PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [June 13] <!...dcd's hermann ROM 1.02...!> Base [WM6.5] {May 29}beta 0.96 W

Hey DCD, what are your thoughts on 6.5? I've always got the impression that you like stable builds over the shiny new bug filled builds. are you happy with it? i've got your 1.02 loaded now and although i'm not a fan of 6.5, yours seems to be the best i've tried.

also what 3rd party apps do you run? i know that you had Gfxboost on your first rom and i'm guessing you still use it, but i'd like to know what other apps you find useful.

Thanks again for all your work.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] [June 13] <!...dcd's hermann ROM 1.02...!> Base [WM6.5] {May 29}beta 0.96 W

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
one of you vzw people got AIM or MSN?
Hey DCD, Nice to see you posting. I always used your Titan roms.

I have MSN
Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: alltel

billblack is just getting started

I see 1.03 is up. details? Welcome back DCD, we missed you.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
.96 is still faster IMO.

Let me try need for speed......It works.
Aghghhhghh whyyyyy, whyyyyy, hehehehe. Thanks a lot for testing!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

k9mosk is a n00b

Has anybody encountered an issue on dcd 1.02 with the keyboard. When trying to enter any text on the qwerty it seems to lock up. The caps light turns on and the first letters no matter what are "UioA" and then the number 4 repeats forever.
I first thought it was maybe dcd6.5 having an issue so i decided to go back to dcd .96 but the problem reappered. It doesn't make any sense, there is nothing installed to cause any issue. Plus a hard reset should have erased any problems.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mosk View Post
Has anybody encountered an issue on dcd 1.02 with the keyboard. When trying to enter any text on the qwerty it seems to lock up. The caps light turns on and the first letters no matter what are "UioA" and then the number 4 repeats forever.
I first thought it was maybe dcd6.5 having an issue so i decided to go back to dcd .96 but the problem reappered. It doesn't make any sense, there is nothing installed to cause any issue. Plus a hard reset should have erased any problems.
i've been using 1.02 since it dropped and haven't had that problem at all. i used .96 for a while too. nothin. i hope your keyboard aint goin bad. i would flash back to the shipped rom if i were you and see if it does it again. if so, time for a warranty replacement

Last edited by razorloves; 06-17-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mosk View Post
Sounds like your hardware keyboard is dying...i just had my TP replaced because the "space" key died and would lock up the entire keyboard...try using the on screen keyboard and see if it works, it'll give you a better idea on it being a hardware problem...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

k9mosk is a n00b

Well that would really suck the phone is brand new haven't had it for 30 days. Well i'll flash back to stock rom or maybe back to mighty 4r, before returning it. Will they give me a new TP or a refurbished one, the only reason I ask is because the sent me this one as a insurance replacment for my mogul. It is a brand new tp I have currently though.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anyone running 1.03? what's the difference from 1.02?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
anyone running 1.03? what's the difference from 1.02?
1.03 was lightning fast for me when I flashed it last night. I was having trouble getting GPS locks (first time in a long time I've had that trouble), but I ran PPST2.01.cab and *228 fixed it. I also was having some difficulty getting the Titanium Weather to work right but overall, the ROM is slim, fast, and stable.

Nate

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development