ebuechler3
Regular 'Geeker

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I had problems syncing with vista, and I figured out how to unlock via the sd card a while back. It seems that this might be useful for others so I am posting a thread to make it more easily searchable. This assumes you already know the basics of flashing. if I get enough demand ill break it down further.

This guide is only for the sprint touch pro, you break anything its not my fault you do it at your own risk!!! to make it verizonable you need to get the nbh outta the verizon unlocker.
MAKE SURE YOU THANK CMONEX IN THE Hard-SPL THREAD!!

All of this stuff is in the unlocker thread, I just linked to the sspl, and extracted the nbh for ease of use. Remember your sd card must be formatted fat 32 prior to all this fun stuff.

download the SSPL here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1225521707
extract this and put the exe in main memory on your phone. (meaning the SSPL should not be on your SD card.)

then download the attached zipped up nbh. Extract it then transfer it to your sd card (not in any folders just on the root of the sd card.) You should have no problems just downloading this with your phone from the site. It says RUU_Signed.zip, but inside the zip it is already named properly so don't rename it after unzipping it.

click on the exe you put on your phone to open up the sspl then it should prompt you to push power to flash. Once the flash is done you are unlocked. You can verify by holding power and vol down while pressing soft reset. It should say cmonex if you unlocked properly.

NOTE: some users have reported getting stuck in an unbootable loop after this step. simply flash this copy of the stock rom and you should be good to go. if this note helps you please sent hotspace some thanks for figuring this out ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar
my 2gb sd card has been formatted to fat 32 and im stuck on bootloader screen. it also says "upgrade rom code error. please try again" pleeeeeeeease help