PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016

When I use these XIP's they overwrite my taskbar icons, signal strength and activesync?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
When I use these XIP's they overwrite my taskbar icons, signal strength and activesync?
Are you using the fixed XIP (i.e. did you download after 2:30 EST 18-Aug)? If not, do that first.

THere is nothing in the XIP that should affect this (though I do comment out some filters). Also read the first post and make sure that you aren't also cooking in ddi and gxdma in your kitchen source. THey are in the XIP.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028

FPOS! Any chance you'll work your magic on the 21054 XIP?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to play - only to make what I need for me. 23016 is fast, seems stable so-far and is the last of this branch before unwelcome UI changes. So the kitchen is closed.

On a different note - anyone who's used both a 23016 XIP from any source other than mine, and mine, could you comment on any differences? Faster or slower? More or less stable? New wierdness or wierdness gone? Etc. I didn't play around with 23016 long enough for a baseline. Closest I could do is compare to 23009 or 21815. 23009 (without my changes) was a dog. 21815 wasn't bad.

Last edited by FormerPalmOS; 08-23-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to play - only to make what I need for me. 23016 is fast, seems stable so-far and is the last of this branch before unwelcome UI changes. So the kitchen is closed.

On a different note - anyone who's used both a 23016 XIP from any source other than mine, and mine, could you comment on any differences? Faster or slower? More or less stable? New wierdness or wierdness gone? Etc. I didn't play around with 23016 long enough for a baseline. Closest I could do is compare to 23009 or 21815. 23009 (without my changes) was a dog. 21815 wasn't bad.
I did play with your 23016, its about the only thing that runs well on my vzw pro. I run things like pocketshield, voice command, manila, touch flo... and i can't run that on a stock XIP. (unless i make the PP 4 megs or something.) It was very stable, but i stopped using it because of all the memory usage the 6.5 takes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

OK - have had some recent stability concerns with 23016 - though it's been good as a daily driver for like a month. Stability issues seem to surround receiving phone calls and the Confetti lock screen.

So I'm going to do one more XIP. What is everyone's favorite SYS that DOES NOT have the new GUI with big round buttons on the bottom? Majority rules and I'll probably work on this over the weekend.

I might also share the ROM if folks are interested. I've been cooking a pretty light stripped down ROM with 12M PP that hauls donkey.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

woolbeo is a n00b

Quote:
OK - have had some recent stability concerns with 23016 - though it's been good as a daily driver for like a month. Stability issues seem to surround receiving phone calls and the Confetti lock screen.

So I'm going to do one more XIP. What is everyone's favorite SYS that DOES NOT have the new GUI with big round buttons on the bottom? Majority rules and I'll probably work on this over the weekend.

I might also share the ROM if folks are interested. I've been cooking a pretty light stripped down ROM with 12M PP that hauls donkey.
I would really appreciate it you shared your ROM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Which one - the current 23016 or the to-be-cooked ROM? I'd have to re-cook the current ROM to remove some personalization, but it's like three button clicks and five minutes to do so. And would you want with or without the HTC Black Slide-2-Answer dialer? My next personal ROM I do NOT plan to include the HTC dialer as an OEM - planning to use the WM6.5 stock dialer instead. There are cabs floating around for the Tachi dialer and the HTC dialer. The HTC dialer I have an OEM isn't 6.5 friendly - Tachi is.

One thought on the dialer though - if I don't include the dialer, I wonder if I lose the call log (the HTC call log files are part of the dialer OEM). Or does WM include a call log of some sort? I don't need anything that looks pretty like HTC's, just something functional. Anyone know?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

woolbeo is a n00b

Quote:
Which one - the current 23016 or the to-be-cooked ROM? I'd have to re-cook the current ROM to remove some personalization, but it's like three button clicks and five minutes to do so. And would you want with or without the HTC Black Slide-2-Answer dialer? My next personal ROM I do NOT plan to include the HTC dialer as an OEM - planning to use the WM6.5 stock dialer instead. There are cabs floating around for the Tachi dialer and the HTC dialer. The HTC dialer I have an OEM isn't 6.5 friendly - Tachi is.

One thought on the dialer though - if I don't include the dialer, I wonder if I lose the call log (the HTC call log files are part of the dialer OEM). Or does WM include a call log of some sort? I don't need anything that looks pretty like HTC's, just something functional. Anyone know?
The current one. The stock dialer is fine with me since the Tachi dialer sucks too much ram for my poor VZW touch pro.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Actually the Tachi dailer is much more memory-friendly than the HTC S2A dialer. The HTC phone canvas takes about 10Mb constantly. The Tachi dialer takes about 4Mb and the WinMo stock dialer takes about 2.

I'll probably post this sometime this weekend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development