PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854)

pjtwist2002 05-27-2009 02:45 AM

How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

1 Attachment(s)
This video will walk you through the steps on how to unlock your device, flash a new Rom, and add a theme. This is a great tutorial for new users or users that are a little confused or nervous on how to flash a new ROM and need to see hands on how to do it!:headbang: if you are a little worried and have any further questions feel free to just post a question and I or other helpful users will try to help you out in the best way possible!:p
:wav:

The first walk through on how to unlock phone using hard spl cmonex.
  1. hard spl cmonex
  2. 1st walk through
The second walk through on how to flash a new Rom onto your device.
  1. Mighty ROM
  2. Juicy ROM
  3. Silence Rom
  4. Merdins Rom
  5. Demolition Rom
  6. Calcu's ROMs
  7. Glossman's Blue ROM, Red ROM
  8. Juggalo ROM
  9. DHarvey ROM
  10. 2nd walk through
The third walk through on how to add a theme to your diamond/tp.
  1. Themes
  2. 3rd walk through
Additional resources:
  1. Radios
  2. Freeware
  3. xda developers
It is not required but appreciated if you donate for my work and answering question's. I'm trying to buy a house and i have a baby on the way! Thank you so much!! and God Bless!!!:wav::wav:

I would like to give a special Thank to the people that give donations for my work!

You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.

afx 05-27-2009 03:10 AM

Re: video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp

Hey this seems like some good stuff!

Thanks!

pjtwist2002 05-27-2009 11:23 AM

no problem i love to help out! :)

Fat Tony 05-27-2009 11:44 AM

5 stars and a thanks! This should be a sticky.

I was to the point of returning my TP because I couldn't flash a rom. Then I got a PM telling me how to do it and tadaaa!

This needs to be a sticky. I was looking for an update to Mighty's Rom and I used search, I only came up with 100+ pages. Luckily it was in the first 7.

Nice work.

tsowen 05-27-2009 11:47 AM

Thread Temp Stickied, nice job OP.

pjtwist2002 05-28-2009 04:13 PM

thank you i think this will help a lot of users! and users feel free to post your comments and questions i will try to answer them everyday! your friend pj

samzion 05-28-2009 10:49 PM

Hey, thank thank thank thank you very much for creating this post, OP. I honestly have the Pro since the release date and couldn't figured out to unlock it (I actually gave up many months ago)...until now, lol. Well, I probably didn't want to figure it out since I was scared to brick my phone and since it is now visual, makes me not as worried, lol.

I'm downloading mighthy rom now. Can you have more than one ROM install on the Pro? Thanks again!!!

pjtwist2002 05-29-2009 05:25 PM

yea i was same way so many people saying you could brick your phone i was scared to until i did it so i wanted to help out other users! :) but im not sure what you mean by more than one like same time? you may flash one Rom such as mighty 5 but if you don't like it you can just flash a different rom sameway as before. i hope that answered your q

diplomat2387 05-30-2009 08:10 PM

Re: How To Flash Video Walk Through!

This definitely helps alot...Im too scared to flash a rom...Afraid of bricking my phone...Anybody in CT want to flash a phone...LoL..

pjtwist2002 05-30-2009 10:47 PM

i was same way its not as hard as it seems with these videos it very easy if u would like we can set on a day to get on aim or skype at same time and i will walk you through it i dont recommend sending your phone to anyone you don't know personally! lol

diplomat2387 05-31-2009 10:39 AM

Thanks Pj...Maybe we can get on AIM this Thursday so u can help me out...

madcook 05-31-2009 11:02 AM

nice find i dont need it but its good for noobs

pjtwist2002 05-31-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 946041)
Thanks Pj...Maybe we can get on AIM this Thursday so u can help me out...

yea that should be good idk if i have to work or not but just shoot me a PM and we can set it up! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salisburyl
nice find i dont need it but its good for noobs

diplomat2387 06-02-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 (Post 946340)
yea that should be good idk if i have to work or not but just shoot me a PM and we can set it up! :)

Thanks again man...U helped out alot...Getting on AIM and walking me through the process really helped my nerves...Appreciate it again..

fnakfhe 06-05-2009 10:50 AM

Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 (Post 937720)
I came across this video walk through on how to unlock your device, flash a new Rom, and add a theme. This is a great tutorial for new users or users that are a little confused on how to flash and need to see hands on how to do it!:headbang:

1. hard spl cmonex
  2. 1st walk through
  1. Mighty ROM
  2. Juicy ROM
  3. Silence Rom
  4. Merdins Rom
  5. Demolition Rom
  6. Calcu's ROMs
  7. Groove ROM 3
  8. Glossman's Blue ROM, Red ROM
  9. Juggalo ROM
  10. DHarvey ROM
  11. 2nd walk through
  1. Themes
  2. 3rd walk through
Additional resources:
  1. Radios
  2. Freeware
  3. xda developers
A SPECIAL THANKS TO FISHY FOR THE WALK THROUGH ON YOUTUBE.COM
You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.

good work.

