PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mr.jaguar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

ok, excuse the spelling errors, but my dads spelling sucks. this was him bored with lotsa time on his hands.

TP1.12.34F RAPHEEL V1.03.15F SPRINT V1.1100F R SPRINT T PRO V1.00.04f But NAS and 77°70 1. 03. 09F HERMAN 1.03 .09V 1.0 3.1 3F RAPH Spent T Pro VE 1.0 0.0 F Sprint RAPHAEL v1 .03 .1 5F Spent roaidto V1 .0 0.0 0F Sprit v1.11.00 "Telus V1 .0 4.05v
radio r" US cellular v1.07 .06f VPW RAPHAEL v1.03.03f
Rx power (dbm) -97 -94 -96 -96 -93 -88 -94 -96 -93 -96 -98 -93 -93 -95 -93
Rx Ec/Io (db) 17 12 15 10 211 28 23 15 11 16 19 13 25 13 21
Rx FER 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.01 0.00

this is in fountain valley CA

EDIT: hmm.. looks like crap. if I get energetic, I'll fix the typos and the other nasty looking crap.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
You will recieve a letter in the mail if you Roam over 800 minutes for 3 months or more, I am usure the Data limit I think it is 5gb as well, I used the Verizon and am on Sprint andf all it did was seriously mess up my TP, It hard reset's itself like at at least 5 ot 6 times a week since I flashed that Radio, No matter what Rom I use it still hard resets randomly. Took it to a store they didnt know what to do, I reflashed a new radio same thing, It's pissing me off to restore everything so many times. Stick to what you got seriously.

Does anyone know the Stock Radio for the Tp?
Sprint could careless about your data usage as for it is truly unlimited for cell phones. There is another thread on the whole dicussion about this.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul(ret), Touch Pro(ret), Touch Pro2

Armyguy422 is a n00b

Ok, I'm not a noob. I was using a 6800 before I got my tp. But this might be a noob question... If I flash one of these radios to my tp, then will it be using that particular provider's towers? or will it still be running the on the lack of sprint towers in my area?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyguy422 View Post
Ok, I'm not a noob. I was using a 6800 before I got my tp. But this might be a noob question... If I flash one of these radios to my tp, then will it be using that particular provider's towers? or will it still be running the on the lack of sprint towers in my area?
IIRC, you will still be using Sprint towers. It does not actually change your service. The different radios are different versions of the software your phone uses to communicate with cell towers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
Sprint could careless about your data usage as for it is truly unlimited for cell phones. There is another thread on the whole dicussion about this.
the highest month i've ever had was 240gb and nary a word from sprint
Old 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Does anyone have any input on radios that don't cut back to 1x after tethering for a while? Mine does that on Telus 1.04 and I just flashed to the new Sprint 1.12.34 and it happened there, too. The problem is it never seems to find EV-DO again, even after disconnecting the session.

EDIT: 1.12.34 went back to EV-DO without disconnecting the session, though it took a while. I was idle the whole time as far as network usage, too. But the Telus didn't want to get back to EV-DO until I actually restarted the data connection on the TP. So I guess this is an improvement.

Last edited by kevm14; 09-01-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Does anyone have any input on radios that don't cut back to 1x after tethering for a while? Mine does that on Telus 1.04 and I just flashed to the new Sprint 1.12.34 and it happened there, too. The problem is it never seems to find EV-DO again, even after disconnecting the session.

EDIT: 1.12.34 went back to EV-DO without disconnecting the session, though it took a while. I was idle the whole time as far as network usage, too. But the Telus didn't want to get back to EV-DO until I actually restarted the data connection on the TP. So I guess this is an improvement.
I have the same problem with the Telus radio. After going through a 1X spot it won't go back to EVDO until the data connection is closed. Running Palringo, this is a problem for me as the data connection is *never* closed.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

davidva is a n00b

I have a sprint phone, if i flash the radio to a better one per say a verizon version, would the tethering if use pdanet/ics etc.. be more detectable?

Also if i go roaming on the phone(some places i dont get good Sprint Service), i should NOT use tethering as it would be detectable correct?

Thanks,
dee
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidva View Post
I have a sprint phone, if i flash the radio to a better one per say a verizon version, would the tethering if use pdanet/ics etc.. be more detectable?
the radio has nothing to do with this. the vendor that makes the radio actually makes no difference whatsoever. what you're flashing is software that controls how the radio acts, not changing the radio itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidva View Post
Also if i go roaming on the phone(some places i dont get good Sprint Service), i should NOT use tethering as it would be detectable correct
i tether while roaming all the time and have yet to see a charge. so i'd say no, it's not detectable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks4ME View Post
I have the same problem with the Telus radio. After going through a 1X spot it won't go back to EVDO until the data connection is closed. Running Palringo, this is a problem for me as the data connection is *never* closed.
The 1.12.34 sprint radio seems to be better about this, so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development