View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 AM
NFSFAN
VIP Member
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN
Re: *Updated December 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Marshall View Post
i upgraded from 1.01b to 1.02B and the rom is great but I too am seeing a sharp reduction in battery life. Any significant use of email (I have three accounts I need to access and i send/receive manually) and it goes quick and if I use wifi at all (usually as a modem which leaves wifi on after i shut it down), then power goes away extremely fast.

Also, I had one strange occurrence. I received a text message with the alert and the little number 1 next to text but when i clicked text there was no message. An hour later I got a call from the person asking me if i received their text. It never did show up. very strange.

overall still loving these nfs roms.

edit: i was using the windows default view (which i like) but i decided to try touch flo 2.1 and it's very nice but the text message came up in touch flo.... so the default appears to be glitchy.
1. Synching 3 email accounts constantly will drain the battery. This is common sense
2. Using WiFi router will drain the battery at about 600-700 mA because you are maxing out your data connection + you are using the WiFi chip as a router. This is a phone after all, so if you are planning on using it as a WiFi router for more than one hour, consider getting a 3g usb stick instead.
3. Do not restore text messages after you flash. This is known to mess up the entire text messaging system.

I hope this helps

EDIT: If you want to preserve as much battery as possible, make it a habit to turn off the data connection everytime you are done using it.

Last edited by NFSFAN; 12-10-2009 at 12:50 AM.