Now please make a psot on how to go back to stock,

even for us guys on BELL.

I have to return my phone to bell, and it must be stock,

Problem is the radio verison, since we dont have a signed rom image (only a dumped image) the radio will notgo back automaticly.

so we must flash the radio manulay but i dont know what version we have on bell.

help me.

basilray 06-05-2009 12:06 PM

Anyone available on AIM to answer a few basic questions for a first time Flasher?

I've already watched the tutorial and unlocked my phone...but have a few basic questions that weren't answered. I'm a technical support trainer...so it's not like I'm an idiot...just worried about the possibility of being w/o a phone if I mess it all up!

Thanks!

pjtwist2002 06-05-2009 04:49 PM

yea im available to answer any qs and set a date n time and i will walk you through it like i have for many people but just pm when u want :)

p.s. i will look into the stock rom for bell when i can but idk lol :/

pjtwist2002 06-10-2009 11:03 PM

ive looked into the bell issue i have a page on how to return to stock just search for it and all the information is on there! thank you for your post and sorry it took me so long

551skydiver 06-12-2009 01:39 AM

[
You will need to back up atleast your pim (contacts) or all data i personally recommend this program to back up data from your phone.[/quote]

1st. nice walk through! helped out this noob! I successfully flashed 2 times!!!!!!!! gotta luv this stuff. :) props to you and many thanks.

2nd. tried this backup program and also did an activesync. but the backup program is not compatible with wm6.5 pro??? it gets stuck on restore. I went from stock TP rom to mightmikes and juicys and same problem. Is there a version of this backup program that can bridge the gap between the 2 OS ver's? Anyone? otherwise ima going to have to go back to stock :( and start over.

3rd. why wont wm device center restore once I flash to a new rom? is there a work around to this?

coolguy949 06-12-2009 11:24 AM

Thanks for the videos. Very helpful for a first time unlocker in making sure I was doing all the right steps.

pjtwist2002 06-12-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 551skydiver (Post 970191)
[

1st. nice walk through! helped out this noob! I successfully flashed 2 times!!!!!!!! gotta luv this stuff. :) props to you and many thanks.

2nd. tried this backup program and also did an activesync. but the backup program is not compatible with wm6.5 pro??? it gets stuck on restore. I went from stock TP rom to mightmikes and juicys and same problem. Is there a version of this backup program that can bridge the gap between the 2 OS ver's? Anyone? otherwise ima going to have to go back to stock :( and start over.

3rd. why wont wm device center restore once I flash to a new rom? is there a work around to this?

glad i could help but im not quite sure what ur talking bout with the backup program it works no matter what ive had all of them but what u need to do is install, activate, let it sit, then click restore and the click on file name u backed up to then let it sit for a min or 2 then click the box (ok) when its done and that should work if not trying making one name then backing it up to a different name then try to restore cuz who knows maybe u backed up wrong? let us know im interested now lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy949 (Post 970669)
Thanks for the videos. Very helpful for a first time unlocker in making sure I was doing all the right steps.

no problem glad i could help! :)

htcpro25 06-12-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 (Post 937720)
This video will walk you through the steps on how to unlock your device, flash a new Rom, and add a theme. This is a great tutorial for new users or users that are a little confused on how to flash and need to see hands on how to do it!:headbang: if you are a little worried and have any further questions feel free to just post a question i answer all questions everyday or i try to at least!:p

:wav:

1. hard spl cmonex
  2. 1st walk through
  1. Mighty ROM
  2. Juicy ROM
  3. Silence Rom
  4. Merdins Rom
  5. Demolition Rom
  6. Calcu's ROMs
  7. Groove ROM 3
  8. Glossman's Blue ROM, Red ROM
  9. Juggalo ROM
  10. DHarvey ROM
  11. 2nd walk through
  1. Themes
  2. 3rd walk through
Additional resources:
  1. Radios
  2. Freeware
  3. xda developers
A SPECIAL THANKS TO FISHY FOR THE WALK THROUGH ON YOUTUBE.COM

Thanks for the videos!! I knew I needed to flash the MightRom5 as the sprint rom was beyond rediculious, but was too much of a noob to try it. I got it on and it's great so much faster.. would have never tried it without the videos. Thanks Again and thanks to Mike for the great MightyRom5

CodiHClark 06-12-2009 11:54 PM

Do i just need to download the latest mightyrom version and thats it?

CodiHClark 06-13-2009 12:15 AM

garapyuto 06-13-2009 12:39 PM

Great sticky! You have shown me that flashing ROM is not so hard. Doing it now, and am very thankful for your work!

centman 06-13-2009 10:22 PM

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this but do have a sound understanding on how it's done. I see you refer to your touch pro as a diamond. I just have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Will your instructions work on mine or only on a Diamond?? Thanks

BRIVERS73 06-14-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centman (Post 973672)
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this but do have a sound understanding on how it's done. I see you refer to your touch pro as a diamond. I just have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. Will your instructions work on mine or only on a Diamond?? Thanks

As stated in the video the only thing different between unlocking the Diamond & the PRO are the links he's giving out.... If your not sure then just follow this... it will help u through...

centman 06-15-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 974261)
As stated in the video the only thing different between unlocking the Diamond & the PRO are the links he's giving out.... If your not sure then just follow this... it will help u through...

