PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Yea im sure i've listed that I use an 8gb micro sd card myself some ware in the thread.
well, sorry for the non-acknowledgment, Mr. 2. can u ever forgive us????
lol..j/k man....
Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

I just got the touchpro today from uscc and its exactly the same as sprints touchpro. im getting a "upgrade rom code error , please try again" on my boootloader screen. im stuck. pleeeeeease help me!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I had problems syncing with vista, and I figured out how to unlock via the sd card a while back. It seems that this might be useful for others so I am posting a thread to make it more easily searchable. This assumes you already know the basics of flashing. if I get enough demand ill break it down further.

This guide is only for the sprint touch pro, you break anything its not my fault you do it at your own risk!!! to make it verizonable you need to get the nbh outta the verizon unlocker.
MAKE SURE YOU THANK CMONEX IN THE Hard-SPL THREAD!!

All of this stuff is in the unlocker thread, I just linked to the sspl, and extracted the nbh for ease of use. Remember your sd card must be formatted fat 32 prior to all this fun stuff.

download the SSPL here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1225521707
extract this and put the exe in main memory on your phone. (meaning the SSPL should not be on your SD card.)

then download the attached zipped up nbh. Extract it then transfer it to your sd card (not in any folders just on the root of the sd card.) You should have no problems just downloading this with your phone from the site. It says RUU_Signed.zip, but inside the zip it is already named properly so don't rename it after unzipping it.

click on the exe you put on your phone to open up the sspl then it should prompt you to push power to flash. Once the flash is done you are unlocked. You can verify by holding power and vol down while pressing soft reset. It should say cmonex if you unlocked properly.

NOTE: some users have reported getting stuck in an unbootable loop after this step. simply flash this copy of the stock rom and you should be good to go. if this note helps you please sent hotspace some thanks for figuring this out ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar
my 2gb sd card has been formatted to fat 32 and im stuck on bootloader screen. it also says "upgrade rom code error. please try again" pleeeeeeeease help
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
my 2gb sd card has been formatted to fat 32 and im stuck on bootloader screen. it also says "upgrade rom code error. please try again" pleeeeeeeease help
Are you using the 0.37 spl? That's the one you should be using.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

it says RAPH800 spl 0.37.CMONEX microp herman led v0c85 etc... then " upgrade rom code error, please try again" what should i do now?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
it says RAPH800 spl 0.37.CMONEX microp herman led v0c85 etc... then " upgrade rom code error, please try again" what should i do now?
There is a NOTE near the end of the first post in this thread that pertains to you. Follow those steps, except don't use the sprint rom, use this one http://www.mediafire.com/file/04jntj...39959_Ship.exe
You will have to use winrar or similar to to extract the RUU_signed.nbh file from the exe file above.
People have had the same error as you and this is the documented fix for it. It will flash your OS rom and clear that error.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-10-2009 at 09:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I honestly think at this point any unlocked rom will get you out of the loop. I am not sure what causes this error, but flashing any rom at this point seems to get you out.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
There is a NOTE near the end of the first post in this thread that pertains to you. Follow those steps, except don't use the sprint rom, use this one http://www.mediafire.com/file/04jntj...39959_Ship.exe
You will have to use winrar or similar to to extract the RUU_signed.nbh file from the exe file above.
People have had the same error as you and this is the documented fix for it. It will flash your OS rom and clear that error.
flashing a shipped rom can sometimes relock the phone. I would find a dumped version rather than a shipped version.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I honestly think at this point any unlocked rom will get you out of the loop. I am not sure what causes this error, but flashing any rom at this point seems to get you out.
Good point cornelious. I was just relaying the instructions from the first post. He will be fine if he just uses the nbh from the shipped rom. It will only have a possibility of relocking if he ran the exe file while connected through activesync.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Good point cornelious. I was just relaying the instructions from the first post. He will be fine if he just uses the nbh from the shipped rom. It will only have a possibility of relocking if he ran the exe file while connected through activesync.
im not so sure about the not relocking part since i relock my tp via sd like a normal flash using the shipped sprint nbh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd