PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69
Re: *Updated December 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Is there any way to change the 6.5 lock screen background?

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

Hey NFS

What an unbelievable rom this is..Many thanks. I have been using this for days and flawless. However today, (dec 09) when I activesync my phone is freezing. Have there been any other reports of this?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

12Marshall is a n00b

i upgraded from 1.01b to 1.02B and the rom is great but I too am seeing a sharp reduction in battery life. Any significant use of email (I have three accounts I need to access and i send/receive manually) and it goes quick and if I use wifi at all (usually as a modem which leaves wifi on after i shut it down), then power goes away extremely fast.

Also, I had one strange occurrence. I received a text message with the alert and the little number 1 next to text but when i clicked text there was no message. An hour later I got a call from the person asking me if i received their text. It never did show up. very strange.

overall still loving these nfs roms.

edit: i was using the windows default view (which i like) but i decided to try touch flo 2.1 and it's very nice but the text message came up in touch flo.... so the default appears to be glitchy.

Last edited by 12Marshall; 12-09-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

ok so after numerous hard resets and reflashing 3 diff times, still had problems with this build, so i ended up rolling back to the prior build and everything is beautiful again! wohoo!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (NFSFAN's ROM)

Joelm815 is a n00b

hey haven't had too many issues with the new Dec 5th build. Except that my bluetooth headset seems to work only some of the time. It seemed to work at first when i paired it but after about a day or two started having trouble. has anybody had this problem and a way to fix it?

Joel
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

freqz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcglendenning View Post
Hey NFS

What an unbelievable rom this is..Many thanks. I have been using this for days and flawless. However today, (dec 09) when I activesync my phone is freezing. Have there been any other reports of this?
I've been having the same problems.. Thought I was losing my mind...

I've also had it where the phone would get stuck in the activesync connection ( Even when not connected ) and the phone would not go into Data.. Soft reset fixes each time.

Did the flash dance, hard reset, soft reset, blah blah, but still the same.

Awesome rom BTW
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freqz View Post
I've been having the same problems.. Thought I was losing my mind...

I've also had it where the phone would get stuck in the activesync connection ( Even when not connected ) and the phone would not go into Data.. Soft reset fixes each time.

Did the flash dance, hard reset, soft reset, blah blah, but still the same.

Awesome rom BTW
I seemed to of fixed the problem (it would appear). I deleted the activesync from my computer and made a new relationship with phone no more freezing. Was that the problem? I don't know but it worked...just my 2 cents...Cheers
Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Marshall View Post
i upgraded from 1.01b to 1.02B and the rom is great but I too am seeing a sharp reduction in battery life. Any significant use of email (I have three accounts I need to access and i send/receive manually) and it goes quick and if I use wifi at all (usually as a modem which leaves wifi on after i shut it down), then power goes away extremely fast.

Also, I had one strange occurrence. I received a text message with the alert and the little number 1 next to text but when i clicked text there was no message. An hour later I got a call from the person asking me if i received their text. It never did show up. very strange.

overall still loving these nfs roms.

edit: i was using the windows default view (which i like) but i decided to try touch flo 2.1 and it's very nice but the text message came up in touch flo.... so the default appears to be glitchy.
1. Synching 3 email accounts constantly will drain the battery. This is common sense
2. Using WiFi router will drain the battery at about 600-700 mA because you are maxing out your data connection + you are using the WiFi chip as a router. This is a phone after all, so if you are planning on using it as a WiFi router for more than one hour, consider getting a 3g usb stick instead.
3. Do not restore text messages after you flash. This is known to mess up the entire text messaging system.

I hope this helps

EDIT: If you want to preserve as much battery as possible, make it a habit to turn off the data connection everytime you are done using it.

Last edited by NFSFAN; 12-10-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN
Re: *Updated December 10th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

1.03B is up!! It is not a big update, but it is needed for those using myphone service. Check the changelog for the updates, and also don't forget to check out my newly updated custom Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

ultima232 is a n00b
Re: *Updated December 10th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Hey NFSFAN, I just flashed your newest ROM 1.03B and I'm running into some problems. I've had zero issues with your roms since VOGUE and the early RAPH ROMS but 1.03B seems to stall when customizations are running during the first time boot.

The progress bar wasn't moving for at least 20 minutes so I decided to soft reset and now the phone will not boot past the TOUCH PRO screen.

Things I've done:
+Flashed and reflashed from bootloader mode
-will attempt to reflash 1.02B and see how that goes.

Anybody else having this issue?

EDIT: Problem was fixed by reflashing to 1.02B... I'm going to stick with this for now until ths weekend.

Last edited by ultima232; 12-10-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Problem Resolved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development