Thanks for the response:). Yes I did see or hear where he mentioned that and that's why I am not doing it as of yet. Does he state which of the links we should be using for the pro as opposed to the diamond?

BRIVERS73 06-15-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centman (Post 975662)
Thanks for the response:). Yes I did see or hear where he mentioned that and that's why I am not doing it as of yet. Does he state which of the links we should be using for the pro as opposed to the diamond?

Check your PM

pjtwist2002 06-15-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodiHClark (Post 972150)

you need to watch the walk through u download any rom you want from my rom selection links and the hard spl unlocker thats included to so make sure u unlock first!

Quote:

Originally Posted by centman (Post 975662)

ok all the links for the touch pro are on this page the links for the diamond is on youtube not the thread! if u have any more q's plz send me a PM and i will get back to you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 975690)
Check your PM

thank you journeyman for helping me out ive been busy gonna be relocating soon so hard to get on everyday now thank you again!!=D>

centman 06-16-2009 07:08 PM

My Hats off to PJTwist2002. T Y
=D>

bryanthomas007 06-17-2009 04:27 PM

This is the best tutorial that I have seen thus far on how to flash a ROM. You have opened up so many possibilities for the Sprint Touch Pro because now I can get rid of that crappy Sprint stock TP ROM. Thanks allot. I am going to flash the MightyROM tonight and use XBox's TP2 Rhodium Theme. One question is the radio included in the MightyROM and if not from where do I get it?:drunken:

razorloves 06-17-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanthomas007 (Post 980925)
This is the best tutorial that I have seen thus far on how to flash a ROM. You have opened up so many possibilities for the Sprint Touch Pro because now I can get rid of that crappy Sprint stock TP ROM. Thanks allot. I am going to flash the MightyROM tonight and use XBox's TP2 Rhodium Theme. One question is the radio included in the MightyROM and if not from where do I get it?:drunken:

radios are not included in custom roms. when you flash a custom rom you're old one stays there. but if you want to flash to a different radio, you can do that with the 9 different ones available here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

mig407 06-18-2009 06:41 AM

ok so i connect the phone to the comp with the data link cable...do i leave the micro sd card in the phone or remove it?

razorloves 06-18-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mig407 (Post 982094)
ok so i connect the phone to the comp with the data link cable...do i leave the micro sd card in the phone or remove it?

It does not matter if you leave it in or out, if you are following the video tutorial.

spencer8fire 06-19-2009 08:04 PM

I'm a total NOOB! BTW thank you for this. I wouldn't know where else to start. I am stuck though. I did step 1 and unlocked my phone successfully. Step 2, not so much. I downloaded a ROM not listed under step 2. It's actually EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix'. I opened up the zip file, clicked on Custom_RUU.exe and nothing happened. I do have activesync running since I am on windows xp. What am I doing wrong? I've read this whole thread and watched all the videos. ????

razorloves 06-19-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencer8fire (Post 985404)
I'm a total NOOB! BTW thank you for this. I wouldn't know where else to start. I am stuck though. I did step 1 and unlocked my phone successfully. Step 2, not so much. I downloaded a ROM not listed under step 2. It's actually EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix'. I opened up the zip file, clicked on Custom_RUU.exe and nothing happened. I do have activesync running since I am on windows xp. What am I doing wrong? I've read this whole thread and watched all the videos. ????

Several people have been having that problem with that rom. Just download and extact this RUU folder here, then take the nbh file out of the energy rom download, and put it into the new RUU folder then run the romupdateutility.exe in the new RUU folder and the flashing will begin.

spencer8fire 06-19-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 985413)
Several people have been having that problem with that rom. Just download and extact this RUU folder here, then take the nbh file out of the energy rom download, and put it into the new RUU folder then run the romupdateutility.exe in the new RUU folder and the flashing will begin.

Thank you so much bro! That did it. Now, if there's ever an updated version on this ROM that I want to load do I just replace the nbh file in the RUU folder and then run the romupdateutility? Thanks again for answering my q? so fast.

razorloves 06-19-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencer8fire (Post 985435)
Thank you so much bro! That did it. Now, if there's ever an updated version on this ROM that I want to load do I just replace the nbh file in the RUU folder and then run the romupdateutility? Thanks again for answering my q? so fast.

yep, just replace the nbh, but hopefully the problem will be fixed by NRGZ and his roms won't do that anymore.
You're very welcome man. anytime

spencer8fire 06-20-2009 03:36 PM

I've searched and watched the video for installing a theme and I'm lost, again. I downloaded 2 zip files, sdkcerts and the theme I wanted. I unzipped sdkcerts but I don't know what to do with it. I figured out how to unlock and flash but this is hanging me up and I don't like asking for help, but I must. How do I install this thing? Thanks in advance.