PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr View Post
it comes already preloaded with PIM Backup under Utilities folder and either learn UC, which i have not yet or use Sashimi, which i think it is fool proof and a whole lot easier. and your cabs that you want in besides all the good stuff NRGZ put in his sweat and time into to make for us, some people will like this but not that and other people will like that and not this.

that is the reason either UC or Sashimi is your way to go.

i still go old school and install one by one and make sure everything still is the same so i can locate a problem if any. which is mostly user error not rom
Yes, I understand that PIM Backup is in place, but a filesystem back up would reduce have to fat finger information. For instance, I have to add the Cricket Carrier DCD. Then I have to actually enter in all of the information that is needed to access Cricket's proxy. Or another for instance; I have about 250 Microsoft Reader .lit books. Since I never read a book all the way through, when I reload a new ROM, the database get hosed and all of the books are listed as unread.

There use to be a filesystem backup CAB when I was cooking ROMs and have since forgotten the name. I guess I need to fire up PPCKitchen and see if I find the name.

Incidently, the is not a slightly of Energy... Hell, I got tired of building ROM, and Energy nearly matches what I would have put together as far as apps.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

awitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
I did get the version off of page 193. My setup is the same as your's, and the options are the same. Nevertheless, every time I push button1 (which I can only assume is the large black button surrounded by the wheel control), I get absolutely nothing. No icon of the microphone showing up, no ding to acknowlege waiting for a command.
I am pretty sure that my button is working correctly... Although I guess I will change the command to something else and see if there is any difference.
Just to let you know my friend you are pushing the wrong button it is the call button the bottom left hard button if that doesn't work let me know
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by awitt View Post
Just to let you know my friend you are pushing the wrong button it is the call button the bottom left hard button if that doesn't work let me know
Thanks for the clarification... So what it going on now is that when I press and hold the call button, I get a message saying that The file " cannot be openned. Either it is not singed with a trusted certficate...

I think I will re-install that cab...
Old 06-12-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mobo is just getting started

Quote:
I have been trying to condition my battery, so that is would give a good indicator of battery level. I have let the battery completely discharge and then let it go back up to 100%. When I go into Systems/Power and look at the information tab, it says that the battery has never had a full charge no info on standby time, etc.
So what is the trick to getting the battery to completely condition so I can see some of the stats?

memory effect is on ni cad batteries not on our batteries.

Memory effect, also known as lazy battery effect or battery memory, is an effect observed in nickel cadmium rechargeable batteries that causes them to hold less charge. It describes one very specific situation in which certain NiCd batteries gradually lose their maximum energy capacity if they are repeatedly recharged after being only partially discharged. The battery appears to "remember" the smaller capacity. [1] The source of the effect is changes of the characteristics of the underused active materials of the cell.[citation needed] The term is commonly misapplied to almost any case in which a battery appears to hold less charge than was expected. These cases are more likely due to battery age and use, leading to irreversible changes in the cells due to internal short-circuits, loss of electrolyte, or reversal of cells.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo View Post
memory effect is on ni cad batteries not on our batteries.

Memory effect, also known as lazy battery effect or battery memory, is an effect observed in nickel cadmium rechargeable batteries that causes them to hold less charge. It describes one very specific situation in which certain NiCd batteries gradually lose their maximum energy capacity if they are repeatedly recharged after being only partially discharged. The battery appears to "remember" the smaller capacity. [1] The source of the effect is changes of the characteristics of the underused active materials of the cell.[citation needed] The term is commonly misapplied to almost any case in which a battery appears to hold less charge than was expected. These cases are more likely due to battery age and use, leading to irreversible changes in the cells due to internal short-circuits, loss of electrolyte, or reversal of cells.
Thank you for the wikipedia definition. I understand chemical difference between the Ni-cad and Li-On. The issue that I can trying to get a handle on is getting a threshold which will provide a good indicator of battery utilization.

The purpose of a conditioning phase is the define a differential in voltage change from one instance to another. Based on that, the phone can somewhat accurately predict the availible time that a battery will last giving delta-x usage. In order to do that, the battery must be completely discharged and then completely charge in order to define x.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

mobo is just getting started

Try this program,
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ueBattery.aspx

It may give you some insight.

Good Luck

mobo
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification... So what it going on now is that when I press and hold the call button, I get a message saying that The file " cannot be openned. Either it is not singed with a trusted certficate...

I think I will re-install that cab...

i read your reply too quick and did not see that you were pressing the center button. easy mistake on our part.

but the messege is what you have to go under start>settings>personal>buttons and map the send key(hold) to voice command by scrolling down under number 2. assign a program and choose voice command click ok and it should all work

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 06-12-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr View Post
i read your reply too quick and did not see that you were pressing the center button. easy mistake on our part.

but the messege is what you have to go under start>settings>personal>buttons and map the send key(hold) to voice command by scrolling down under number 2. assign a program and choose voice command click ok and it should all work
And with that, it is working once again... Although would seem not to work through the bluetooth, but instead the main handset... I guess one thing at a time...
Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

[

There use to be a filesystem backup CAB ......I find the name.

Incidently, the is not a slightly of Energy... Hell, I got tired of building ROM, and Energy nearly matches what I would have put together as far as apps.[/quote]

not sure if you are asking about sprite back up or even better yet the older HTC Backup. i know that sprite back up has a newer version out but htc backup for the kaiser or older devices is what i used one time. i am at office and not at home with those cabs, but under xda, and raphael rom development forum, Da_G has a cab floating from Sprite works well and when you install it installs like "Da_G Sprite Backup" if you cant find it i will try to upload from home, still at work now.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ View Post
Anybody wanna beta test the next release ? About to build it now and could use a couple of "one on one" beta testers to look for things that I might have missed before I unleash ti to the main servers Im me if you do.... :P Handles can be found at the top of the post...

It would be my pleasure. I am ready and willing, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro