PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
new sys 6.5?
yes...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
yes...
if

Thank you!

Whats the latest 6.1
Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Hey Groove (or any of his faithful followers)... Any suggestions for adding the Rhodium OEM's to ur kitchen? I continue to get an error...and im not sure why.

"searching for DSM" file error on HTC Rhodium Menu Enhancement

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: grooveROM 5 Touch Pro Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
This is a modified version of Calkulin's kitchen. Thanks to Calcu for the kitchen tools and OEM base. Thanks to lllboredlll for the custom kitchen.

Here's a quick and dirty guide to cooking with the grooveROM 5 Kitchen:

1. Download and extract the grooveROM Touch Pro kitchen to your computer

2. Download and extract the latest grooveOEMbase [Touch Pro] to the root of the kitchen folder.

3. Download the latest Touch Pro sys and rom folders here [23001], and extract to the root of your kitchen.

4. You can manually remove any of the program folders in the OEM or SYS folders before cooking if you don't want that program or wait and do it with the kitchen if that folder has an "option.xml" file in it. If it doesn't, you have to remove it manually.

5. If you want to add a program, you will need to find the OEM package somewhere at PPCGeeks (or elsewhere). Calu's kitchen has lots of OEMs that you can download. So does TobeyChris' kitchens. RSToyGuy also has a great thread in this forum with lots of VGA OEMs. Make sure that you delete and redundant files that are in the OEM folder when adding new ones. Redundant files cause errors when building.

6. Run the Build Your Own grooveROM.exe in the root of the kitchen, then select Option 1 - Build a Custom ROM, then then BuildOS will open. Select the programs you want by checking the appropriate boxes. Once your done, click the green button in the upper left corner.

7. Give it a few minutes to process. If there are any errors, that likely means that you have two of the same file somewhere in your OEM folder. Search for the file, and delete one of them - then re run BuildOS. Once Build completes by saying "done" in the bottom right, close BuildOS with the "x" in the upper right corner.

8. A bunch of different programs will run for about five minutes or so, and then you will be taken to either a RUU (Rom Update Utility) or a PP (PagePool) changer. The PagePool changer is optional -- I'm using 24MB PP these days, but anything between 0 and 32 is fine. Close PP changer, the RUU opens.

9. Flash and enjoy.

**Important Notes:

1. You must use my OEMdrivers folder with the SYS. If you seperate the two, you will need to add cprog.exe and tpcutil.dll to the sys.

2. I don't care what you do with my kitchen. You can use any OEM's or files you find, but please give me the proper credit if you post a public ROM with elements of my work, or repost any files. Thanks.

3. If you'd like to donate to me, please click here:

-----------------------------

If you want the grooveROM skinned Tachi Dialer, the OEMs are attached:

were do you put the oem files to make the tachi dialer work ???
Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mrsmdh is just getting started

I took some videos with my phone and I can't find the videos. What is the default folder for videos on this rom?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

I am wanting to try your kitchen again groove. Perhaps you can tell me the steps to changing the "AKU" to change the name in SETTINGS\SYSTEM\ABOUT? I know steps to change rom version and such but can't seem to get to area to change "AKU" And when I use anyones kitchen and any parts in my rom I make sure to list them and give them the proper credit for their work.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

obernow is becoming a great contributor

thanks for the update inda, just flashed the update this morning, running great so far!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Did you update LiveSearch..er, I mean bing (stupid name).
Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Hey Groove (or any of his faithful followers)... Any suggestions for adding the Rhodium OEM's to ur kitchen? I continue to get an error...and im not sure why.

"searching for DSM" file error on HTC Rhodium Menu Enhancement
Sounds like a bad oem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
were do you put the oem files to make the tachi dialer work ???
Read step 5 of the post you quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltech59 View Post
I am wanting to try your kitchen again groove. Perhaps you can tell me the steps to changing the "AKU" to change the name in SETTINGS\SYSTEM\ABOUT? I know steps to change rom version and such but can't seem to get to area to change "AKU" And when I use anyones kitchen and any parts in my rom I make sure to list them and give them the proper credit for their work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmdh View Post
I took some videos with my phone and I can't find the videos. What is the default folder for videos on this rom?
Not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Did you update LiveSearch..er, I mean bing (stupid name).
It's updated as much as the sys from MS is updated.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

flashing... im stuck inside again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development