PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ultima232 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

The reason why you should flash back to stock first is that occasionally weird bugs pop-up after a flash and it is quite annoying. I don't know the technical reason behind it but there must be some kind of memory issue when you flash a ROM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mlashmet is a n00b

So is anyone here super excited about WM7? Personally, I don't like the fact that they are not allowing manufacturers to "skin" it. I really like SenseUI.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlashmet View Post
Thanks all. I was wondering why it was recommended to flash back to stock before flashing a new ROM. I guess it's just preference and/or paranoia? LOL Still, I'll flash to stock just to be safe. Thanks for all the advice.
its debated, but takes not much time so why not is how i look at it. i often do, but not always.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlashmet View Post
So is anyone here super excited about WM7? Personally, I don't like the fact that they are not allowing manufacturers to "skin" it. I really like SenseUI.
dunno..its interesting to follow, and ill be interested in seeing how it progresses as it gets closer to launch. seems more like a zune phone centred round media than a typical winmo professional business phone, but time will tell my friend.....
...well back on topic. heres hopin an updates comin lol couldnt resist

heres some wp7 threads for you to check mlashmet :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=590

Last edited by the-wrangler; 03-01-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: some links added
Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

ultima232 is a n00b

Windows Phone 7 series will be a lot better than what we see right now. Its not just a zune phone. Multi-tasking is still going to be there, just not the way we're used to in WM6.5. I'm definitely excited. Looks like LG is going to be the first manufacturer to release something and I'm happy to see it has a hardware keyboard. :]
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima232 View Post
Windows Phone 7 series will be a lot better than what we see right now. Its not just a zune phone. Multi-tasking is still going to be there, just not the way we're used to in WM6.5. I'm definitely excited. Looks like LG is going to be the first manufacturer to release something and I'm happy to see it has a hardware keyboard. :]
lol ok last statement from me about the 7 series cause its wrong thread...but you cant honestly say youd walk into a boardroom and plop that down beside everyone using 'business phone' ie winmo, blackberry and when comparing them say "oh ya, this is definately not a media centred phone..."... i like the concept, i hope it evolves, but i DO actually sit in boardrooms at times and theres no way im walking in with THAT phone as it stands now. it looks like something a teenager would use. yes im sure it has multitasking etc, but the interface just looks like a..well, i dont know what it looks like lol..its way cool, but in a professional atmosphere, i just cant see it. ah well, its like i said, well see how it evolves from now till launch,

and ya i saw the lg with the keyboard..thats a huge plus to me as well. time will tell my friend
Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Phil_00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
lol ok last statement from me about the 7 series cause its wrong thread...but you cant honestly say youd walk into a boardroom and plop that down beside everyone using 'business phone' ie winmo, blackberry and when comparing them say "oh ya, this is definately not a media centred phone..."... i like the concept, i hope it evolves, but i DO actually sit in boardrooms at times and theres no way im walking in with THAT phone as it stands now. it looks like something a teenager would use. yes im sure it has multitasking etc, but the interface just looks like a..well, i dont know what it looks like lol..its way cool, but in a professional atmosphere, i just cant see it. ah well, its like i said, well see how it evolves from now till launch,

and ya i saw the lg with the keyboard..thats a huge plus to me as well. time will tell my friend
I see your point, it doesnt look all business like. Heck, i look at an iphone and see the same thing. But on the other hand i ALSO sit in boardrooms and meetings and the last thing i do is stick my phone down on the table. Its always on my hip. I never see anyone with there phone on the table. Trust me the important people, DONT need a blackberry or a smartphone, the people that work for them do. Case in point the CEO of canadian tire Stephen Wetmore, I see him on his phone all the time. Its just a regular flip phone. Not a smartphone...

Anyways I CANT wait for NFSFANs update, all day i`ve been on here waitttting....
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lol excellent point, but very different industry than mine mate. lol so im guessing 1.04 is working alright for everyone as ive not seen a bug report in a bit..
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dannyzen is just getting started

This rom is great however i'm having an issue creating a new appointment for the calendar.
Has anyone found a work around? Whenever I click Menu - New Appointment nothing occurs.
Same runs for when I select a specific day and click New Appointment.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyzen View Post
This rom is great however i'm having an issue creating a new appointment for the calendar.
Has anyone found a work around? Whenever I click Menu - New Appointment nothing occurs.
Same runs for when I select a specific day and click New Appointment.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
im not on it at the moment, but if i recall the ms calendar worked fine for adding appointments

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development