PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
whats your battery life been like?
My battery life is good but I assume that you will probably need your phone to be on the charger at night since it doesn't turn off. I manually turned off my screen for awhile and then turned it back on with no probably.

What I proposed as a fix may work. It has for me.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcelreavy View Post
I've noticed in the past couple of builds, the "Phone Services" menu has been changed to "GSM/UMTS Services".

I used to be able to enable "Automatic Prepend" but now I cannot find it anymore.

Is it now situated elsewhere or is there a registry entry that I could modify to re-enable "Automatic Prepend"-ing?
There is a fix for that. Go here and follow the directions.

Edit: Also do this to import the regedit found in the file. Start -> Tools -> Tweaks -> Registry Editor
Press Bottom Left icon directly above Start Menu, then press "Import" and go to the .reg and that's it. Followed by a soft reset.

Last edited by vernonlbrown; 11-22-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Try this that I posted. If your up to testing. I have had no DBS and I'm running S2U2 for the past 4 hours.
Just set it now...Going to a club for a few hours and I'll test it during and post results if I'm not too drunk when I get back.

Thanks VB.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

i haven't had the BSD happen once yet on 21869, but had it happen a few times within a couple hours using 28002, and i didn't use lumos, nor did i use auto-light control, so i don't know if that's the culprit. Course i never use auto-light adjust anyway.

Since further testing with 21869, MMS is working good, using WM msg, although you do loose sending via manilla as well as just simply clicking on MSG icon in contact list, and you have to use "New message" and add recipient, but DOES work. However with receiving an MMS, you can easily hit reply, and have all the MMS options there.
I am wondering what difference the new GUI MMS look is with using that (looks like a whole new different program), versus every other normal MMS send and SMS (standard looking messanging) when the only cab i used is the Zenyee HTC disable CAB. How can you ALWAYS use that GUI MMS looking interface???
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
Just set it now...Going to a club for a few hours and I'll test it during and post results if I'm not too drunk when I get back.

Thanks VB.
Sounds good. I'm going 5+ hours strong over here. So far it's looking good.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Lurker

smashbottom is a n00b

BSOD seems to be fixed, by disabling that one item...

Why is it when I receive text messages they say -CDMA, and when I attempt to send a text it says GSA? Maybe this is why I'm having texting issues?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Well it looks like we have a new issue-da-jour like the "ringer" issue with the BSOD-Black Screen of Doom-thanks to all who use the correct terminology I'm kidding!
The issue is random and therefore hard to test/fix, hopefully vernons workaround tides us over till nrgz attacks the issue.
I MAY-and I stress MAY have found discussion of the issue in Da_G's 28002 thread over at xda. It's chef-speak which is over my head. As far as I can tell the fix would be at the chef level anyway so I PM'd nrgz over there and alerted him of the issue and what I saw in the thread. Fingers and toes crossed!

Anyone who wants to take a look, check it out here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44445&page=834
Posts #8333, 8334 start discussing it. That's as far as I read since I PM'd nrgz as soon as I read it. There may be fixes posted later, I'm going to keep reading even though it makes my n00b brain scrambled
Old 11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

i have not gotten the black screen since changing themes and then changing it back going for about 3 hours now
Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbottom View Post
BSOD seems to be fixed, by disabling that one item...

Why is it when I receive text messages they say -CDMA, and when I attempt to send a text it says GSA? Maybe this is why I'm having texting issues?
I don't know if it's fixed but I have been going strong with no BSOD ( thanks Winmo ). You can try it and see how it works for you. Granted you have to turn it off manually but when I do, there is no BSOD waiting for me.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Just put a post up over @ xda on Akeo's new M2.5 thread requesting assistance with MMS issues and contact picker in sms. We'll see what happens...
If you haven't been following that thread, I would recommend it. Good to get info on the progress anmd bug fixes for M2.5. Alot of our fixes here have come from that thread.
I turned off the "turn off my device" stuff earlier today and haven't had another BSD. Probably just jinxed myself.

BTW the link for Akeo's thread is
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584978

Last edited by ahuskins; 11-22-2009 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro