PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009

Original 23028 I uploaded was a non-booter. I screwed up where I located the RAM for nk.exe - offset it by one bit. Anyway, fixed that and got it to boot. It's fast. But I don't like the new UI. Going back to 23016 or 23017 - whichever I can find an intact XIP for.

Check original post for 23028 XIP download.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028

23016 up. See OP.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028

OK - debugging a problem installing anything. Start menu locks up after app is installed. Rest of phone working. Reverting to 23016 without tweaks or cachefilt just to check.

EDIT - confirmed it's a problem with cachefilt or boot.hv...

Last edited by FormerPalmOS; 08-18-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016

23016 and 23028 cab install / lock-up problem fixed. Same problem with both - was a bad boot.hv. My bad. If you downloaded before 2:30 am EST 18-Aug you will need to get the updated versions attached in OP. Sorry about that. That's what I get for posting too early... Lesson learned... Again...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

heres the 23403 xip if you wanna give it a shot
Attached Files
File Type: rar 23403_xip.rar (1.10 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

23403? Do you know if that is the new-style UI (larger bottom button area, big round buttons)? Do you know if your XIP has cachefilt.dll intact?

I'll probably stay with 23016 for a while now that the work is done. No more time to invest in this.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
23403? Do you know if that is the new-style UI (larger bottom button area, big round buttons)? Do you know if your XIP has cachefilt.dll intact?

I'll probably stay with 23016 for a while now that the work is done. No more time to invest in this.
yes 23403 its the official 6.5.1 build, im pretty sure it has it, i think its untouched xip too.
Im cooking a rom right now ill let you know if it has the larger GUI
Old 08-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Cool - would be good to have some input if it's the official release. From what device? Care to share a link to the full SYS?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 AM
Mobileunderground.info

okay 23403 is older gui, newer base, start menu is cut off, and softkey bar is still large. I would wait.
Here you go full sys
http://alexauv.com/PPC/SYS/WM65-2340...0-RESV-640.rar
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

FPOS...

Your 23028 boots and is very speedy. I have been using 21828 (as fast as 20771 & 21028 in my opinion) and this is comparable in overall system performance & stability. Better than 23025 I think.

I'm aware you don't get much time these days to divulge in XIP modification but I appreciate your work for the couple weeks while your around!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development