PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney37 View Post
Reinstalling made no difference. Have tried it on two XP machines, both report inability to recognize USB device. Will try later on Win7. Not sure what is going on with this, i have been using Energy ROMs for a few months now. This new ROM looks great/clean, just having issues w/Activesync.
Have you tried using different usb cables?
I've also had issues with win7 taking a really long time to connect to the phone but I havn't really looked into why yet
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

ya good call, prob a good time to try another cable and at least try and narrow the problem down a bit
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

tijkane is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Originally Posted by darkflare999
Hey guys im having a serious issue with mine...heres what happened....i have the sense 2.5 cookie home tab but not the apr 18. version..i think the one before like the 8th or 9th of apr....everything has been working perfectly up to now....this morning i my tp was working and i was on palringo messenger...put it back on the charger came back and noticed my screen didnt lock or the backlight didn't turn off...took it off the charger and the screen turned completely white...s0o i hard reset cuz i had no choice and the phone didnt want to start up and stayed on the touch pro first screen.....then i tried again and now it stays on the htc quietly brilliant screen and nothing else..screen goes dim...keyboard lights up once....if i get a call it lights up and i cant answer it and after that phone shuts off??? help!!!!!??? plz? i hope its not bricked even though i wont understand how...
Hi,
I am having the same issue( I am using the same ROM). the phone would work for a few hours and crash again. I have flashed the phone 4 times already.
any input to get this fixed?
Anybody could help me out? Please Please please!
Please. The ROM keep crashing and I can't use the phone for more than 2 hours. I am on my 5th flashing. I tried the April 18th ROm and TheApril 18th cookie ROM. both are crashing.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijkane View Post
Please. The ROM keep crashing and I can't use the phone for more than 2 hours. I am on my 5th flashing. I tried the April 18th ROm and TheApril 18th cookie ROM. both are crashing.
try flashing to your stock rom, hard reset it, then flash this rom, and hard reset it. seems to work for everyone who experiences the exact problems you are havin mate
Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
try flashing to your stock rom, hard reset it, then flash this rom, and hard reset it. seems to work for everyone who experiences the exact problems you are havin mate
+1 this has solved LOTS of our issues.

Only thing I would add is before you flash to the stock ROM is preform a hard reset.

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
New to the ROM, just flashed "23563.Sense2.5.Apr.21" and I've got a couple questions, comments and suggestions.

Questions
1) Is there a way to stop the phone from getting the error when you slide out the keyboard and the phone keeps switching between landscape and portrait?
This is really annoying, and it seems to take a soft-reset to fix the issue until it comes back.

2) Is this ROM tether safe?

Comments

1) The ROM looks and feels great. Thanks NRGZ28!

2) On default HTC Black theme, menu button in the messaging window is not visible although it is still there if you press the area. Other buttons are also similarly affected.

Suggestions

1) Update Googlemaps to 4.10 (now with voice search!)

2) Use HTC Youtube App (Version 2.6 Build 1920.2631 was working great on my Diamond althoguh I understand there is some confilct on the Touch Pro?)

3) Include voice command (man this is a useful program especially if you are using a bluetooth headset.)

4) Include the "Phone Codes" folder (I've included links to it below):

Here's a folder containing 9 CDMA Phone Code short cuts.

AKEY
PREV
VOCODER
DATA
PRL
DEBUG
PST
DIAG
RTN

I added it to the system tools folder. Personally I only ever use PST and DEBUG, but having these short cuts makes it a lot easier than remembering and typing in phone codes and doing a regedit to allow you to enter them into the dialer. Plus it only takes up 245 BYTES! Maybe we could get these cooked into the ROM ?

Phone Codes Folder:
http://rapidshare.com/files/34457561...Codes.rar.html
Alternate download link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2hg...hone_Codes.rar

5) Update QuickGPS

6) Update Opera Mobile 10 to final build.
I just wanted to clear up that the issue I was having in question 1 was due to a hardware defect and has since been rectified.

My other question/comments/suggestions are still valid.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

darkflare999 is a n00b

wow guys thanx alot!! shouldve been a no brainer for me to go to the bootloader screen and reflash...just was scared and thought it was bricked somehow lol.....i just dont understand how to get my home screen like the one shown on the first thread...thanx again everyone!!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Going to START-SETTINGS-CONNECTIONS-USB to PC and de-select [uncheck, disable] the option for "Enable faster data Sync". does nothing for me. Phone works fine, but won't recognize via activesync or as a storage device. PC won't let me run RUU as the device isn't recognized, yet it manages to be charging all the while.
I had this problem recently. I found this tip somewhere and it worked with my laptop. I uninstalled mobile device center and then reinstalled. Still didn't work. Then I tried the next suggestion which was to turn off laptop, pull the battery and leave it out for 5 minutes. I put it back in and turned it on and it recognized my phone and works now. I don't know if the uninstall/reinstall is needed, but it couldn't hurt unless you need the info saved there. I don't use activesync/mobile device center for backing up. I did this on windows 7. Hope it works for you too.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

DavidAbarca is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
It does not change from serial to USB. Windows reports errors recognizing the USB device, both either on or when in bootloader.

Im sorry to tell you that the problem its your USB cable, same thing happened to me, tried reinstalling AS Like a million times and nothing fix it until i got an old Motorola V3 mini usb cable. Give it a Try and come to tell us
Old 04-24-2010, 03:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

DavidAbarca is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijkane View Post
Do a flashdance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro