PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremy007 View Post
Hey BenS, are you thinking about getting the Evo too? I am considering it but am already going through Windows Mobile withdrawl symptoms. Have you heard anything good (besides what's available on sprint.com and stuff? I want NO REGRETS, actually I will let the wife get hers first but any info would be appreciated.
I went on the list weeks ago for my EVO. I have been following the EVO for over two months. And waiting for the 4th to get here is taking forever! The future is either Windows Phone 7 (which I don't like the layout at all. It's like looking at a two page article but only able to see one page at a time.), iPhone (just plain sucks!), or Android (Hang out at the Android section here or any Android forum and see what everyone is saying) With Android being open source, the EVO already rooted and Froyo installed before release date...there is a HUGE community support for Android. Why HTC released the HD2 with WM6.5 is beyond me....that OS is history unfortunately. FYI: They are already a custom rom for the EVO and it's not being released until June4th. lol
Old 05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

mremy007 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mremy007 Send a message via Yahoo to mremy007
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
I went on the list weeks ago for my EVO. I have been following the EVO for over two months. And waiting for the 4th to get here is taking forever! The future is either Windows Phone 7 (which I don't like the layout at all. It's like looking at a two page article but only able to see one page at a time.), iPhone (just plain sucks!), or Android (Hang out at the Android section here or any Android forum and see what everyone is saying) With Android being open source, the EVO already rooted and Froyo installed before release date...there is a HUGE community support for Android. Why HTC released the HD2 with WM6.5 is beyond me....that OS is history unfortunately. FYI: They are already a custom rom for the EVO and it's not being released until June4th. lol
Sounds exciting! Didn't know that there was a list. Well, I guess the battle is on the wait for the "actual" release of this phenom as I'm sure that this will be like a "tickle me Elmo" type of deal. I shall place myself on the list at least for my wife. Still debating if I should get the Evo or the touch 2 for myself. The reviews are awesome but unclear as to the Qik-powered two-way video chat. Need to know if:

1 - Will this work in a 3G?
2 - Will this be a $5 up charge to enjoy?
3 - How good will the quality be?

If the answers are all yes, that may push me over to this Evo. Pretty cheap too. Thought it would be a 4 or $500 phone. Thanks for the info. I will check out the forums. Got a link perhaps?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Hey BenS, are you thinking about getting the Evo too? I am considering it but am already going through Windows Mobile withdrawl symptoms. Have you heard anything good (besides what's available on sprint.com and stuff? I want NO REGRETS, actually I will let the wife get hers first but any info would be appreciated.
You can get all the answers to the questions that you have basically about the EVO here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181 I preordered mine on the 19th and can't wait. I think wimo was nice and probably could be alot better if they were powered by bigger processors than they have been. I'm not sure what drives the HD2, it might be a snapdragon for all I know. I am a little over having to work my phone constantly to get it to perform but it was fun while it lasted. I definitely appreciate all the work the chefs did for us for without their tireless efforts I'd probably have gone back to a flip phone if it wasn't for them. My friend had the incredible and that thing is awesome. I mean when you ask the device to do something it does it without a hiccup as far as I've seen. So I'm expecting the EVO to be no less but better.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sounds exciting! Didn't know that there was a list. Well, I guess the battle is on the wait for the "actual" release of this phenom as I'm sure that this will be like a "tickle me Elmo" type of deal. I shall place myself on the list at least for my wife. Still debating if I should get the Evo or the touch 2 for myself. The reviews are awesome but unclear as to the Qik-powered two-way video chat. Need to know if:

1 - Will this work in a 3G?
2 - Will this be a $5 up charge to enjoy?
3 - How good will the quality be?

If the answers are all yes, that may push me over to this Evo. Pretty cheap too. Thought it would be a 4 or $500 phone. Thanks for the info. I will check out the forums. Got a link perhaps?
Guys if I step out of line talking too much off topic let me know. There is regular QIK and then there will be a premium version. QIK will run on 3G (I actually have the software installed on my TP). It seems to have about a 1min buffer before it eventually disconnects. Yes, the premium version is $5 more a month but not required. The quality on my TP is decent. Do a search on youtube for "EVO QIK" there are tons of videos people have been posting on the regarding the EVO. There was a Google IO event where 5000 HTC EVO's were given out to developers and many have been sold on Ebay (83 still on there last I checked, tho very expensive). So everyday more and more people are posting videos about this phone.

Sorry BenS if I jumped in front of you bud. Yes the HD2 has a snapdragon in it.

QIK Application for WinMo (There is a bug that it displays image 90degrees on your phone but it streams correctly)
qik_sp_0.2.44.cab
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started

I kinda wonder why NRG hates the Touch Pro so much. I notice that he really works harder on other ROMs than this one. Other devices get multiple updates where the Touch Pro might not get one at all. If it does, it'll be days later than the other devices.

Anyone know why?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton View Post
I kinda wonder why NRG hates the Touch Pro so much. I notice that he really works harder on other ROMs than this one. Other devices get multiple updates where the Touch Pro might not get one at all. If it does, it'll be days later than the other devices.

Anyone know why?
uh this phone is dead and he doesn't even own a CDma touch pro. He's basically been making roms for this device out of the kindness of his own heart. I'm hoping he gets an android phone and learns to cook roms for the evo.. I doubt it though since I don't believe he'll get a sprint phone just to make roms but I guess he did it for the touch pro but at least they were all winmo then again what the hell do I know

Last edited by BenS; 05-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

asuh is just getting started

I have been trying to load the newest May 13 ROMs:
Energy.RAPHAEL.21903.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.13
Energy.RAPHAEL.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.13

I am now experiencing nothing but the reboot loop. It won't load anything at all. I have to always go back to stock ROM just to get into WM.

I've tried Task29 but this doesn't seem to be working for me either.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670358

I really have no clue how to properly load the May 13 ROM and am a little afraid this is gonna be the same result for all the new ROMs. I thought about using the May 10 ROM here on PPCGeeks but the May 13 ROM is supposed to be a correction for things not working right.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Does PPCGeeks have the CDMA and XDA have only GSM? I've been trying to load the XDA May 13 ROM. That's weird.

Last edited by asuh; 05-29-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post

I am now experiencing nothing but the reboot loop. It won't load anything at all. I have to always go back to stock ROM just to get into WM.

I really have no clue how to properly load the May 13 ROM and am a little afraid this is gonna be the same result for all the new ROMs. I thought about using the May 10 ROM here on PPCGeeks but the May 13 ROM is supposed to be a correction for things not working right.

My guess is that you are attempting to load a GSM rom on to a CDMA phone.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post

EDIT: Does PPCGeeks have the CDMA and XDA have only GSM? I've been trying to load the XDA May 13 ROM. That's weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
My guess is that you are attempting to load a GSM rom on to a CDMA phone.
You are trying to load the GSM version of the rom on your sprint phone. Go to the first two messages on this forum. The link to Download the rom for cdma is on the second post. All you have to do is decide which one you want. Good luck!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton View Post
I kinda wonder why NRG hates the Touch Pro so much. I notice that he really works harder on other ROMs than this one...
In addition to what BenS said, from following NRG's tweets, he's recently made some major changes to his kitchen & is still working out some kinks. Looks like we'll get new TP ROMs in the very near future.

I'm not sure I'd call the TP "dead", but it is the victim of the incentivized contract renewal system. I'm not tied down to a contract, so other than Android, there's precious little that newer phones offer that's compelling to me. My TP does everything I need & want quite well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro