PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 03:06 AM
sbl
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

sbl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TitaniumRADAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by terces View Post
Having a problem with the TitaniumRADAR:

An error occurred on sub_main_app_start; it fails to load.

I have this url in for the radar:

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...inmaSIRIA_.gif

I've tried other url's too and receive the same error message.
You have to make a reg edit for it to work. Each "page" of the today weather item is tied to a set of registry keys. I think it is a holdover from some versions that had an MSN Weather widget on page 8 but the RADAR.EXE (which actually shows the pictures) is hard coded to look at a registry key called "page9". So to make it work:
1. Launch PHM Regedit in the System Tools folder.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Titani umWeather (there is no space in that why is the forum adding it?!?)
3. In the lower window there will be an entry called "Pages". Change it from "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e8" to "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e9" (don't put quotes around them and again no spaces in Page9). You're just changing Page8 to Page9.
4. Under the TitaniumWeather key there are matching folders for all those pages. You now need to rename the Page8 folder to Page9.
5. Exit PHM, soft reset and done...

Here is a cab if I didn't explain this well enough. The only difference is that this cab will leave the Page8 folder and create a new Page9 folder because it's not possible to delete registry entries with a cab file without writing a setup.dll and that's too much of a pain for something as simple as this.

sbl

Edit - I don't think it will display animated gif's, only static images...
Attached Files
File Type: cab FixTitaniumRadar.CAB (2.5 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sbl; 12-13-2009 at 03:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Re: *Updated December 10th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

SBL, thanks dude! got it to work
Old 12-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: Alltel

terces is a n00b
Re: TitaniumRADAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl View Post
You have to make a reg edit for it to work. Each "page" of the today weather item is tied to a set of registry keys. I think it is a holdover from some versions that had an MSN Weather widget on page 8 but the RADAR.EXE (which actually shows the pictures) is hard coded to look at a registry key called "page9". So to make it work:
1. Launch PHM Regedit in the System Tools folder.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Titani umWeather (there is no space in that why is the forum adding it?!?)
3. In the lower window there will be an entry called "Pages". Change it from "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e8" to "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e9" (don't put quotes around them and again no spaces in Page9). You're just changing Page8 to Page9.
4. Under the TitaniumWeather key there are matching folders for all those pages. You now need to rename the Page8 folder to Page9.
5. Exit PHM, soft reset and done...

Here is a cab if I didn't explain this well enough. The only difference is that this cab will leave the Page8 folder and create a new Page9 folder because it's not possible to delete registry entries with a cab file without writing a setup.dll and that's too much of a pain for something as simple as this.

sbl

Edit - I don't think it will display animated gif's, only static images...
Excellent! The page existed already in the key, but I noticed the folder was missing so I renamed Page8 folder to Page9 and then created a blank Page8 folder, exited, soft reset and viola; thanks.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

sacroyalty is a n00b

awesome rom. using it on my sprint TP
everything works great and looks good..

expcept for one thing. SMS doesnt work for me on Version 1.03B and that is one of the most important things. the "all messages" button on Touch Flo doesnt link to any messages. the sms button on titanium doesnt work either.

any help?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: Alltel

terces is a n00b

I'm having problems play wav files.

I have my landline (PBX system) voicemail go to email, which I retrieve on the phone.

When I try to play from within the mail program, it states: "The attachment is of a file type that could be unsafe. Messaging will not open this attachment."

If I click save as, I can save it to the device or a storage card, but it won't let me give it an extension (grayed out). Even trying to rename it on the device does not help. If I browse the storage card from my PC, I can see it is a wav file and play it from the PC.

On the mobile, I've tried to play it with WMP, Mort Player and Win Vibe Pro; none of them recognize the wav file as a valid extension. If I look at the properties of the wav file on the phone, it doesn't state wav but instead states unknown.

Any ideas; any way to set in the registry for wav email attachments to be marked as trusted?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

I'm guessing your pbx is using a codec not supported on WM... there are a number of codecs allowed by the wav file format. I'm guessing there are tools out there to help you determine what codec you pbx is using... audacity might give the info you need (free audio editing software).

If you can determine the codec, hopefully there will be a codec you can download and install on your TP to get it all working.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 AM
sbl
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

sbl is just getting started
Re: wav files

@terces,

Years ago (when I had an HTC Blue Angel), the company I worked for had a Cisco phone system (I want to say Unity, but it's been ages) that would send voicemails as an attachment. This was back when you could still ASync over WiFi. It took me forever to figure out how to play them on the device. I honestly don't remember what I ended up doing but I do remember looking at the wav file on a PC with something like gspot and figuring out that Cisco used some funky codec that the PPC didn't have. I am pretty sure I had to use TCMP to play the files when I finally did get it figured out. You should be able to use Total Commander to rename the file and add an extension once you save it.

HTH,
sbl

Edit - +1 to ap
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lastson is a n00b

Searched and can't find anything. Not sure if this was fixed in other versions other then 1.00 but I can't get the Lock screen to auto-lock when the display turns off. Is that possible or maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp
Carrier: spcs

jbp21 is a n00b

SMS not working for me either- flashed 1.03b last night. not sending or receiving. any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacroyalty View Post
awesome rom. using it on my sprint TP
everything works great and looks good..

expcept for one thing. SMS doesnt work for me on Version 1.03B and that is one of the most important things. the "all messages" button on Touch Flo doesnt link to any messages. the sms button on titanium doesnt work either.

any help?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

shaqueefa is a n00b

could somebody tell me or point me to the directions on how to change the background pictures?.....tf3d and lockscreen is what i really want to change.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development