PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 05:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks4ME View Post
Just happened to notice that somewhere along the line, the wake-up when stylus is pulled out feature started working again.
Ever since Nov 25th new kernel it has worked. I wouldn't say working "again" as I don't believe it has ever worked on Energy prior to that.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aycc is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
main issue i have with the newest 2.5 build is that the battery drains way to fast and really laggy other than that 100 % to everything else.
I think it's caused by the Max Manila.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hey, I just noticed in teh advanced config tools that there is a setting for keyboard backlight timeout. The default is 10 second. I ijust changed mine to 30 seconds and did a soft reset and...... (waiting)
bummer...still 6 seconds.

Trying "10 minutes"...... (waiting on SR)
hmmm...stays on for 8 to 9 seconds now. Oh well, thought it would work.
None of the settings anywhere seems to make a difference. The only thing that would work is the keyboard driver from nueKBLight and that stopped working recently, probably when NRG switched to the new kernel.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Ok, since this rom (newest 28xxx M2.5 version) doesn't come with a task manager, I installed the xperia task manager. Works good, but it has a small white rectangle over the clock in the corner now. Also upon a soft reset, I have to go to \Windows\Startup and run the intercept.exe and then run it again because the manila is off position. Are there any other alternative task managers? This one works just fine for now since I don't see any other way of closing programs other than soft resetting. There's not even a task manager under Settings\System. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the clock in the corner and just have a task manager there? I know the x button only minimizes a program, so I'd like to have a way of closing things. I just love having a bunch of apps running in the background without me knowing it so the phone's dead within an hour.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
NRGZ
XDA Posted

Maxy I'd like to apologize for all the EnergyROM users coming in here and pissing and moaning that things don't work on their VGA phones. I thought I was doing a good thing by spreading the word of your great work, but didn't expect my users to come here and bitch about the latest 2.6 release not being perfect. If any of you read this, and you know who you are, please stop moaning in this thread and let Maxy FINISH, before complaining. I would like to incorporate MaxManila in my ROMs at some point, but not if it means you guys are going to flood Maxy and his thread with demands. Thank you.

p.s. MaxManila rules as the best homescreen mod, yet!
You were here flood posting your maxmanila screenshots in this thread... How would you not expect questions to come up about it?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ShowYouHow is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the great work and constant updates. I tried both of the latest Standard Max Manila roms. I've been digging the Sense candy, though usually stay within Titanium. Without adding any apps, the only change I'm making is restoring old contacts/appointments/email/SMS - and it seems shortly after, my Sprint TP would lock up requiring a soft reset, only to freeze up while booting at the radio version screen. I even found myself having to attempt a HARD reset using (power/vol down/enter) and taking a half dozen or more attempts before it would actually work.

The only things that were a problem was getting MMS to work on it's own. (HTC messaging) The messages wouldn't send. Oh, and the dialer screen, once connected, would bring me to the dark FLASH/MUTE/SPEAKER status screen. I couldn't figure out how to bring up a keypad to punch in my voicemail commands. Did I miss an add-on?

Otherwise, these ROMS have the things I like w/o the bloat that I don't. I just worry about these freeze-ups and wonder if I messed up something deeper on my TP along the way.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Admittedly, I have NOT reflashed to STOCK before flashing the ROMS - so I wonder if using an OEM clean up ROM before going custom really would make the difference in this problem. (Knowing it's recommended)

Last edited by ShowYouHow; 12-13-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Forgot to give feedback on the dialer problem encountered
Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Ok, since this rom (newest 28xxx M2.5 version) doesn't come with a task manager, I installed the xperia task manager. Works good, but it has a small white rectangle over the clock in the corner now. Also upon a soft reset, I have to go to \Windows\Startup and run the intercept.exe and then run it again because the manila is off position. Are there any other alternative task managers? This one works just fine for now since I don't see any other way of closing programs other than soft resetting. There's not even a task manager under Settings\System. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the clock in the corner and just have a task manager there? I know the x button only minimizes a program, so I'd like to have a way of closing things. I just love having a bunch of apps running in the background without me knowing it so the phone's dead within an hour.

hmmm task manager? what about the one you get when you hold down the call key? its all i need....

Droidrox39
Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
You were here flood posting your maxmanila screenshots in this thread... How would you not expect questions to come up about it?

ok so he doesnt want you in someone elses thread CRYING and WHINING. read what he wrote for whatever reason he directed the comment at people who "know who you are" .If you aint one of em ...
Old 12-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Eddiekane is a n00b

Not sure if anybody has commented about this yet but there are way too many pages to search through! Everything is working great except the weather. It is pulling up my location but all of my temperatures are 0 degrees or lower and its between 30 and 50 here right now. Can anyone help?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYouHow View Post
Admittedly, I have NOT reflashed to STOCK before flashing the ROMS - so I wonder if using an OEM clean up ROM before going custom really would make the difference in this problem. (Knowing it's recommended)
ShowYouHow,

You have got to do the Flash Dance, as they call it. The problems that you describe are extremely typical of not flashing back to a stock ROM first. Hard Reset, Flash to Stock, Hard Reset, Flash to EnergyROM and one final Hard Reset. This should fix you right up and you will also probably see a speed up of your device.

pea****93

Last edited by peacock93; 12-13-2009 at 09:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro