PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Thanks for the suggestions,

Yea maybe my whole problem is with changing the pagepool. For some reason, I tend to think that increasing it is better lol. Maybe decreasing it would be better for performance? lol. I'm not on Verizon; my phone should have enough power to run great.

I will try different pagepools and hope for the best. Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
That is how all of the 6.5.X roms work now. You have to go into the task manager to close an app.

Are you sure about that, because I have used every single 6.5 out right now. And this is the only Rom without a system Task Manager Icon and exhibits this behavior of having programs running in memory even after Xn them out.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

mliksa87 is just getting started

so i have reflashed this and added in a dusk theme along with cookies home screen. i must say i am utterly impressed with this rom. i had to add in a bunch of the programs i like but everything is smooth as hell and battery life is awesome. for once i think im content. im a flash-a-holic and at one point have had every 6.5 rom out there on it. so fan ive liked this release the best.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Alphaw0lf is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by calexander3 View Post
You might want to try leaving the page pool alone or even lowering it if you have a Verizon TP. If I am not mistaken the page pool only contains executable code and not graphics or anything like that. I am running the rom with an 8mb page pool for my Verizon TP and it runs great.

How are you changing the PagePool? I have a utility that comes with other roms but somewhere I read this isn't the best way to do it.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro raphael
Carrier: sprint

ajinliu is a n00b

thanks NFSFANS for your effort!

when i choose the photo tab and turn it to landscape mode it´s crash. is there a solutions for this? or someone could help me to fix it?

thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheTenthLetter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheTenthLetter

Some issues I've experienced with this ROM (on latest build)

* When in Landscape Mode, "Incoming Call" screen glitches out and becomes graphically screwy and illegible.

* All streaming media (from within browsers) opens with Windows Media Player, resulting in many rtsp errors. Streaming media used to default to HTC Streaming Media, which plays formats that apparently don't want to cooperate with WMP (or perhaps the other way around ). I'm aware there's a HTCSM .cab online, however its installation has produced no positive results as there are either some files clashing or just nonexistent on the Touch Pro to ensure functionality. [This is more towards the type of thing I hope could be fixed in an upcoming build.]

* [note: these are from the "Update Profile & PRL.cab", not NFS] "Update Profile" has 0% success rate, always (at least in my testing). I do not believe this to be exclusive to customs because it always worked fine on EnergyROM. Not sure if this is a bug in NFS, or an implemented security feature to the end-user's benefit, but thought I should bring it up as I'm curious as to exactly what the "Profile" in question is if it won't update. :\ For the record, "Update PRL" works fine.

* YouTube app does not work while in Landscape Mode (minus viewing screen)

Other than those measly gripes (and how I wish the Start screen was 4-column capable, d'oh!), this is byfar MY FAVORITE CUSTOM. If you are a ROM-flashing noob to the world of custom ROMs overwhelmed by the number of customs available (as I once was ), this is an excellent place to begin! Stable, [fairly] speedy, WM6.5/Titanium + Manila 2.5 (and to think at unboxing I swore off TF3D forever!), beautiful eye-candy GUIs all over the place, and a solid selection of apps and useful functions to boot; in fact, NFS got me off of SPB Mobile Shell, which is handy, yet just not quite as dandy. My ROM-traipsing adventures may not yet be at an end (I'd still like to give Goku's GSS Custom a go, but it seems dated, and my .nbh file experience has been sketchy at best), but I have a feeling that NFS is what I'll be sticking with for a long, long time. Kudos to you, sir! (4 COLUMNS! 4 COLUMNS! Please?)

- 10th

Last edited by TheTenthLetter; 03-16-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Are you sure about that, because I have used every single 6.5 out right now. And this is the only Rom without a system Task Manager Icon and exhibits this behavior of having programs running in memory even after Xn them out.

Thanks
There is a difference between 6.5 and 6.5.X ROMs. 6.5 has the built in task manager in the upper right hand corner, and 6.5.X ROMs use whatever task manager the cook builds in and you cant close progams with just tapping x like before. but who know i could be wrong. this was one of the reasons i stayed away from 6.5.X roms.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
There is a difference between 6.5 and 6.5.X ROMs. 6.5 has the built in task manager in the upper right hand corner, and 6.5.X ROMs use whatever task manager the cook builds in and you cant close progams with just tapping x like before. but who know i could be wrong. this was one of the reasons i stayed away from 6.5.X roms.
Yep you are wrong on this on the 6.5.X ones, some of them with the start menu on top the 21xxx series you can x is out from up top. But even the newer sys 23XXX on up allow you to close a program out that its not running in memory or so forth. When you X a program out in either version they should be closed out of memory, without going to task manager.

thx
Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Yep you are wrong on this on the 6.5.X ones, some of them with the start menu on top the 21xxx series you can x is out from up top. But even the newer sys 23XXX on up allow you to close a program out that its not running in memory or so forth. When you X a program out in either version they should be closed out of memory, without going to task manager.

thx
what 23XXX rom have you been able to close a program by pressing x? this has been the way nfsfan's roms have work and others i have tried for both the touch and touch pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
what 23XXX rom have you been able to close a program by pressing x? this has been the way nfsfan's roms have work and others i have tried for both the touch and touch pro.
On Root's roms there is no X up in the corner of course since he is using the newer sys. But when you are in a program and X it out it does not remain running in memory, unlike Nfsfans rom. Maybe its an issue in the nfsfans roms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development