PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro herman
Carrier: us cellular

gagun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you dont have to put it into bootloader mode to flash it. that's just one of a few different ways to flash. Activesync will not see the phone when you do it that way, so don't worry about that.
here's how to flash
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

and i already gave you a more in depth link for doing it from sd card.
yeah i just tried it and i failed. after i found the rom i wanted it came with a bunch of files and only one nbh file named RUU_signed.nbh, so i ranamed that file to RALPHIMG.nbh and put it in my sd card (deleted the unlocker.nbh file that was in my sd card's root folder because it had the same name as RALPHIMG.nbh) and then i did the bootloader thing (power + volume down + soft reset) and it just gave me the same RGB screen.

i currently have a custom rom installed on my phone, do i need to get rid of it first or does flashing do that for me?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagun View Post
yeah i just tried it and i failed. after i found the rom i wanted it came with a bunch of files and only one nbh file named RUU_signed.nbh, so i ranamed that file to RALPHIMG.nbh and put it in my sd card (deleted the unlocker.nbh file that was in my sd card's root folder because it had the same name as RALPHIMG.nbh) and then i did the bootloader thing (power + volume down + soft reset) and it just gave me the same RGB screen.

i currently have a custom rom installed on my phone, do i need to get rid of it first or does flashing do that for me?
you are naming it wrong
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Lurker

gagun is a n00b

Quote:
you are naming it wrong
sorry that was a typo, i put RAPHIMG.nbh

also on the bootloader it says...

RAPH800
SPL-0.37.CMONEX
MicroP-Herman (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Herman (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

USB
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
sorry that was a typo, i put RAPHIMG.nbh

also on the bootloader it says...

RAPH800
SPL-0.37.CMONEX
MicroP-Herman (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Herman (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

USB
Old 07-31-2010, 03:29 AM
Lurker

gagun is a n00b

Quote:
is your card formated to FAT32?
it sure is. i only roll with the fattest.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
it sure is. i only roll with the fattest.
the tp doesn't like some mem cards. usually only some 16gb ones. there's a good chance that reformating the card may fix your problem. a lot of times people rename the file wrong. like if you have file extensions hidden, then you would rename it to RAPHIMG
not RAPHIMG.nbh

flashing a new rom will erase everything on the phone.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-31-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Lurker

gagun is a n00b

Quote:
the tp doesn't like some mem cards. usually only some 16gb ones. there's a good chance that reformating the card may fix your problem. a lot of times people rename the file wrong. like if you have file extensions hidden, then you would rename it to RAPHIMG
not RAPHIMG.nbh

flashing a new rom will erase everything on the phone.

yeah mines only like a gig or two. ill try reformatting my card. and my extensions arent hidden. yeah i know what u mean, like if u have extensions hidden and u still type RAPHIMG.nbh it would really turn out to be RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh or something.

currently im trying to activesync wirelessly because my sync is acting up.
*EDIT: I just found out it has to be usb connected in order or run RUU*

i just finished trying windows virtual xp and flashing it through that way and i downloaded activesync on that virtual version and everything but it still doesnt work.

Also i found out that when i do the "power + volume down + soft reset" thing it brings up the RGB screen but for a split second it brings up a grey screen that says

No image file!

and then i goes back to the RGB screen.
does it mean my RAPHIMG.nbh file in the sd card isnt legit?
maybe i should try another rom?

(i had to do bootload like 5 times just to read what it said in that split second)

Last edited by gagun; 07-31-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Lurker

gagun is a n00b

Quote:
yeah mines only like a gig or two. ill try reformatting my card. and my extensions arent hidden. yeah i know what u mean, like if u have extensions hidden and u still type RAPHIMG.nbh it would really turn out to be RAPHIMG.nbh.nbh or something.

currently im trying to activesync wirelessly because my sync is acting up.
*EDIT: I just found out it has to be usb connected in order or run RUU*

i just finished trying windows virtual xp and flashing it through that way and i downloaded activesync on that virtual version and everything but it still doesnt work.

Also i found out that when i do the "power + volume down + soft reset" thing it brings up the RGB screen but for a split second it brings up a grey screen that says

No image file!

and then i goes back to the RGB screen.
does it mean my RAPHIMG.nbh file in the sd card isnt legit?
maybe i should try another rom?

(i had to do bootload like 5 times just to read what it said in that split second)

I GOT IT!!!!
ok so what i did was i simply read another post with the exact same problem as mine and razor was helping that guy out too.

but i thought that if my phone is in bootloader mode, it wont be able to sync to my computer, but that wasnt the case. it does sync to my computer.

so i just put it into bootloader mode and ran the RUU and it worked without errors!

yayyy!! thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I GOT IT!!!!
ok so what i did was i simply read another post with the exact same problem as mine and razor was helping that guy out too.

but i thought that if my phone is in bootloader mode, it wont be able to sync to my computer, but that wasnt the case. it does sync to my computer.

so i just put it into bootloader mode and ran the RUU and it worked without errors!

yayyy!! thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! greatly appreciate it.
geez. finally. lol. jk. i told you earlier not to worry about acticesync when you put it into bootloader... and it tells you in the link i gave you too. the computer makes a connection but it does not sync.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: sprint

cowboy289 is a n00b

good stuff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development