PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsez View Post
i am about to gift away a SIM unlocked verzion TP2 with MalROM v1.5b6 WM6.5.3 + Sense 2.1 on it. to be used with Airtel/India.
the chances of this person ever upgrading the ROM is slim to none.

can i confidently and comfortably send it away. thinking it will last for the next year or two?

pls. suggest any possible tweaks that should go in before its too late.

Thanks.
It all depends on what the "giftee" is looking for as far as tweaks. Mal has put some pretty decent stuff in there already, but dare I ask, what are you going to do if the phone starts getting funky overseas, i.e. flash back to stock, HR, flash back to Mal's rom, etc? Have you had any other ROM's on the phone, have you had any issues with it to date? I personally would be leary about sending the phone overseas for a year or two to a person who is very unlikely to understand the potential issues {unless of course you send a separate sd card w/ the stock ROM and a couple of custom ROM's for the person to flash via sd card ) Is there a reason you're not sending it with stock ROM, as it obviously is the most stable, although less customized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

badsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuffbadsez knows their stuff

Mal is the smoothest of all ROM i've tried so far.
I've tried almost all major ROMs.

Your point is valid on the potential hiccups.
I will put the stock 6.5 verizon rom on the sd card with simple instructions. you never know. thanks for the idea.

the phone is pretty new. only a cpl. days old. sim unlocked. didnt even test it on verizon. me being a sprint customer. tested gps, wifi successfully. Airtel sim card recognized T-mobile as the partner and is in roaming mode.
i dont want to make any test calls and run up their bills.

but since.. none of the stock ROMs are well rounded or all rouned. ex. they dont have the tweaked graphics or battery drivers. Simply none of the Mal goodness. that is why i want to know if its ok to let the phone run the b6 rom for the next 1 yr?

once i had silence rom running on TP for almost 2 months. my personal record. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
It all depends on what the "giftee" is looking for as far as tweaks. Mal has put some pretty decent stuff in there already, but dare I ask, what are you going to do if the phone starts getting funky overseas, i.e. flash back to stock, HR, flash back to Mal's rom, etc? Have you had any other ROM's on the phone, have you had any issues with it to date? I personally would be leary about sending the phone overseas for a year or two to a person who is very unlikely to understand the potential issues {unless of course you send a separate sd card w/ the stock ROM and a couple of custom ROM's for the person to flash via sd card ) Is there a reason you're not sending it with stock ROM, as it obviously is the most stable, although less customized.

Last edited by badsez; 01-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsez View Post
Mal is the smoothest of all ROM i've tried so far.
I've tried almost all major ROMs.

Your point is valid on the potential hiccups.
I will put the stock 6.5 verizon rom on the sd card with simple instructions. you never know. thanks for the idea.

the phone is pretty new. only a cpl. days old. sim unlocked. didnt even test it on verizon. me being a sprint customer. tested gps, wifi successfully. Airtel sim card recognized T-mobile as the partner and is in roaming mode.
i dont want to make any test calls and run up their bills.

but since.. none of the stock ROMs are well rounded or all rouned. ex. they dont have the tweaked graphics or battery drivers. Simply none of the Mal goodness. that is why i want to know if its ok to let the phone run the b6 rom for the next 1 yr?

once i had silence rom running on TP for almost 2 months. my personal record. lol.
Just make sure the sd card if formatted FAT32, IMO I would try it first, to make sure it works and also put Mal's ROM on there so if they did need to flash back to stock, they could also flash back to Mals ROM. I would think that you could cut and paste some of the instructions from different threads here and include them with the phone, and include any cabs your running on it right now for them to reload if needed. As far as the length of time the ROM could run, I've been running it since it came out and haven't so much as had a freaking hiccup...Although if you've flashed a bunch of different custom ROM's on it, I would maybe recommend flashing back to VZW stock, hard reset, then flash again to Mal's, HR again and set it up as needed, as there's been a lot of reports out there about the phones getting freaky after flashing multiple diff ROMs. Just trying to weed out any potential issues you might have overseas.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Mal, how can I add or remove Palringo and Nanogroove to/from the exceptions list for the task manager, nothing seems to shut them off except having to manually go in to the TM and kill them. Is there an easier or better way? I've searched the registry and can't it anywhere.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

fbskiracer is just getting started

How do I use the home screen with the big clock and the bottom bar for tabs instead of the one shown in the bottom right (of the first post) that installed as the default?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

lgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbskiracer View Post
How do I use the home screen with the big clock and the bottom bar for tabs instead of the one shown in the bottom right (of the first post) that installed as the default?
Sounds like you want the 6.5 not the 6.5.3 version.

Or go into start menu/settings/today and choose sense.

I dunno flashing a rom right now cant look for myself...

Last edited by lgrulz; 01-24-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Any comments on battery life of this ROM?

I had problems with iGO TTS on any custom 6.5 ROMs I tried so far, inlcuding MightyROM. I learned that TTS is not a problem for MalROM. SO I would like to give it a shot. The only hesitation is battery.

My battery normally last for two days in Mighty or Stock ROM.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
Any comments on battery life of this ROM?

I had problems with iGO TTS on any custom 6.5 ROMs I tried so far, inlcuding MightyROM. I learned that TTS is not a problem for MalROM. SO I would like to give it a shot. The only hesitation is battery.

My battery normally last for two days in Mighty or Stock ROM.

Thanks
I have been running this ROM since it was released. I am running 23518. I am getting 2 days easily with general use. I personally haven't seen much difference between it and stock. IMO. Also an extremely stable ROM. The best of all the ones I have tried.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbskiracer View Post
What ROM did you d/l? If it's defaulting to the screen you're referencing, it sounds like you d/l'd the titanium only ROM. You want one of the sense ROM's. Or did you change the settings to windows default and uncheck sense?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Wow! This ROM is really terrific. I installed today, and the iGO TTS works flawlessly, unlike other custom 6.5 ROMs. And everything is perfect. I especially like the action screen.

Thanks, I will be a new fan of this ROM from today on.

BTW, is there anyway to change the shortcuts in action screen? I wish to add a turn off screen shortcut so I can remove PowerShutXP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development