PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Dell Axim x51v
Carrier: Sprint

slimbrown29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

Mal,

Not sure if you have seen this full screen 6.5.3. compatible Task Manager over at XDA, but it is shaping up to be a very good Task Switcher. Even better than the Xperia version. Perhaps it's some thin you could look into cooking into your next ROM.

It is a little buggy currently, but I love that I can quickly access it from any app.

ArkSwitcher

Last edited by slimbrown29; 01-20-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: fat finger typos ;)
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
out of curiosity.... any big updates coming? i'm def looking forward to the next release
Not really. I mean I'll do some minor tweaking, update some apps, maybe remove some stuff, etc.

But currently, there are no new WM builds out to update, ergo no new "killer" features. So I'm not sure what else I can do. Well, I still need to do some custom icons and organize the Start Menu--so that's something.

Have a busy weekend though and I'm finishing the Treo Pro ROM, so it'll be awhile before the next update--maybe by then there'll be something big to talk about too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbrown29 View Post
Mal,

Not sure if you have seen this full screen Task Switcher over at XDA, but it is shaping up to be a very good Task Switcher. Even better than the Xperia version. Perhaps it's some thin you could look into cooking into your next ROM.

It is a little buggy currently, but I love that I can quickly access it from any app.

ArkSwitcher
Cool. Will keep an eye on it and look to incorporate. Lord knows we need a better task manager. Although I'm using Task Facade right now, which is sort of cool.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Dell Axim x51v

slimbrown29 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Although I'm using Task Facade right now, which is sort of cool.
Visually it is pretty awesome, but I find it a tad bit slow, plus lacking to display system info (memory usage etc).
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbrown29 View Post
Visually it is pretty awesome, but I find it a tad bit slow, plus lacking to display system info (memory usage etc).
i used to run that on my vogue and mapped it to the camera key.... it was sweet. but i agree, it almost seems slower on the tp2 than it does on the vogue.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 3rd)

Quote:
Not sure what's causing the first part, haven't heard of that one before. Will look out for anything.

Not sure why the 2nd one happened, but you can turn it off under Menu --> Options signatures.

No, CDMA only at this time, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
I figured out what was wrong... but still not sure what it was. Actually new text messages did show up in the Manilla screen. But it was buried underneath a few of them... so basically the new txts came in at message 9 out of 25 and after I deleted 1 through 9, everything was ok.

Thanks for looking at it and for the tip on the Options signatures!
I have this same issue. I'll try deleting my text messages one by one til they start coming through correctly. Do you use My Phone by chance? I think it had something to do with how I received text messages prior to syncing with MyPhone after the initial flashing.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks bud!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
N00b
Carrier: US Cellular

franco1 is a n00b

WIll this work on US Cellular?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco1 View Post
WIll this work on US Cellular?
Yes. although I don't think there's a provision cab, but there are MMS set ups for USC.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Carrier: US Cellular

franco1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Yes. although I don't think there's a provision cab, but there are MMS set ups for USC.
Could you direct me in the right direction for this?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

allengwinn is a n00b

The best version I found was the January 4 version. I think it was b4. I can post both 6.5.3 and 6.5 if still needed. Other than the weird hard reset issue, I've encountered no problems with 6.5 b6.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development