PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ....RSTG Custom Rom -=- Rhodium_v1D v3.R1d.14 FuzeBerry II 4/8/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
RSTG, what I found is that the weather "bug" on it opening slow for me was due to the signal strength where I was at. As soon as the signal strength increased it popped right open with no lag time. I tried the weather fix but don't like when it has you select country instead of yours. Because with the country I can't get the exact cities I look for just can get to the closet big city. At least on your weather selection I get everything I look for. So personally I don't think it is an issue in your rom as much as it a signal reception issue. Again GREAT ROM!!!!!!!
Thanks for the feedback. Barring a natural disaster I should have my touch pro early next month, and a super-tweaked rom by the middle of the month.

So open your pocket's everyone and donate at least $5 to PPCGeeks.com to help maintain the site that brings us these great new roms. I promise, the rom will get much better once I actually have a phone.

Here's the Link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?do=donate

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dragonzkin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcjohn View Post
In case I screw up the links...
Weather cab fix: HTCWeatherMasterRhodium2.0Beta1.cab at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480101
and the PhotoAlbum cab fix is located within xbmod's complete package + Fix1D under the "Required" directory, file named 6-HTCRhodium Album vga fixed.cab
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531
It's out there as a seperate file too, but can't seem to locate it at the moment.
All of these links & files get heavy trying to track where you've seen or grabbed them from. Again.. thanks for a great rom.
May wanna drop these links in the first post until you can get em cooked in! Thanks dougcjohn.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dougcjohn is a n00b

Selders59, I agree the extra cities were helpful and a nice plus! I didn't see a difference on opening based on signal strenth since it was in the same location and signal variation changed with either setup as data request was initiated. I tried it several ways in an attempt to see if it helped or imagined. The Weather DB app tool helps on the extra cities & towns too... so either way you can get the smaller cities into the DB. I personally like the Country option since my Wife's family is in Ukraine and Russia... but that's besides the opening speed issue: 1 sec vs 8-10 sec was my main concern. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcjohn View Post
Selders59, I agree the extra cities were helpful and a nice plus! I didn't see a difference on opening based on signal strenth since it was in the same location and signal variation changed with either setup as data request was initiated. I tried it several ways in an attempt to see if it helped or imagined. The Weather DB app tool helps on the extra cities & towns too... so either way you can get the smaller cities into the DB. I personally like the Country option since my Wife's family is in Ukraine and Russia... but that's besides the opening speed issue: 1 sec vs 8-10 sec was my main concern. Thanks!
I can understand that. I was just stating what I had found on my use of the weatherbase on RSTG's rom. I know things will differ with everyone's phone,location and preference. Everything is all good.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
N00b

First issue. There seems to be an issue with the soft keyboard. If one tries to use the hard keyboard when inputting email settings it keeps trying to autocomplete words (I am assuming a diamond issue). In its attempts to autocomplete (when the hard keyboard is slid out) one cannot see the text that is actually getting input.

So far initial flash / sync is all good though. Need to apply the album fix, weather database was a nice touch!

EDIT: Also something I noticed that may want to be added. When plugging into a laptop on some other ROMS I have seen a 3 item pop up menu, one of which is internet sharing. This one is rocking a 2 item popup menu, disk drive and activesync. Just an FYI!

Nice ROM thus far!

Last edited by dragonzkin; 04-10-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dougcjohn is a n00b

RSTG, You mentioned several posts back that you were looking at other Screen Keyboards. Have you played with the port over of the FingerKeyBoard2 any? If you're looking for a great screen keyboard with plenty of options it might be an option. Using your v14 ROM it works great & has fast response. It has a black with red theme that displays great on the TP Screen with your BB Theme. I have large hands and have a hard time hitting center on most scrn kybrds. My accuracy rate & speed is much better on this one compared to several others; free or purchased. It is a bit large on storage, that may be a negative to a rom buildup but just a suggestion if you're looking.
If ya want to check it out, I'm using ver 2.1 with arrows. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122 Thanks again, super ROM!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 PM
N00b

quick question on GPS. The telenav, it says it is a leaked version. It had me sign in, so I did with my sprint credentials. Is this a paid for service or am I somehow getting GPS turn by turn instructions from Sprint for free?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lawreaga is a n00b

is there anyway I can add the upload to facebook function to picture album?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Kapoleon is a n00b

Any way to get rid of the battery monitor application at the top of the screen...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

khudson23 is just getting started

now I am running an earlier version of your rom, if i want to upgrade to this newer version do I have to perform a hard reset when flashing, i already have everything set exactly the way i like and would hate to have to re-do everything, any workarounds? i am on v2.rd.10

Last edited by khudson23; 04-10-2009 at 01:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development