Lurker

sbl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TitaniumRADAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by terces View Post
Having a problem with the TitaniumRADAR:

An error occurred on sub_main_app_start; it fails to load.

I have this url in for the radar:

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...inmaSIRIA_.gif

I've tried other url's too and receive the same error message.
You have to make a reg edit for it to work. Each "page" of the today weather item is tied to a set of registry keys. I think it is a holdover from some versions that had an MSN Weather widget on page 8 but the RADAR.EXE (which actually shows the pictures) is hard coded to look at a registry key called "page9". So to make it work:
1. Launch PHM Regedit in the System Tools folder.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Titani umWeather (there is no space in that why is the forum adding it?!?)
3. In the lower window there will be an entry called "Pages". Change it from "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e8" to "Page1;Page2;Page3;Page4;Page5;Page6;Page7;Pag e9" (don't put quotes around them and again no spaces in Page9). You're just changing Page8 to Page9.
4. Under the TitaniumWeather key there are matching folders for all those pages. You now need to rename the Page8 folder to Page9.
5. Exit PHM, soft reset and done...

Here is a cab if I didn't explain this well enough. The only difference is that this cab will leave the Page8 folder and create a new Page9 folder because it's not possible to delete registry entries with a cab file without writing a setup.dll and that's too much of a pain for something as simple as this.

sbl

Edit - I don't think it will display animated gif's, only static images...
Attached Files
File Type: cab FixTitaniumRadar.CAB (2.5 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sbl; 12-13-2009 at 03:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.