They don't generally have public beta versions of their software until they're almost ready to release the final version.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Just tried UC browser w/ both the links Mal provided and tjmontan posted, d/l'd cab, run cab, get icon on phone, click icon and..... nothing... nada... gave it awhile like Mal's review stated and still nada. Waited like 10 minutes and nothing, no signs of life....hmmmm
Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Just tried UC browser w/ both the links Mal provided and tjmontan posted, d/l'd cab, run cab, get icon on phone, click icon and..... nothing... nada... gave it awhile like Mal's review stated and still nada. Waited like 10 minutes and nothing, no signs of life....hmmmm
hmmm...not cool at all..I went to the website last night, it asked which phone I have..I entered the info, it then gave me a dowload cab for my PC..I loaded it on the phone and it works great..Not sure why it is not working for you but I really do like it..If I can figure out how to post a cab I will do so in a minute..
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development