PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dubez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I downloaded the 23081 Nov4 build and for some reason it wont flash. My computer says that there is problem with the RUU. The same goes for the 21864 build. I can open my 1014 build with no problem tho. Can someone tell me what has changed and what do I have to do to flash to the newest rom?

Thanks in advance....
Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
N00b

Slartibartfast is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

odd.. I remove htc messaging and installed sprint arcsoft. I thought htis fixed my problems, but i just noticed when I went to reply to a text, i have no option to send.

No send under menu either.

Creating a new one is no problem though....
Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

reloading the sms messaging lags on 21864 r2 for me ( i.e- i send a text via manila 2.5 HTC and it wont show up on the threaded screen ... and also when i recieve it doesnt pop up until i close the HTC Manila messaging and then log back in- this is after about 30min of use but after a soft reset its fast. ) checking performance tweaks.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post

I downloaded the 23081 Nov4 build and for some reason it wont flash. My computer says that there is problem with the RUU. The same goes for the 21864 build. I can open my 1014 build with no problem tho. Can someone tell me what has changed and what do I have to do to flash to the newest rom?

Thanks in advance....
try dropping the .ruu and .nbh files into a working flash folder ..

Last edited by _sandman; 11-05-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:26 PM
N00b

Samip is a n00b

How do I get footprints to work with tomtom? I installed the tomtom footprints cab and uninstalled google maps, and it doesn't work.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: sprint

lfrp is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post

Thanks in advance....
try flashing from the memory card, it is very simple and easy.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
So now my question is-if our phone DOES have a GPS chip does that factor into My Location? I dont think so, I think I've read that the service is Tower based. Could be wrong. AGPS has no effect on My Location for me, On or Off it works the same.
My Location is an overloaded marketing term that has morphed into something that can mean any # of underlying technologies depending on who you are speaking to.

Google has a GeoLocation API that uses Cell Tower ID and optionally radio strength to figure out your rough location. They have this available for times when GPS isn't convenient and/or available. Getting the CellID and radio stength depends on APIs that the phone manufacturer and/or carrier need to make available. Some phones have it and others don't. Sometimes the carrier puts out an updated ROM with the necessary APIs. If your phone doesn't have these APIs then Google-based MyLocation won't work (it'll say unavailable) This is despite your phone potentially having full GPS and A-GPS available. The radio APIs are just something separate. Sometimes the stock ROMs don't have the APIs but some custom ROMs do. This leads to much confusion, especially when you throw in the fact that many people think MyLocation is using GPS/A-GPS. MyLocation can use GPS/A-GPS also if that is available. On WinMo, it is an option you select in the Google Maps popup menu. Depending on your version and settings, sometimes Google will do an initial less accurate location based on CellID then later when GPS kicks in, it will get a more accurate GPS location.

Also, the Google Gears API can also work with WiFi information and IP addresses to get rough location information, so sometimes that might be used.

Then there is the constant confusion people have with terminology where they think A-GPS means cell tower triangulation, it doesn't. A-GPS is using GPS satellite info plus some help from the network. That help could be getting the satellite location info or having the network do the location calculation or not using the network at all.

Actually probably all phones sold in the last couple of years have some form of A-GPS because it is required by E911. However not all phones/carriers expose the APIs to make it available to applications. More recently the phones have, in addition to exposing the A-GPS to applications, been making standalone hardware GPS functionality available as well.

There is also a separate A-FLT location API that some carriers have that actually is cell tower triangulation. Sprint has servers that do this, but only makes it available to developers or apps that are allowed to use their services. Sprint's MyFamily locater uses this functionality.

So with GPS, A-GPS, A-FLT, Google MyLocation, Google Gears GeoLocation, and now HTC location service (which sounds like it is based on Google APIs), throw in various APIs being available or unavailable, and different ROM versions, and you can see why discussing "MyLocation" can get so confusing.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-05-2009 at 05:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samip View Post
How do I get footprints to work with tomtom? I installed the tomtom footprints cab and uninstalled google maps, and it doesn't work.
Probably not going to happen.
Footprints was I think made to work with Google maps.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
N00b

Samip is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Probably not going to happen.
Footprints was I think made to work with Google maps.
Here is the link to where i found it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478088
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Officially on my Second TP, finally just got a brand new one from the warranty (Bad Keyboard). Hardspl'd and flashing to Energy now.. Cant wait to have my Keyboard back !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro